After looking at mainstream cruise line loyalty programs, it’s time for a breakdown of the loyalty programs of other ocean-going cruise lines: luxury, premium and expedition (or adventure) cruise lines.
With upmarket cruise lines, return passengers often receive cruise fare savings that can run into the hundreds or even thousands of dollars. So once you find the right fit, it can pay to remain true to your favorite brand.
Here is a rundown of the current loyalty programs for:
- Luxury cruise lines: Crystal, Regent Seven Seas, Seabourn, Silversea
- Premium cruise lines: Azamara, Cunard, Oceania, Paul Gauguin, SeaDream, Viking Ocean Cruises, Windstar
- Expedition cruise lines: Hurtigruten, Lindblad Expeditions, UnCruise Adventures
In our Loyalty Program series
This is Part 2 of our series on cruise lines' loyalty programs. Also see:
- Part 1: Mainstream cruise lines‘ loyalty programs
- Part 2: Luxury, premium & expedition cruise lines (this article)
- Part 3: River cruise lines‘ loyalty programs
Luxury cruise lines‘ loyalty programs
Crystal Cruises: Crystal Society
You automatically become a member of the Crystal Cruises Crystal Society when you complete your first full-revenue Crystal cruise of seven days or longer. Once you get home from your cruise, expect to see a membership package that includes your Crystal Society membership card and number. Some of the benefits to look forward to include:
- Special offers on Crystal Society Savings on every voyage in every category
- As You Wish shipboard credits that can be used for almost everything available on the ships
- Hosted cocktail party on every voyage
- First free cruise can be redeemed at Milestone 25, the fastest free-cruise reward of all luxury lines
- Penthouse upgrades for various milestones
- Special Recognition dinners and celebrations at various milestones
Regent Seven Seas: Seven Seas Society
Upon completing your first voyage, you are automatically entered into the Regent Seven Seas Cruises Seven Seas Society. Membership tiers are based on how many nights you sail.
Benefits include priority online shore excursion and dining reservations, free garment pressing and Wi-Fi, and a $100 shipboard credit per guest ($200 maximum per booking) when a new guest that you refer sails with you on their first Regent voyage with Regent. Members also receive access to a cocktail reception on board, priority disembarkation in select ports (gold tier and up), 10% discount on Regent Choice Shore Excursions, Hotel and Land Programs (platinum tier and up) and free private transfers from your home to the ship and back (titanium tier).
Seabourn Cruise Line: Seabourn Club
Seabourn Club benefits have always been among the most valuable in the cruise industry, and Seabourn recently introduced additional rewards for Club members. Members receive Milestone Awards based on how many days you've sailed with Seabourn as well as Club Points earned through sailing days, suite bookings and Seabourn Journey reservations.
There are six Club levels or tiers. Benefits include special events and receptions on board and 5% savings on cruise fares (all levels), 10% savings on shore excursions, one massage, 2 hours of Internet (Silver level), and a complimentary seven-night Caribbean cruise after sailing 140 days.
Silversea Cruises: Venetian Society
When you complete your first Silversea voyage, you become part of the the Silversea Cruises Venetian Society. Rewards are based on number of sailing days. Membership perks include onboard recognition and private parties, up to 5% additional savings on select voyages and ship visitation privileges. When bringing aboard first-time Silversea guests, you'll receive a $250 shipboard credit on select voyages and a reward of double cruise days.
When you sail 100 days or more, your loyalty is rewarded as follows:
- After 100 days: receive up to 5% additional savings and complimentary laundry service (excludes dry cleaning and press only)
- After 250 days: receive up to 10% additional savings
- After 350 days: receive a complimentary seven-day voyage
- After 500 days: receive a complimentary 14-day voyage
- After the 500-day milestone, receive a complimentary seven-day voyage for each 150 days sailed.
Premium cruise lines' loyalty programs
Azamara Club Cruises: Le Club Voyage
Azamara Club Cruises rewards returning guests with points and five levels of status in its Le Club Voyage program. Points are earned according to the cabin or suite category you select for your sailing.
Benefits include a 10% savings for select cruises,$398 per cabin category upgrades, an invite to special club cruises, ambassador and onboard hostess access, and an onboard Le Club party. Reaching certain member plateaus entitles you to 50% reduced deposits, $200 in shipboard credits, free Internet minutes, discounts on spa treatments and onboard shopping, and more.
Azamara is part of the Royal Caribbean Cruises Limited family, so Azamara guests enjoy reciprocal benefits when cruising on Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean ships.
Cunard Line: Cunard World Club
Cunard Line's World Club program offers four different membership levels: Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond. After your first Cunard cruise, you're automatically enrolled. Benefits are based on number of voyages or nights sailed.
Members who reach Gold status (2 cruises or 20 nights) receive a free two hour internet package and an invitation to a Cunard World Club cocktail party. At Platinum (7 cruises or 70 nights), guests get an extra two hours of free Internet time, plus bonus priority check-in at New York and Southampton, a private disembarkation lounge, free wine tasting, a 10% discount off White Star luggage service and access to the senior officers’ party. At the Diamond level (15 cruises or 150 nights), you receive an additional four hour internet package, priority disembarkation and a free meal at an alternative restaurant.
Oceania Cruises: Oceania Club
Oceania Cruises' Oceania Club loyalty program offers members seven levels of benefits and amenities. You earn cruise credits of one to 15 points based on the length of your voyage.
Benefits range from a $200 shipboard credit and 20% saving on Internet (Bronze level and up) to complimentary gratuities (Silver levels and up — you'll note that Oceania is not all-inclusive) to two complimentary Canyon Ranch spa treatments (Gold level and up) to a free cruise (Platinum level and up) to the top Presidents' Circle, with complimentary unlimited Internet and beverage package.
Paul Gauguin Cruises: Paul Gauguin Society
Past cruise passengers on Paul Gauguin Cruises can earn savings of 5 to 15% on select voyages when they reserve their next sailing aboard the Paul Gauguin or Tere Moana as part of the Paul Gauguin Society.
Ponant Cruises: Reward Points
The Reward Points program from Ponant, whose ships can be classified as premium (Le Ponant) or expedition (Le Boreal), offers rewards based on a host of actions that you can take. Points can be redeemed toward cruise fares or for products or services on the ship.
Rewards can currently be earned for the following actions:
- Registering on the site
- Making a purchase
- Subscribing to a newsletter for the first time
- Sending invitations to your friends to join the site
- Submitting a review
We're not sure about the status of this program, which replaced its more traditional Ponant Yacht Club, but we like the idea.
SeaDream Yacht Club: SeaDream Club
Enjoy a wide range of perks as a member of the SeaDream Club, which all new passengers become enrolled in. Benefits include:
- Savings of $500 per stateroom on select voyages and 10-15% off future fares
- 15% savings on one spa treatment as well as on Wine Cellar purchases
- Advance look at new itineraries
- Invitation to a special cocktail party hosted by the captain and chief officers.
Also, bring guests who are new to SeaDream on a voyage with you in a separate stateroom and each stateroom will receive $100 off.
Viking Ocean Cruises: Viking Explorer Society
Whether vacationing by ocean or by river, Viking Cruises guests are automatically enrolled in the Viking Explorer Society program upon taking their first cruise. (Viking now has Viking Star, Viking Sea and Viking Sky with Viking Sun and Viking Spirit on the way.) That means perks are reciprocal between Viking Ocean Cruises and Viking River Cruises.
Benefits include a complimentary cocktail reception and travel credits of $100 to $200. The most robust benefits are saved for Viking’s referral program: You'll get a $100 credit per referred person ($200 per couple) if used within a year of issue, and referred travelers enjoy a $100 per person savings themselves off their first cruise. The referral fees apply up to 12 people, and if a 13th person is referred and booked within a calendar year, you receive a free river cruise up to $3,300 in value.
Windstar Cruises: Windstar Yacht Club
Windstar guests are automatically enrolled in the Windstar Yacht Club program upon completion of their first Windstar cruise. Benefits include:
- 5% savings on most cruise fares
- Additional 5% Welcome Home discount on select cruises when you book within 60 days of disembarkation from a qualifying cruise
- Complimentary one-category standard stateroom or suite upgrade at check-in
- Private onboard member cocktail reception
- Invitation to dine with the captain or ship’s officers
- Exclusive onboard gift
- $100 referral gift for you and each referred friend
Expedition cruise lines' loyalty programs
Hurtigruten: 1893 Ambassador Program
The 1893 Ambassador Program is open to guests who have traveled with Hurtigruten on a voyage lasting more than three consecutive nights. Membership is free, but enrollment is not automatic so you must click here to register. Benefits include:
- 5% savings on your next Hurtigruten Norwegian Coastal Voyage or Explorer Voyage
- 5% discount on selected excursions if booked on board Norwegian coastal voyages
Lindblad Expeditions: Lifelong Explorer Program
If you've taken three National Geographic Expeditions with Lindblad Expeditions, you're eligible to enroll in The Lifelong Explorer Program. From then on, you'll receive savings on the expedition cost on all subsequent National Geographic Expeditions, plus many more benefits. See full details. Benefits include:
- 10% per-person discount on any National Geographic/Lindblad Expeditions small-ship voyage
- 10% per-person discount on any National Geographic Photography Workshop
- 5% per-person discount on all National Geographic Journeys
- $250 per-person savings off all other domestic National Geographic Expeditions and Private Expeditions
- $500 per-person savings off all other international National Geographic Expeditions and Private Expeditions
- $250 per-person savings off all National Geographic Adventures
- Invitations to join special trips not available to the public
- Invitations to special National Geographic events and lectures around the country
UnCruise Adventures: Endless Discoveries
Receive exclusive offers and benefits that include onboard savings and discounts as a member of the UnCruise Adventures Endless Discoveries program. UnCruise offers a host of benefits:
- Future bookings: When you return for another cruise, you save $200 on your second cruise, $350 on your third cruise, $500 on your fourth cruise and $700 on your fifth cruise (all savings are per person).
- Referrals: When you refer a friend who’s new to UnCruise Adventures, both you and your booked friend receive $200 apiece.
How about you? Do you belong to a cruise line's loyalty program? Love the perks? Tell us below.
See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!