Seven Seas Voyager
Newcastle Upon Tyne, England.
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Seven Seas Voyager: All-inclusive luxury sailings
Seven Seas Voyager from Regent Seven Seas offers guests a personalized, all-suite luxury cruise experience on jaunts to well-trafficked ports like Venice and Barcelona as well as more intrepid voyages to Cape Town, Dubai, Toyko, Singapore and Reykjavik. Although small in size, her amenities are plentiful. With four main dining venues plus the CanyonRanch Spa Club, the large Constellation Theater and a perfectly laid-out Lido Deck, she is certainly a wise choice if luxury travel is what you seek.
Seven Seas Voyager carries just 700 guests and is staffed by an international crew of 447. This gives her a guest-to-crew ratio of 3:2, so you can rest assured that the level of service will be exceedingly indulgent throughout your cruise.
Regent Seven Seas cruises are truly all-inclusive: Your fare includes shore excursions, unlimited wines, soft drinks and premium spirits, wireless Internet, gourmet specialty restaurants, prepaid gratuities, flights and transfers. Round-trip air fare is included from major airports. Guests opting for a higher grade of suite will also enjoy a one-night luxury pre-cruise hotel stay. The only things you pay extra for are spa and beauty treatments, personal purchases from the onboard boutiques and exquisite bottles of fine champagne, such as Cristal.
Who will like sailing on Seven Seas Voyager
Seven Seas Voyager is a good choice if you're looking for an all-inclusive, exclusive experience. Gourmet cuisine — possibly the best cruise dining at sea — is featured in each restaurant, and the all-suite accommodations feature enough space to make the ship feel like home. From gaming to live theatrical performances, the ship offers a variety of activities to meet the needs of every guest.
I would especially recommend Seven Seas Voyager to couples seeking five-star luxury and those who want to do as much as possible ashore without worrying about additional costs for tours. Some of the longer Regent sailings can offer as many as 44 included shore excursions, so if destination immersion is your thing, then you need look no further — all of the ships within the Regent fleet would be suitable for you.
Where Seven Seas Voyager sails
Seven Seas Voyager sails a wide range of itineraries. She spends a lot of the year in Northern Europe and the Mediterranean before heading to Asia in the winter season. Itineraries range from seven nights to two months and most feature expert guest speakers.
Here's a video from Regent Seven Seas about the features and amenities aboard Seven Seas Voyager.
Lots of features in an intimate package
I was lucky enough to visit her recently during one of her port calls in the United Kingdom, and I was very impressed with her. The majority of her passengers were ashore on their complimentary excursions, so it really gave us a chance to explore the ship. She felt much larger than she looks, and I was especially impressed with her Lido Deck and Constellation Theater. Her casino was quite large given her size — I have been on ships about the same size as Voyager and their casino space was half the size.
Top dining choices
All of the dining options aboard Seven Seas Voyager are included in your all-inclusive fare — you don’t have to worry about paying extra in any of the restaurants. However, we do recommend that you make reservations for Prime7 and Signatures as both are always very popular with guests.
The spacious Compass Rose serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. It features a variety of European-inspired Continental cuisine as well as flavorful vegetarian and kosher dishes and nutritious Canyon Ranch SpaClub specialties. Elegantly decorated in warm golden and maroon hues, Compass Rose delights with a beautifully refined atmosphere blessed with natural light during the day.
During my visit I enjoyed a taster menu in the Compass Rose restaurant, and the food was superb. To start we were served lobster medallions with spiced melon, followed by coconut butternut squash soup, pan-fried Chilean Sea Bass and black Angus beef tenderloin. For dessert we somehow found room for a chocolate cheesecake followed by a selection of sugar-free petit fours.
Serving breakfast and lunch, La Veranda is exceedingly popular any time of the day. Spacious and comfortably casual, La Veranda offers regional specialties that often reflect the cuisines of the countries called on, such as grilled lamb chops with Spanish sherry sauce or pan-sauteed Mediterranean sea bass. Dishes are presented in a buffet style that displays the diversity of the menu. La Veranda also features an authentic pizzeria and a shaded, open-air veranda for dining al fresco.
Setti Mari at La Veranda
Each evening, La Veranda transforms into Sette Mari at La Veranda, a casual, intimate dining experience. Enjoy an extensive menu of authentic antipasti and Italian specialties served à la carte and paired with fine Italian wines. Sette Mari at La Veranda is open for dinner only.
Capturing the diversity of French fare, Signatures offers an exquisite dining experience with tantalizing tastes and enticing presentation. Classics such as quiche au camembert and foie gras terrine with plum marmalade tease the palate. It is open for dinner only, and reservations are required.
A true classic in every sense, Prime 7 sets a new standard in steakhouse fare with its contemporary interpretation of an American favorite. Handsomely decorated with supple leather wing-back chairs, burnished woods and rich earth-toned fabrics, Prime 7 exudes a distinct, intimate elegance. All the traditional starters are here, including jumbo lump crab cakes, Oysters Rockefeller and French onion soup. The beef served is all USDA Prime and dry-aged at least 28 days to ensure the ultimate tenderness, juiciness and flavor. Prime 7 is open for dinner only and reservations are required.
The ultimate come-as-you-are dining venue, the Pool Grill couldn't be more casual. Walk over straight from sunbathing or swimming in the pool. Drop by before or after a shore excursion. Enjoy a snack between activities. The Pool Grill is open air yet abundantly shaded for comfortable dining. Enjoy grilled-to-order burgers, grilled seafood, sandwiches and fresh salads. Treat yourself to milkshakes, malts and hand-dipped ice cream desserts sprinkled with all your favorite toppings.
The Pool Grill offered ample seating space al fresco, some of the tables and chairs were slightly covered by the decks awning and others were right out on the open deck.
- Casino: In a gaming mood? Head to the plush casino on deck 4 for a few hands of blackjack. It's open every day at sea when not restricted by territorial border limits. Blackjack, roulette, stud poker, mini-craps and slot machines are all on tap.
- Connoisseur Club: Located on deck 4 forward, the Connoisseur Club is where you can order a rare vintage Cognac or port and find a fabulous Cuban cigar (me? nope). This elegant hideaway provides comfortable leather armchairs and a club-like atmosphere. Smoking is permitted in the Connoisseur Club.
- Constellation Theater: Nicely tiered for unobstructed viewing and furnished with plush seating, the main show lounge is an intimate venue without a bad seat in the house. The phenomenal variety of entertainment here includes full-scale musical reviews, cabaret shows and Cirque-style productions backed by the nine-piece Regent Signature Orchestra.
- Card & Conference Rooms: Two complete card and conference rooms can be used for everything from bridge lectures and tournaments to corporate meetings to special events. The spaces may be combined by removing the dividing door.
- Library: Well-stocked and exceedingly comfortable, the Library offers an ideal setting for reading and relaxing. Curl up with a classic novel, play a strategic game of chess or borrow a DVD to watch in the privacy of your suite.
- Pool Deck: Lounge the day away with a good book and a cold drink on the pool deck. The teak pool deck is one of the most expansive at sea, including a large heated pool, two whirlpools and table tennis.
Bars & lounges
- Horizon Lounge: Located on deck 5 aft, the Horizon Lounge is the ideal place for cocktails or to simply relax and unwind with an after-dinner drink. Resident musicians will entertain daily during teatime as well as before and after dinner. Game shows and other entertainment may be scheduled at the discretion of the cruise director.
- Voyager Lounge: Located on deck 4, the Voyager Lounge and nightclub is a good place to meet friends and fellow travelers for a pre-dinner cocktail. After dinner, the room turns into a nightclub and is the place for night owls wanting to dance into the night or maybe sing along in a karaoke competition. Musicians perform nightly. During the late hours on selected nights, a DJ plays a variety of popular tunes for listening or dancing. It is set just off the atrium.
- Observation Lounge: Located on deck 11 forward, the Observation Lounge is a quiet place to read and relax while watching the spectacular views that Voyager offers upon entering or leaving ports of call. Musicians entertain daily, making it a good spot for pre-dinner cocktails or a nightcap.
Seven Seas Voyager, along with all of the ships in the Regent Seven Seas Cruises fleet, offers all-suite accommodations – there are no inside or window only-options – and the choices range from the Deluxe Verandah Suite to the Penthouse Suite and all the way to the top with the Master Suite. Luxury bath products such as L’Occitane and Hermes are provided and all suites offer 24-hour room service with dinner served course by course.
Most of the RSSC fleet sails at maximum capacity -- that’s how good the Regent experience is -- but there was one suite during my visit which was unoccupied, so I managed to have a quick look. It was a category G Deluxe Suite and offered walk-in wardrobe, mid-size bathroom with separate shower and bath, Queen-size bed, sitting area, vanity area with flat-screen TV with a balcony. The bathroom was all marble and very impressive.
Spa & fitness
Canyon Ranch SpaClub
Canyon Ranch SpaClub offers an unrivaled approach to health and beauty, with spa services customized for your needs. Enjoy an array of treatments including signature massages and therapeutic bodywork, aromatherapy, ayurvedic (a holistic whole-body healing system) and seaweed treatments as well as facials. While you're here, explore the selection of beauty treatments, including hair care, manicures, pedicures and more available in the salon.
Canyon Ranch fitness experts lead popular exercise classes, such as Pilates, yoga and aerobics and are on hand to offer advice and demonstrate the use of fitness equipment. One-on-one training can be arranged with a fitness instructor. Equipment includes Lifecycles, free weights, striders, StairMasters, treadmills, weight benches, a Nautilus machine, workout mats and step benches. Guests under 16 are not permitted in the fitness center unless accompanied by an adult.
In addition to planned activities in the fitness center, take advantage of other sports-related activities throughout the ship. Deck 12 provides golf cages, shuffleboard, paddle tennis and a full-circle jogging track. Seven laps around the Seven Seas Voyager track is equal to one mile.
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Interested in a cruise on this ship? Contact a Cruiseable travel advocate at 1-877-322-3773, or by email, to get additional information and to find the best rates and value for your vacation dollar.
How about you? Have you sailed on Seven Seas Voyager? We'd love to hear about your experience or see your photos!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Top highlights on this ship
- Cigars at the Connoisseur Club
- Live entertainment in the Constellation Theater
- Beautiful views and cocktails at Observation Lounge
- Relaxing spa treatments at Canyon Ranch SpaClub
- All-Suite Accommodations
- Included Shore Excursions