Another Regent Seven Seas Cruises ship is about to experience a luxurious transformation with Seven Seas Voyager scheduled to undergo renovations later this month as part of the luxury line’s $125 million fleet-wide refurbishment program. Following the refurbishment effort, Seven Seas Voyager will feature the same elegant style and indisputable attention to detail famously featured on Seven Seas Explorer, providing guests with a consistent look-and-feel, no matter which Regent Seven Seas Cruises ship they choose to sail.
Seven Seas Voyager joins Seven Seas Navigator as the second ship to receive this stylish new update to the public spaces and suites onboard, with Seven Seas Mariner scheduled to receive a similar makeover in April 2017. Seven Seas Voyager will emerge from this refurbishment with a sophisticated new look reflective of the pinnacle of luxury.
The first post-refurbishment cruise will be a 23-night Barcelona to Dubai voyage departing on Nov. 9, 2016, which is also the line’s annual Reunion Cruise hosted by President and Chief Executive Officer for Regent Seven Seas Cruises, Jason Montague.
“This fleet-wide renovation brings a new level of elegance to the Regent Seven Seas Cruises fleet, strengthening our position as the undisputed leader in luxury cruising,” said Montague. “Our continued fleet investment ensures our ships look better today than the day they were delivered from the shipyard. We are making certain that we not only have the most luxurious ship ever built with Seven Seas Explorer, but the most luxurious fleet at sea.”
While the shipboard enhancements extend from bow-to-stern, some of the more notable renovations include:
- Penthouse, Concierge and Deluxe Suites: The largest collection of suites onboard the ship will receive a luxurious new look. The contemporary design accentuates the spaciousness of the suites and the suites include large oversized marble accented bathrooms. A plush padded leather headboard supports the ultra-comfortable Elite Slumber Bed in the bedroom and the sitting area features a stylish sofa with accent table and new artwork.
- Compass Rose: The ship’s flagship restaurant will be grander and more resplendent than ever before. Throughout the spacious, 422-seat dining room are subtle geometric patterns underscored with rich wooden accents and antique bronze highlights. Plush cobalt blue drapes accent oversized windows that run along both sides of the restaurant to provide incredible ocean vistas for diners. Grand crystal chandeliers are enhanced by recessed ceiling lights, providing a dramatic dining experience for guests seated at intimate tables ringed by sleek leather chairs adorned with swirls of celestial blue fabric.
- Chartreuse: Already a guest favorite on Seven Seas Explorer, Chartreuse will make its debut on Seven Seas Voyager as part of the ship’s refurbishment. The restaurant will feature new furnishings, china, flooring and décor elements inspired by the Chartreuse on Seven Seas Explorer. The menu will be identical with specialties such as roasted rack of lamb with rosemary persillade and chickpea fritters, and poached lobster and scallop ballotine, green asparagus and Fava beans.
- La Veranda: Effortlessly chic, La Veranda will feature a fresh and airy design with light grey colored flooring and accent walls that accentuate the natural light coming from floor-to-ceiling windows that encircle the restaurant. In a major structural change, the buffet area will be more open — allowing guests easy access from both sides of the restaurant. A major highlight is a new cook-to-order grill station at the buffet. Guests can enjoy casual indoor and al fresco dining with a delectable buffet for breakfast and lunch. Each evening for dinner service, the restaurant transforms into an elegant fine dining restaurant Sette Mari at La Veranda, with delectable dishes prepared á la minute.
- Pool Grill: The outdoor eating area adjacent to the pool deck will be completely refurbished with stylish, yet casual, seating areas that flank both sides of the ship. For the food preparation, a new infrared barbeque grill is planned, so the chefs can prepare savory barbeque specialties such as steaks, chops, lamb and salmon on the open deck.
- Voyager Lounge: Located on Deck 4, the Voyager Lounge is the perfect venue to meet friends and fellow travelers for a pre-dinner cocktail. Inspired by a modern interpretation of a French cabaret the new décor is timelessly elegant, with large champagne-colored chandeliers cascading down over crimson colored loveseats along a wall of oversized windows. A black-and-white marble topped bar surrounded by plush red leather bar stools anchors one end of the lounge while intimate grey seating alcoves facing the stage spread across the other. Live musicians will entertain nightly and during late hours a DJ will play a variety of tunes for guests’ listening or dancing pleasure.
- Reception Area: Guests’ first exposure to the renovations will take place in the completely redesigned reception area, where contemporary and classical design elements seamlessly meet. The reception desk is surrounded with rich wood finishes, plush carpeting and intimate seating areas.
In addition to the aforementioned enhancements, the refurbishment of Seven Seas Voyager will also touch Coffee Connection, Connoisseur Lounge, Card Room, boutiques, casino and the Canyon Ranch SpaClub.
— from Cruiseable news services
Want to cruise on this ship?
For more information about Seven seas Voyager, see Cruiseable's ship review. Interested in a sailing? Contact a Cruiseable travel advocate and our Business Department will make sure you get the lowest price, the best value and all the perks. Call us at 1-877-322-3773 to speak to an expert travel professional, or send us a query.