On a cruise ship
River Queen: Looking for legends on the Rhine
Uniworld's River Queen is an upscale 'boutique' ship with numerous touches that will make you feel well cared for as you cruise some of Europe's most famous waterways. Tulips and windmills, legendary Rhine and Moselle trips and a special classic Christmas Market tour in Germany are a few of the great pleasures you will enjoy on the River Queen. While it's a similar concept, river cruising is quite different than ocean cruising. On a river cruise, you can expect to see the shoreline every day, get off of the ship every day, and enjoy a more comfortable setting with fewer passengers.
Riverview staterooms and suites are lavishly appointed, with handcrafted beds. luxuriously high thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets, comfy European duvets and an entire menu of pillow options. Enjoy the complimentary use of a fleet of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks to explore the shoreline and surrounding areas.
Where River Queen sails
Home port: Basel, Switzerland
Destinations: The Uniworld River Queen sails the Rhine and Moselle rivers in Europe. Embark from Amsterdam or Basel to ports including Koblenz and Trier, Germany.
Epicurean highlights in Europe include:
- Gourmet dinners paired with distinctive wines and craft beers
- Onboard culinary demonstrations and tastings
- Private onshore wine and beer tastings exclusively for Uniworld guests
- Signature Dishes designed to soothe the soul and warm the heart
- Traveling Lite menu with health-conscious options
- Early Riser breakfasts
- Continental breakfast
- Afternoon Tea
- Al fresco dining
- All-Day Bistro menu for snacks
Generous built-in closets, hair dryer, individual climate-control thermostat, direct-dial telephone, infotainment center with flat-screen TV and complimentary movie and entertainment options, bottled water, and safe. Marble bathrooms include: L'Occitane en Provence bath and body products, plush towels, backlit magnifying mirror, and cozy waffle bathrobes and slippers. Other amenities include:
- daily fruit and cookie plate
- an evening amuse-bouche
- bathroom towel warmer
- private DVD & iPod docking station
- Nespresso coffee machine, refrigerator
- bottle of wine upon arrival
- morning coffee and tea
- shoe shine and free laundry service
Public areas include: Main Lounge with full-service bar with dance floor and cozy fireplace, Captain's Lounge with library and full-service bar, elegant restaurant, sun deck with life-size chess and shuffleboard, fitness center, sauna, Serenity River Spa, boutique, guest laundry and ironing facilities, and elevator
Additional ship amenities include: 24-hour reception service, complimentary 24-hour specialty coffee and tea bar, use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks, and free Internet and Wi-Fi access
How about you? Have you sailed on River Queen? We'd love to hear about your experience!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Marble bathrooms feature L’Occitane en Provence bath and body products and plush towels
- Book a special classic Christmas Market tour and find the holiday magic you have been looking for
- Enjoy special touches like towel warmers, bathrobes, slippers and shoeshine and laundry service
“A retro-look boutique river ship with tasteful features and bags of style, the interior of the River Queen is in the elegant Art Deco style. While the food is disappointing, the spacious cabins are well equipped and comfortable, and the ship has a wellness area with sauna, a launderette and complimentary bicycles.”