Ok, let’s get this out of the way. Viking river cruises aren’t cheap. In fact, for most of us, saving for a luxury river cruise is a multi-year process.
Of course, this is not necessarily a bad thing, as anticipation can be part of the fun of any trip. But, the question still remains. Do Viking river cruises offer an excellent value for money? Or, are you better off going with one of the lesser-known ships on the river?
This winter, I had the opportunity to join Viking on their Rhine Getaway cruise, so, I now have a good understanding of what they offer. Now, I can’t imagine taking a river cruise with anyone else!
Here are 5 reasons Viking river cruises are worth every single penny.
- Everyone Should Be Treated Like Royalty Once in Their Life
- Unparalleled Culinary Experiences Are Included
- Cultural and Historical Events Aren’t a Side Show
- Generous Amounts of Alcohol Are Included
- A Viking Longship is Actually a Luxury Floating Hotel
I have always felt that any type of cruising is a great value. If you add up all the costs involved (food, transportation, sightseeing, general travel related aggravation) a river cruise aboard Viking River Cruises is actually very cost competitive. And this does not even take into account the pampering you will receive.