On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Crown Princess: A Grand-class cruise ship on the high seas
Crown Princess is one of the newer and larger Princess ships, a Grand-class cruise liner with room for 3,080 passengers. From her nearly 900 balconies, you can enjoy sweeping views of romantic landscapes across the world. Spend your days lounging at a pool or strolling through the street cafe atmosphere of the Piazza. In the evening, you'll have your choice of dining venues and entertainment, or arrange an intimate alfresco-style meal on your balcony and watch the moon rise over the ocean.
Who will like sailing the Crown Princess
Cruise passengers wanting a wide choice of shipboard activities, but still that touch of personalized service, will enjoy sailing on Crown Princess. The ship's programs for children and teens also make this a family-friendly cruise.
Where Crown Princess sails
Crown Princess sails in and out of the U.S. West Coast, British Colombia, Alaska, Mexico, Hawaii and the South Pacific. The ship features itineraries ranging from three-day Getaway voyages to a 28-day Hawaii, Tahiti and South Pacific cruise.
Variety is the spice of life, especially when it comes to dining. Whether you feel like a multicourse meal in a formal dining room, a hand-tossed pizza by the pool or (for an added surcharge) a meal at one of the specialty restaurants, you'll have a variety of venues and dining options to choose from no matter the time of day.
The Crown Princess has three main dining rooms: Traditional Dining in the Botticelli Dining Room is the classic cruise experience, allowing you to dine at set times with the same table mates and wait staff each evening. When you want to dine with whom you want, when you choose, go to either the Michelangelo or Da Vinci dining rooms for Anytime Dining. Both options offer menus featuring appetizers, entrees and desserts that change each day of your voyage.
- Sabatini's: With a menu specializing in Italian cuisine and premium seafood, Sabatini's aspires to present the refined yet casual atmosphere of an Italian ristorante.
- Crown Grill: Featuring premium aged beef and fresh seafood, Crown Grill offers an open, theater-style kitchen where chefs custom-prepare lobster, scallops, clams and mussels, and cooked-to-order steaks.
- Horizon Court: Offers a wide selection of buffet meals or snacks. Floor-to-ceiling windows with stunning sea views sets the backdrop for your quick breakfast or casual dinner.
- Wheelhouse Bar: Step in for a plate of fish and chips, a hearty Ploughman's Lunch or other taste of British tradition. You'll find a lunch menu of favorites advertised on chalkboards and displayed on counters for an authentic pub feel.
- Café Caribe: A self-service buffet of Caribbean food. Courses change nightly, and the restaurant is open until 4:00 a.m.
YOLO (You only live once!)
For $100 a couple, you can book the Ultimate Balcony Dining experience, served by a dedicated waitstaff on your balcony alfresco style. (A breakfast option is also available.)
Bars & lounges
- Wheelhouse Bar: Good for a pub lunch (see above), this nautical-themed lounge is also a welcome stop to kick back in a wingback chair for a cool pint and, in the evening, live music and dancing.
- Vines Wine Bar: Serves more than 30 wines by the glass, sushi and tapas.
- Speakeasy Cigar Lounge: A small lounge where you can relax with a glass of brandy in one hand and a cigar in the other.
Activities & entertainment
- Production Shows: Take in one of the nightly shows featuring live music, choreography and some of the largest casts at sea.
- Dancing, Karaoke & Comedy: Choose your fancy: Move to a disco beat or take a spin in the ballroom. And, for some laughs, catch a stand-up comedy act or belt out a song in a karaoke lounge.
- Casino: Games of chance beckon including blackjack, roulette, craps and slot machines.
- Movies Under the Stars: Enjoy feature films, concerts, sporting events and other entertainment on a giant screen poolside.
- [email protected]: It never hurts to learn something new, even when you're on vacation. From enrichment lectures to cooking demonstrations, digital photography workshops to wine tasting, [email protected] programs can make learning fun.
- Poolside: Swim, sun and enjoy yourself in one of the many pools. Relax underneath a retractable glass dome, on a terrace above the rolling wake or work up a sweat and make some of your own waves in a swim-against-the-current pool.
- Lotus Spa: Features spa treatments, beauty salon services and the latest in equipment, as well as personal trainers and a variety of different classes throughout the day.
Spa & relaxation
- The Sanctuary: Solitude seekers will be able to escape completely to this plush, outdoor spa-inspired setting with signature beverages, light meals, massages, attentive service and relaxing personal entertainment.
- Afternoon Tea: Indulge in afternoon tea with finger sandwiches, pastries, scones, cookies, music and white-glove service.
Youth & teens
Children and young teens have their own kind of fun — and their own place to hang out. The ship's Youth Centers and Teen Lounges are staffed with experienced counselors and equipped with everything from the latest video games and movies, to arts and crafts, foosball tables, board games and jukeboxes. And for the littlest ones, there are activities like kids' karaoke, pizza parties and pajama nights.
- The Fun Zone
- Teen Center
- Video arcade
- Chill Out splash pool
Have you sailed the Crown Princess ? Please share a story, tip or discovery. What was the highlight? We would love to hear about your experience — please share!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Wedding chapel to renew your vows or get married at sea, officiated by the ship's captain
- Age-appropriate programs for children and teens
- Plenty of nightlife and dining options
- Relaxing spa service
- Casino gaming and a cigar lounge
- Cooking, photography and other instruction at [email protected]