On a cruise ship
Viking Hild: Longship visits charming ports along the Rhine
The Longship Viking Hild from Viking River Cruises, which debuted in March 2017, carries 190 passengers and 50 crew members on 8-day cruise vacations along the storied Rhine River through Germany, France and Switzerland.
Like other Viking Longships, the Hild features the Aquavit Terrace, which transforms from an indoor to outdoor dining venue as the weather permits. For dining and entertainment, The Restaurant and Bar are the key go-to public spaces.
Hild represents the line’s latest Longship-class river boat design. Viking Cruises' Longships feature energy-efficient hybrid engine technology, solar panels and an interior design by a top design company in Norway. Hild launched alongside her twin sister ship, Viking Herja.
Where Viking Hild sails
Viking Hild currently sails a limited number of 7- night "Rhine Getaway" itineraries from Amsterdam to Basel, Switzerland, or the reverse journey. Stops along the way include Cologne, Speyer, Heidelberg, Strasbourg and other river towns.
Highlights on board
Entertainment includes a library, walking track, putting green, shuffleboard and deck chess. Passengers can make use of Hild's onboard Concierge, complimentary shipwide Wi-Fi and a 24-hour beverage bar.
The ship also provides an array of options for cultural enrichment: Take part in immersive learning and enhancement activities both on board and ashore to complement your shore excursions. Or participate in hands-on demonstrations, cooking classes or local tastings and watch traditional performances by local singers and dancers. Presentations provide a context for your own observations, enhancing your travel experience.
There's no pool, whirlpool, spa, casino or fitness center, but there's an elevator and you'll get plenty of exercise walking during the shore excursions.
Features & amenities
- Sun deck with 360-degree views and shaded sitting area; organic herb garden and solar panels; putting green, and walking track
- Observation Lounge and bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Elevator from Middle to Upper Deck only; no elevator access for categories F and E
- Free shipwide wireless Internet service
- Library corner and onboard boutique
- Laundry service
- Ecologically friendly hybrid engines producing less vibrations for a smoother ride
- 40-inch flat-panel Sony TV with infotainment system featuring movies on demand plus CNBC, CNN, National Geographic and more
Viking Hild has two restaurants on board: The Restaurant is the main dining venue, featuring floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views, and the Aquavit Terrace offers an innovative indoor/outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship. Both serve regional specialties and American classics.
Viking Hild offers 95 cabins that are spaced out on three passenger decks and reflect Viking's trademark Scandinavian style: muted tones, pale woods, functional furnishings.
- 95 comfy outside staterooms (2 Explorer Suites with wraparound verandas providing 270-degree views, 7 Veranda Suites, 39 Veranda Staterooms, French Balcony Staterooms and 25 Standard Staterooms)
- All suites feature two rooms with a veranda off the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom.
Do you plan to sail on Viking Hild? What's the attraction?
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Interested in a cruise on this ship? Contact a Cruiseable travel advocate at 1-877-322-3773, or by email, to get additional information and to find the best rates and value for your vacation dollar.