On a cruise ship
Tauck's Joy: Sail the Danube on a luxury river ship
Cruising exclusively along the riverscapes of the Danube, ms Joy is part of the Inspiration class of riverboats from Tauck River Cruises.
Carrying a maximum of 134 guests, Joy continues the cruise line's tradition of providing the most space per guest on Europe’s inland waterways, transporting the fewest passengers of any longship (443 feet in length).
Joy features 22 300-square-foot suites, the most suites of that size on a European riverboat. Each comes with two French balconies with floor-to-ceiling windows, roomy walk-in closet, and spacious marble bathroom. There are also 32 225-square-foot cabins, plus an additional 13 cabins that range from 150 to 190 square feet.
In addition, guests have access to a second dining venue, Arthur's, named after company chairman Arthur Tauck, Jr.
Where Tauck's ms Joy sails
- Open seating in dining room; flexible dining times; vegetarian meals always available
- Alternate dining venue for classic favorites at lunch and dinner and lighter breakfasts in the morning
- Al fresco dining on Sun Deck, weather permitting
- American breakfast room service available in Category 7 suites
- Complimentary snacks served 10:00 AM – midnight
- Unlimited complimentary beverages aboard ship include regional wine, beer and premium spirits in addition to specialty coffee, water and soft drinks
- Onboard entertainment includes enrichment lectures, piano music nightly, in-room movies, culinary demos, local entertainment and “themed” fun
- 110-volt and 220-volt outlets included in every cabin for small electronics; minibar stocked with complimentary water and soft drinks
- Complimentary Internet
- Fitness center; massages available; putting green on Sun Deck; jacuzzi on Sun Deck – available 24 hours
- Bicycles available aboard for use ashore
- Hair salon
- Laundry service available
In-room amenities include:
- 400-thread-count satin bed linens
- Puffy white duvets and pillows with a hypoallergenic 90% down filling
- 100% cotton temperature balancing blankets
- Thick pillow-top mattresses
- The Essentials Line of Molton Brown bath products
- Terry cloth robes and fluffy towels
- Hair dryers
How about you? Are you planning to sail on ms Joy? What's the attraction?
Help improve this article! See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Top highlights on this ship
- Twenty two 300-sq. ft. suites and 8 loft cabins with an additional view
- Complimentary Internet