Symphony of the Seas
On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Symphony of the Seas: Coming in April 2018
When she launches in April 2018, Symphony of the Seas will be the world's largest cruise ship. The ship will carry 5,494 passengers at double occupancy (or up to 6,780 guests at full capacity), measure 230,000 gross registered tons and become the 25th ship in the Royal Caribbean fleet.
Symphony of the Seas will offer passengers seven distinct neighborhoods, including the tree-lined Central Park and the luxury shop-filled Royal Promenade. Like its sister ship Harmony of the Seas, Symphony will also feature a 10-story Ultimate Abyss water-free slide, a trio of fun waterslides and the Splashaway Bay kids waterpark. In addition, a second pool will be added to the Solarium on deck 15, meaning even more space for adults to relax.
Where Symphony of the Seas will sail
Symphony will debut in Europe on April 21, 2018 with a 7-Night Western Mediterranean Cruise out of Barcelona and go on to visit other Mediterranean destinations such as Provence, France, and Florence, Rome and Naples, Italy. She will head to Miami in early November 2018 to begin seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries.
Here's a fun 30-second preview of Symphony of the Seas.
Action & adventure
Fans of Royal Caribbean's Oasis call ships can expect to see some familiar and upgraded features, including:
- The Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide at sea
- Classic carnival games at the new Boardwalk Arcade
- Two FlowRider surf simulators
- Two rock-climbing walls, each 43 feet high
- Zipline, nine decks in the air and 82 feet across
- Full-size basketball court
- Ice-skating rink
- Three multistory waterslides
Rest & relaxation
Passengers can expect the following features and amenities:
- Full-service Vitality at Sea Spa with thermal suite and an extensive treatment menu
- State-of-the-art Fitness Center, with classes like yoga and tai chi
- Central Park outdoor garden with galleries, restaurants and shopping
- 5 pools including the Solarium, an adults-only retreat
- 10 whirlpools, two of them cantilevered whirlpools overlooking the ocean
- Concierge Club and Diamond Lounge
Entertainment and special venues include:
- Bionic Bar on the Royal Promenade, featuring robot bartenders serving up one-of-a-kind crafted cocktails while dancing to a fluid beat
- Beautiful hand-carved carousel on the Boardwalk
- Complimentary AquaTheater shows, ice shows and other live entertainment
- A VIP Room at Casino Royale
- Bars, lounges, and nightclubs that never have a cover, including live jazz club, karaoke bar, and comedy club
- Parties and parades on the Royal Promenade
- Variety of name-brand, duty-free shopping in Central Park® and the Royal Promenade including art gallery, teen and kids' shops, plus jewelry, perfumes, and apparel
- More bandwidth and VOOM, the fastest Internet at sea available throughout the ship
- You'll find 20 dining venues with a choice of early and late seating dining
- Quality, hand-cut steaks at Chops Grille
- Japanese grill specialties and a new teppanyaki menu at Izumi Hibachi & Sushi
Family-friendly activities include games, contests, enrichment classes and lectures. Venues include:
- Complimentary Adventure Ocean Youth Program
- Royal Babies & Tots Nursery
- Royal Babies and Royal Tots program
- Teen lounge areas and disco
- Splashaway Bay kids' water park
- 3D movie theater
It's likely that passengers will have a large number of choices, from solo cabins to expansive suites, as well as rooms adjoining the Boardwalk, Promenade and Central Park. Most, if not all, inside cabins will feature virtual balconies.
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Symphony’s inaugural year of European and Caribbean itineraries are now are available to book! (In fact, some categories on the first sailings are already sold out.)