On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Star Princess: Where relaxation shines on the sea
The Star Princess is truly a shining star of the Princess Cruises fleet. An earlier ship of the same name is now operating as Pacific Pearl, but this ship differs slightly in upper deck layout from her predecessors, having an extra plunge pool at the stern (Deck 15). The Star Princess does of course offer everything passengers have come to expect with Princess ships, including the relaxing Sanctuary, the Piazza-style atrium and Movies Under the Stars.
Who will like sailing the Star Princess
Cruise passengers wanting a wide choice of shipboard activities, but still that touch of personalized service, will enjoy sailing on Star Princess. The ship's programs for children and teens also make this a family-friendly cruise.
Where Star Princess sails
The Star Princess cruises to and around Mexico, Hawaii, the Pacific Coast, Alaska and South America. Itineraries range in length from four to 15 days.
Whether you feel like a multicourse meal in a formal dining room or a hand-tossed pizza by the pool, Princess obliges your every mood. From elegant specialty restaurants to themed buffets on deck, the variety of venues and dining options is certain to satisfy you no matter the time of day.
Princess offers you the choice of Traditional Dining with fixed times and seating, or Anytime Dining with the flexibility to dine when and with whom you choose. Traditional dining is the classic cruise experience, allowing you to dine at set times with the same table mates and wait staff each evening.
Anytime Dining means you can dine with whom you want, when you choose. Eat early with new friends one night, and enjoy a later evening dinner for just the two of you the next.
Both options offer menus featuring creatively prepared appetizers, entrees and desserts that change each day of your voyage, as well as several healthy Lotus Spa selections.
- Sabatini's: With a menu specializing in Italian cuisine and premium seafood, Sabatini's offers a refined yet casual atmosphere that is sure to leave you feeling like you just stepped into an Italian ristorante.
- Crown Grill: Featuring premium aged beef and fresh seafood items, the Crown Grill offers a truly special dining experience with an open, theater-style kitchen where chefs custom-prepare fresh seafood, such as lobster, scallops, clams and mussels, and cooked-to-order steaks. (A modest cover charge will apply.)
- International Cafe: Dine casually with freshly grilled burgers, hand-tossed pizza and grilled paninis.
- Vines: This wine bar offers complimentary sushi and tapas with drink purchases.
- Horizon Court: Floor-to-ceiling windows with stunning sea views is a backdrop for your quick breakfast or casual dinner.
- Pub Lunch: Step into the Wheelhouse Bar onboard for a taste of British tradition. You'll find a menu of favorites advertised on chalkboards and displayed on counters for an authentic pub feel, including fish and chips or a hearty Ploughman's lunch.
- Afternoon Tea: Indulge in afternoon tea with finger sandwiches, pastries, scones, cookies, music and white-glove service.
- Room Service: The complimentary room-service menu includes sandwiches, salads, a selection of hot dishes and delicacies from the pastry shop; plus, coffee, iced tea and milk are available 24 hours a day.
- Balcony Dining: Dine al fresco style, with a multicourse dinner, served on your balcony by a dedicated waitstaff. Or if you prefer, a refreshing breakfast option is available.
- Production Shows: Princess Signature Shows are featured on every cruise, entertaining passengers with lively music, stunning choreography and some of the largest casts at sea.
- Dancing, Karaoke & Comedy: Move to the rhythm of the disco beat or take a spin in the ballroom. And, for some belly laughs, catch a stand-up comedy act or belt out a song in the karaoke lounge.
- Casino: Games of chance worthy of Las Vegas beckon including blackjack, roulette, craps and slot machines.
- Movies Under the Stars: A Princess original allows you to enjoy feature films, concerts, sporting events and other entertainment on a giant screen poolside.
- Library: Every Princess Cruise ship is stocked with an extensive library, including contemporary titles in a wide range of categories and books related to specific cruise itineraries. Princess onboard libraries have collections of up to 2,000 books. The Princess Cruises Book Club offers an opportunity for fascinating literary discussions among passengers.
Bars & lounges
Evening cocktails in one of the ship's cozy lounges or swanky bars is a perfect place to meet up with shipboard friends.
Spa & fitness
The Lotus Spa and Fitness Center features spa treatments, beauty salon services and the latest in equipment, as well as personal trainers and a variety of different classes throughout the day.
Princess offers everything you could need for a relaxed, rejuvenating retreat with innovative experiences all designed to help you escape completely.
- The Piazza: Inspired by the bustling city squares found throughout Europe, The Piazza features the International Cafe, Vines Wine Bar variety of live entertainment and several glass-walled lifts that provide panoramic overviews of the ship.
- The Sanctuary: Solitude seekers will be able to escape completely to this plush, outdoor spa-inspired setting with signature beverages, light meals, massages, attentive service and relaxing personal entertainment.
- [email protected]: From enrichment lectures to cooking demonstrations, digital photography workshops to wine tasting, [email protected] programs are designed to make learning fun.
- Poolside Activities: Swim, sun and enjoy yourself in one of many pools. Relax effortlessly underneath a retractable glass dome, on a terrace above the rolling wake, or work up a sweat and make some of your own waves in a swim-against-the-current pool.
- Princess Cruises Ultimate Ship Tour: Get an exclusive glimpse at the behind-the-scenes action onboard a Princess ship.
Staterooms are put into different categories based on size and amenities as well as the location on the cruise ship. All staterooms have bath with shower, terry cloth bathrobes, hairdryers, phone, refrigerator, satellite TV, multichannel music system, private safes and twin beds that convert to queen size.
With Princess, young kids and teens have their own kind of fun — and their own place to hang out. The youth and teen centers are fully equipped with everything from the latest video games and movies, to arts and crafts, fooseball tables, board games and jukeboxes. And for the littlest ones, activities like kids' karaoke, pizza parties, pajama nights and more.
This ship's activities run the age-appropriate gamut for those under 18 — from Princess Pelicans (ages three to seven), and Shockwaves (ages eight to 12), to Remix (ages 13 to 17).
Have you sailed the Star Princess ? Please share a story, tip or discovery. What was the highlight? We would love to hear about your experience — please share!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Staterooms with private balconies
- Seemingly limitless dining options to suit every mood
- Gorgeous multilevel atrium