On a cruise ship
Norwegian Dawn: Choices abound for every size family & budget
As part of the Norwegian Cruise Line fleet, Norwegian Dawn was built with freedom in mind, offering a choice of 14 dining options, 12 bars and lounges, the fitness center and spa, casino, pools and more. After a day of activity or relaxation, the choices continue as you'll be able to lay your head down in the spacious accommodation that best suits you — and this ship has got something for every size family and budget.
Where Norwegian Dawn sails
Home port: New Orleans in winter months and in Boston in summer.
She sails from Boston to Bermuda in the summer and from New Orleans to the Caribbean during winter, including Cozumel, Mexico, Belize City, Roatan Bay Islands (Honduras), Costa Maya in Mexico and Harvest Caye in Belize.
- Aqua Main Dining Room: Choose from a daily menu that includes selection of healthy, light choices.
- Bamboo: This elegant adventure into Pan Asian cuisine is a world-class experience in the finest Japanese, Thai and Chinese cuisine with a sushi and sashimi bar, a teppanyaki room and many more authentic Asian dishes.
- Bimini Bar & Grill: Located poolside at the Oasis Pool is Bimini Bar & Grill. Enjoy a burger, pizza and more delicious grilled items.
- Blue Lagoon: In honor of the midnight snack, the Blue Lagoon 24-hour food court offers a food court-style eatery that you can enjoy in a family friendly atmosphere day or night.
- Cagney's Steakhouse: Like the gangster himself, this upscale, traditional steak house is right out of the 1930s with all the trimmings.
- Garden Cafe: The Garden Cafe offers a family-friendly menu of omelets, pasta, soups, salads and ethnic specialties. There's also a kid-sized section for little eaters.
- La Cucina Restarant: Traditional, tasty and molto italiano! Enjoy pasta with a choice of seven savory sauces in a casual atmosphere. There are also crispy fresh salads, pizza, authentic Italian desserts, a fine wine list and espresso drinks to top off the meal.
- Le Bistro French Restaurant: Le Bistro is a feast for the senses. The walls are adorned with paintings and the menu is filled with modern classical and contemporary French gourmet fare.
- Moderno Churrascaria: As the succulent skewers of barbequed meats are carved tableside, you control how much you want with the Moderno green and red placecards. Also, enjoy a wide selection of perfectly prepared salads, sliced meats and traditional accompanying dishes from the salad bar.
- Pizza 24/7: The ocean's very first pizza delivery service is offered 24 hours a day aboard Norwegian Dawn.
- Room Service: Norwegian Dawn offers a menu of items, which can be prepared and brought to your stateroom. Room service is available 24 hours a day ; however, there will be a delivery charge from midnight to 5 am.
- Sushi and Sashimi Bar: Enjoy the very best sushi and sashimi experty prepared as you watch.
- Teppanyaki: Located in Bamboo, the Teppanyaki grill has tables for 10 where you can be a part of a truly Asian dining experience.
- Venetian Main Dining Room: Complete with crystal chandeliers, a sweeping staircase and an award-winning, five-course menu, the master chefs at the Venetial are members of the international gourmet society Chaine des Rotisseurs.
- Dawn Club Casino: Welcome to NCL's Casinos at Sea. Where novices and veterans alike will enjoy Roulette, Blackjack, Craps, Let It Ride and Caribbean Stud Poker. Let the good times roll.
- Stardust Theater: A stunning two-story main show lounge with a stage for some of the best entertainment at sea.
- Band on The Run: Norwegian Cruise Line presents The Norwegian Production Cast and Show Orchestra in this tribute to the music and dance of the psychedelic 70s. From the soaring melodies of Styx to the disco sounds of Donna Summer to the rock of Queen, you will flashback to the days of platforms and mood rings.
- Bollywood: Norwegian Cruise Line presents "Bollywood," featuring The Norwegian Dawn Production Cast. This show is full of special effects, aerial acrobatics and incredible feats of human strength.
- Comedy Variety: When's the last time you guffawed? From stand-up comedy to unicycle-riding jugglers, you're invited for an evening of laughter in the Stardust Theater.
- Presumed Murdered Luncheon: The Second City has teamed up with best-selling crime novelist Scott Turow to create a hilarious who-done-it called Presumed Murdered. You are immediately brought into the action to find the killer and bring them to justice.
- South Beach Rave: Norwegian Cruise Line presents South Beach Rave, featuring The Norwegian Dawn Production Cast. Get ready to party with an explosion of energy and excitement inspired by the heart of South Beach. Music provided by the Norwegian Dawn Show Band.
- The Second City: Chicago's legendary comedy theatre, The Second City, celebrates its 50th anniversary with a hilarious revue of sketches, songs and improvisation.
- White Hot Party: Don your white attire and get to the pool deck for the most invigorating, black light glowing, electrifying party beneath the stars. Dance with the white-winged angels and be sure to get a souvenir T-shirt.
Bars & lounges
- Galleria Havana Club: Step into the world of rolled premium cigars, cognacs and spirits at the Havana Club. This is one place where it is completely acceptable to light up in public.
- Bimini Bar & Grill: This colorful poolside beach bar brings you the feel of the islands and the laid-back atmosphere that is just like being on Bimini Beach with a Margarita in your hand.
- Dawn Club Casino Bar: Enjoy a variety of drinks while you take your chances on the slots, card tables and more.
- Gatsby's Champagne Bar: There are moments when only champagne will do. Head to Gatsby's Champagne Bar for an extensive selection of bubbly, decorated in classic art deco motif.
- Sake Bar: Full sake bar within the Bamboo restaurant.
- Star Bar: Looking for a nice spot to sit, enjoy cocktails and take in the view? This is the place. The Star Bar looks out over the Oasis Pool and out to sea with a piano player.
- The Pearly Kings Pub: Going down to the pub takes on new meaning at the Pearly Kings, a traditional English Pub featuring English pool, large screen TVs and the proper beer on tap.
- Topsiders Bar: Located poolside at the Oasis Pool is Topsiders, a full bar in close proximity to ample sunning area, hot tubs and Sprinkles Ice Cream Bar.
- Wine Cellar: Do a little wine tasting on board and maybe find a new favorite.
Spa & fitness
- El Dorado Fitness Center: There are numerous ways to stay in shape while on board the Dawn. The El Dorado Fitness Center is open from 6 am to 11 pm with a full-service gym and aerobics/fitness classes offered daily. After a good workout, try the Juice Bar, which offers a wide range of juices and smoothies.
- Basketball/volleyball court: Shoot hoops, join a pick up game or play beach volleyball without the beach at the net enclosed, outdoor basketball/volleyball court.
- Jogging/walking track: Run circles around the other guests or get in your daily walk while you're at sea.
- Hot tubs: There are six hot tubs conveniently located throughout the ship. Try them all out or pick your favorite and make relaxing and unwinding a part of your daily regimen.
- Lap Pool: This lap pool is the longest indoor pool on a cruise ship.
- Mandara Spa: This spa is also a full-service beauty salon, offering a plethora of spa treatments to rejuvenate your body and soul.
Kids & teens
- T-Rex Kid's Pool: Just like its name, the T-Rex Kid's Pool has a dinosaur theme featuring slides and paddling pool. There's also a hot tub on the deck nearby.
- The Club: A hip place for teens to hang out comes complete, video, jukebox, fooseball table and air hockey. By night, The Club turns into a teen disco.
- Video Zone: Stop by the video arcade and capture a few aliens, win a car race, play pinball and fly a jet fighter.
- Youth & Teen Center: The Youth Center offers a cinema and interactive dance mat. The Teen Center features a brand new dance floor, video jukebox, and large flat screen television along with PlayStation 3 and Wii gaming area.
- Kid's Water World: A pool area with a space-age theme.
- Galleria Shops: Need a new bathing suit? How about a surprise gift for your sweetheart? The Galleria Shops is a department store that offers a wide selection of brand name and specialty goodies.
- Internet Cafe: No matter how far you are from home, having access to the Internet is always nearby at this cafe.
Staterooms are put into different categories based on size and amenities as well as the location on the cruise ship.
All staterooms have a TV, refrigerator, safe, duvet, bathroom with shower and tea and coffee facilities. Most lower beds are convertible to a queen size bed. All suites and penthouses feature floor-to-ceiling glass doors with private balcony, luxury bath and conciege service.
How about you? Have you sailed on Norwegian Dawn? Please share your experience!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- The world-class Mandara Spa with full-service beauty salon
- Spectacular stage shows including The Second City comedy
- The largest suites on the sea for ultimate comfort and privacy