On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Scenic Pearl: Luxury river cruising in a space ship
With a recent fleet-wide upgrade, Scenic Pearl now features luxury suites with large private balconies and "Sun Lounges," HDTVs linked to Mac mini computers and complimentary Wi-Fi access. Outside of the suites, the ship now has two new dining areas — River Café and Table la Rive — as well as an upgraded bar, new artwork, carpet and furniture.
Scenic Cruises also prides itself on all-inclusive luxury, going as far as telling passengers all they need to pack is their passport, leaving their wallets at home. Amenities include bottled water, wi-fi and tipping — all of which are included in the cruise price.
Where Scenic Pearl sails
The Scenic Pearl cruises the The Rhine, Main and Danube Rivers , with destinations including Cologne and Düsseldorf.
Aboard a Scenic Cruises river cruise, you have a range of dining options to choose from, including the informal all-day River Café, the intimate Portobellos Italian Restaurant, the elegant Crystal Dining Restaurant and the exclusive Table La Rive for Danube Deck, Junior and Royal Suite guests.
You can find the English tradition of high tea on the ship's Riverview Terrace during the day and enjoy cocktails in the evening. While you’re onboard, all cocktails, spirits, beer and wine are complimentary; however, there are a few exceptions, including vintage wines, fine champagnes and spirits. You can also enjoy a mini-bar in your cabin any time, along with a large bottle of still and sparkling mineral water daily.
Service & space
With at least one member of staff for every three guests, as well as a personal butler, Scenic Cruises makes sure that each passenger gets great service.
- Butler Service: This ship's butler service is available to every passenger. You will be welcomed aboard with a refreshing drink before being taken to your cabin. Whatever your cabin grade, your butler offers complimentary drinks and valet service. If you’re staying on the Rhine Deck or above, your butler can arrange cocktail drinks and serve early morning tea or coffee in your cabin. Danube Deck guests and Junior and Royal Suite guests can enjoy all this plus in-suite dining and pre-dinner canapés.
- Space: Scenic Pearl is referred to as one of the line's "space ships," meaning that guests and cabin numbers are limited to ensure that staterooms and public areas aren't crowded. Highlights include the Panorama Lounge, which is larger most lounges found on river cruise ships, and the River Café, which offers great views. There are also outdoor areas including the Sun Deck.
Staterooms & suites
Scenic Cruises ships are some of the widest and longest on Europe’s waterways, with two decks of suites with balconies, all with floor-to-ceiling windows that open to your private outdoor balcony. If the weather isn't ideal, all balconies can be transformed into a "Sun Lounge," making sure you don't miss the scenery.
All rooms come with queen-size Scenic "Slumber Beds" with Egyptian cotton linen, individual climate control and a pillow menu. Your suite or stateroom includes a flat-screen HDTV and Mac mini system, plus complimentary mini-bar and wi-fi internet access. There’s also a personal safe for your valuables and a nightly turndown service.
How about you? Have you sailed on Scenic Pearl? Please share your experience!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- "Space ship" layout, giving passengers plenty of room to wander & enjoy the scenery
- Balconies and "Sun Lounge" in most staterooms
- Plenty of dining options from informal to elegant
Top dining options on board
“A stylish river ship offering a well-programmed cruise, Scenic Pearl is an elegantly decorated vessel. The cuisine is very good and while the ship is ‘all inclusive’, ‘premium’ drinks cost extra.”