On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Discover hidden gems on Norwegian Jewel
Sailing since 2005, the namesake of Norwegian Cruise Line's "Jewel Class" cruise ships, she is a gem of a vessel. As well as offering some of the largest suites at sea, there are staterooms to accommodate every style. When it comes to entertainment, this ship's filled with excitement: 16 dining options, 13 bars and nightclubs and that's just the beginning. So, feel like royalty onboard while you're voyaging to Australia, the Pacific islands or Southeast Asia aboard Jewel.
Who will like sailing on Norwegian Jewel?
During winter and spring, Jewel attracts an international crowd, with a mix of Aussies, New Zealanders and Europeans. On Alaska trips you'll also find passengers from Australia, Europe and Asia joining Americans and Canadians. The ship appeals to a wide range of age groups, especially during summer and winter/spring breaks when students are out of school.
Where Norwegian Jewel sails
Destinations: Norwegian Jewel offers seven- to 19-day itineraries in winter and spring while cruising Australia, the South Pacific and Southeast Asia out of Sydney, Hong Kong and Singapore. During the summer, Jewel sails to Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway, Alaska, and Victoria, British Columbia.
Dining, bars & lounges
- Azura Main Dining Room: In the style of a modern boutique hotel, the lines are clean with combinations of blues and purples with a shot of orange for good measure. The daily menu includes a selection of light, healthy choices.
- Blue Lagoon: In honor of the midnight snack, the Blue Lagoon is open round the clock. Whether you're hankering for a burger or a fast-wok dish, you can enjoy a light bite in a family friendly atmosphere, day or night.
- Cagney's Steakhouse: Like Cagney himself, the upscale, traditional steak house is right out of the 1930's with all the trimmings. Succulent steaks, filet mignon, prime rib, lamb, fresh seafood and grilled chicken.
- Chin Chin Asian Restaurant: This elegant adventure into Pan Asian fare is a world-class experience in the finest authentic Japanese, Thai and Chinese cuisine.
- Garden Cafe/Kid's Cafe: The Garden Cafe/Kid's Cafe offers a family-friendly menu of omelets, pasta, soups, salads and ethnic specialties. There's even a special kid-sized section for pint-size appetites.
- The Great Outdoors: Outdoor buffet featuring prepared-to-cook omelets, waffles, fruit, soups, ethnic specialties and pasta.
- Le Bistro French Restaurant: Le Bistro is an ode to all things French. From the art nouveau decor and artwork to the menu which is filled with modern classical and contemporary French gourmet fare.
- Mama's Italian Kitchen: Traditional, tasty and molto italiano. Enjoy pasta with a choice of savory sauces in a casual atmosphere. There are also crispy, fresh salads, pizza, authentic Italian desserts, a fine wine list and espresso drinks to top off the meal.
- Moderno Churrascaria: As the succulent skewers of barbequed meats are carved tableside, you control how much you want with the Moderno Green and Red Chip. Green for go and the carving continues or red to stop. Also, enjoy a wide selection of perfectly prepared salads, sliced meats and traditional accompanying dishes from the salad bar.
- 24/7 Pizza: The ocean's very first Pizza Delivery Service is offered 24 hours a day aboard Norwegian Jewel. The Pizza Team is happy to deliver a piping hot, homemade pie with your favorite toppings directly to your table, your stateroom, or your favorite bar or lounge. Just ask your server or call room service to place your order. "Fresh and Freestyle, that's Pizza 24/7."
- Room Service: If you can't come to the restaurant, the restaurant comes to you. A menu of items, which can be prepared and brought to your stateroom. Room Service is available 24-hours a day (There will be a delivery charge from Midnight - 5 am).
- Sky High Bar & Grill: Enjoy your grilled favorites like hot dogs, hamburgers and bratwurst at the casual Sky High Bar.
- Sushi and Sake Bar: Chin Chin Asian Restaurant also has a Sushi and Sake Bar where you can enjoy the very best sushi and sake expertly prepared as you watch.
- Teppanyaki Room: Within Chin Chin Asian Restaurant is the Teppanyaki Room - a truly authentic Asian dining experience. Sit at a large table of 10 where the process of preparing your food right before your eyes is both entertaining and impressive.
- Tsar's Palace Main Dining Room: The interior is an inspiration of the grand palaces of St. Petersburg and the era of the great Tsars of Russia. A five-course, award-winning menu is the inspiration of master chefs.
- FYZZ Cabaret Lounge & Bar: This modern lounge has bubble lighting, fun colors and ultraviolet artwork. It also has three private Karaoke rooms that can accommodate small groups.
- Java Cafe: For that double, vanilla, extra hot latte with extra foam, the Java Cafe is at your service with a wide variety of specialty coffees, teas, pastries and cookies.
- Magnum's Champagne & Wine Bar: Some moments just call for champagne, and this is the place to enjoy it. Magnum's features a French Art Deco motif combined with elements that reflect the grand old cruise liner Normandie.
- Maltings Beer & Whiskey Bar: Inspired by the lobby bar from the Mandarin Oriental in London, this contemporary full bar has low lounges and tables with the perfect hint of mood lighting.
- Moderno Bar: Sit back and enjoy your favorite drink at the Moderno Bar.
- Sake Bar: Full sake bar within Chin Chin Asian Restaurant.
- Shakers Martini & Cocktail Bar: How do you like your martini? Shaken, not stirred? Of course you do. James Bond silhouettes reflect from a screen behind the bar in this Art Deco inspired ode to the 1960's and 70's.
- Spinnaker Lounge: Horizontal windows in the floor allow you to look down on the bridge. At night, the atmosphere is charged when the music comes up and the stage becomes a dance floor.
- Star Bar: There was this gangster back in the 30's named Cagney. This is his kind of bar. Take a seat. Order a cocktail. Relax. The days of prohibition are long over.
- Topsiders Bar & Grill: Located poolside at the Sapphire Pool is Topsiders. This full bar is located in close proximity to ample deck space and hot tubs.
- Art Gallery: Stroll through Norwegian Jewel's Art Gallery of original works for sale by a wide range of well-known artists.
- Basketball/Volleyball/ Tennis Court: Shoot hoops, join a pick up game, play volleyball or tennis at the enclosed, outdoor Basketball/Volleyball/Tennis Court.
- Body Waves Fitness Center: There are numerous ways to stay in shape while on board. The Body Waves Fitness Center is open from 6am to 11pm with a full gym and aerobics/fitness classes daily.
- Bora Bora Health Spa & Beauty Salon: If being pampered is your idea of a vacation, the Bora Bora Health Spa & Beauty Salon is for you. This full service beauty salon and spa offers a wide range of rejuvenating treatments.
- Card Room: One room where playing games is not just encouraged, it's expected. Find another couple and play bridge or test your skill with chess, checkers and Scrabble.
- Club Underground: This is a cool place where teens can have fun, too. Designed to look and feel like the New York Subway, there's even graffiti on the walls.
- Whirlpools: There are six whirlpools conveniently located. Try them all out or pick your favorite and make relaxing and unwinding a part of your daily regimen.
- Internet Cafe: No matter how far you are from home, staying in touch is easy at the Internet Cafe.
- Jewel Club Casino: This could be your lucky night! Try your hand at Roulette, Blackjack, Craps and Let It Ride.
- Jogging/Walking Track: Run circles around the other guests or get in your daily walk while you're at sea. Breakfast always tastes better after a good walk or run, right?
- Life Styles Room: Looking for a quiet place to write postcards, play cards or read a book? Drop by the Life Styles Room.
- Meeting Rooms: Norwegian Jewel's meeting room area features three individual rooms, the Java room, the India room, and the Congo room. They can be used together or separately.
- Sapphire Kids Pool: The Sapphire Kids Pool features slides and paddling pool. The Sapphire Pool and whirlpool are also nearby.
- Sapphire Pools: The main pool on Jewel has a seemingly infinite number of sun beds and deck chairs to choose from. Topsiders Bar, the Sapphire Kid's Pool and a covered hot tubs are all on deck, nearby.
- Splashdown Kids Club: Get into the zone of fun because Splashdown Kids Club is just for kids with a wall of windows for viewing, an indoor jungle gym/obstacle course and computer and artist craft area.
- Stardust Theatre: An art nouveau style theatre set against the backdrop of the best of European Art Nouveau. A large art nouveau peacock adorns the main stage curtain and the colors of the peacock adorn the rest of the room.
- The Chapel: This on-board chapel also functions as a meeting room.
- The Galleria Shops: Need a new bathing suit? How about a surprise gift for your sweetheart? The Galleria is a department store that offers a wide selection of brand names and specialty goodies.
- The Library: You'll find a well-stocked selection of things to read with all the elegant trimmings a good library deserves including a stellar view.
- Video Arcade: Stop by the video arcade and capture a few aliens, win a car race and fly a jet fighter.
- Band on The Run: Norwegian Cruise Line presents The Norwegian Production Cast and Show Orchestra in this tribute to the music and dance of the psychedelic 70's. From the soaring melodies of Styx to the disco sounds of Donna Summer to the rock of Queen, you will flashback to the days of platforms and mood rings.
- Cirque Bijou: It's a Cirque-thriller complete with awe-inspiring acrobatics, gymnastics, bungee-jumps, dancing, singing, and bold backdrops. It's mesmerizing!
- Comedy/Magician: How'd they do that? We may never know but it sure is fun to witness things appearing and disappearing right before your eyes. Add a dash of comedy and you've got one magical evening.
- Nickelodeon Character Breakfast: Treat your family to an unforgettable time at Breakfast with Nickelodeon. Some of your favorite characters will be hanging out, singing songs, dancing and enjoying a special breakfast menu made with kids in mind. Plus, the whole family can take a picture with all your new friends. Don't miss out on this amazingly fun time. Note: Breakfast with Nickelodeon will have an additional charge.
- Nickelodeon Slime Time Live: The messiest competition at sea is Nickelodeon's Slime Time Live! Contestants of all ages are picked right from the audience and earn points by completing classic Nickelodeon challenges. Pop-culture trivia rounds give each team the opportunity to steal questions and tie the score or even take the lead. At the end of the game, the winning team gets the ultimate Nickelodeon honor of getting SLIMED. Note: On one night during your cruise, two showings of Slime Time Live! will take place.
- White Hot Party: Ice ice baby. Don your white attire and get to the pool deck for the most invigorating, black light glowing, electrifying party beneath the stars. Dance with white-winged angels and be sure to get a souvenir t-shirt.
Have you sailed the Norwegian Jewel? Please share a story, tip or discovery. What was the highlight? We would love to hear about your experience — please share!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Start crooning, scatting and belting out those favorite tunes in three private karaoke rooms in the FYZZ Carbaret Lounge & Bar.
- Whatever your passion or poison enjoy a full sake bar, a whiskey bar or champagne bar and toast to good times!
- Love 007? You will adore the Shaker's Martini & Cocktail Bar featuring Art Deco design and and a James Bond motif.
- You must check out Club Underground with a NYC subway theme with full 1980's style graffiti... it's for teens but you may enjoy the scene!
- 24/7 made to order hot delivered pizza!