On a cruise ship
S.S. Beatrice: Uniworld's Super Ship hits all the right notes
Uniworld River Cruises calls S.S. Beatrice a Super Ship, the first of its vessels to be convereted into a signature class of its own, featuring modern technology and features such as a grand central staircase made of nickel and black iron. Formerly sailing as River Beatrice, the ship was completely revamped in 2018 and now features a fresh, sleek look with a graceful bow, redesigned lounge, and twice the number of dining and bar options, though you won't find a pool or mini-cinema.
The 152-passenger vessel features yacht-style light wood with blue and white finishes throughout, a renovated lobby featuring elegant mirrors, marble floors and a white Murano chandelier with blue shades. The ship’s redesigned lounge features sofas and chairs with handmade upholstery, a parquet floor and upholstered ceiling panels, solar shades and new USB ports allowing passengers to charge on the go. Artwork throughout the ship includes pieces from Pablo Picasso, Alexander Calder and Pino Signoretto.
Where S.S. Beatrice sails
Dining on S.S. Beatrice
Dining in the main restaurant of S.S. Beatrice will be one of the highlights of your voyage. As riverscapes sweep by, you'll be treated to eye-popping scenery while you dine.
The four dining options on board were inspired by famous Austrian composers, including:
- Mozart’s, the ship’s main restaurant, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. During the day, natural light floods in from the floor-to-ceiling windows. Seating is open for dinner, and diners have a choice of a starter, soup, main course and dessert. Fare includes chicken, seafood, steak, pasta and vegetarian dishes, while soups are more imaginative, such as the paprika goulash and Hungarian fish soup.
- Schubert’s, an 18-seat café at the ship's bow, offers guests shared plates from lunch through dinnertime. The cozy Austrian-styled eatery features menus reflecting the cuisine of the ship’s destinations.
- Wolfgang’s features tea, coffee, snacks and evening canapes in the lounge on deck 3.
- Max’s restaurant offers intimate cooking classes where guests can create local European cuisines alongside the chef for a fee of 50 to 90 euros.
A final option is room service.
Your fare on S.S. Beatrice is all inclusive. As the most all-inclusive cruise line on the rivers, Uniworld elevates all-inclusive luxury river cruising to a new level. You can get:
- Unlimited beverages, including fine wines & premium spirits
- Award-winning farm-to-table cuisine
- 24-hour room service and butler service
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- All gratuities on board and on shore
- All-scheduled airport transfers
- Choice of multiple daily excrusions
- Onboard entertainment and signature lectures
Staterooms & suites
Beatrice has a total of 76 staterooms for 152 passengers served by 53 crew members. There are a surprising number of stateroom categories, including 37 French Balcony Cabins (195 square feet), 13 Balcony Cabins (ditto), 12 Balcony Suites (295 square feet), 10 Window Cabins (165 square feet), two Owners Stuis (310 square feet) and two Balcony Royal Suites (390 square feet).
All cabins feature boutique decor and high-end furnishings. Each stateroom has two twin beds /convertible to queen, with bedside tables and lamps. The signature Savoir beds are handcrafted, with under-bed suitcase storage space, luxury bedding sets (100 percent Egyptian cotton), duvets and pillow menu. The list of included amenities in all cabins includes en-suite marble bathroom (WC, sink, shower cubicle, towel warmer, waffle bathrobes, plush towels, slippers), bottled water (replenished daily), magnifying mirror, luxury bath products, L’Occitane body products (/shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion), two to three built-in closets and a flat HDTV.
Our writer GaryBembridge sailed on the earlier incarnation of the ship, River Beatrice, before its makeover in 2018.
How about you? Have you sailed on S.S. Beatrice? Please share your experience!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Interested in a cruise on S.S. Beatrice? Contact a Cruiseable travel expert who'll go to work for you at no cost. Call 1-877-322-3883 or email us.
Top highlights on this ship
- All-inclusive fare covers food, drink, tours, Wi-Fi and gratuities
- Regional-based menus using locally purchased produce along the river
- Local entertainers brought on board at various points to demonstrate regional traditions, culture, music and dance
- Exclusive land-based events included in the fare, such as a private classical concert in a palace in Vienna