On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Scenic Crystal: Luxurious choices on the European river
Scenic Crystal was the sixth ship to join the Scenic Cruises fleet in April 2012 and features outdoor balconies that convert into all-weather "Sun Lounges," newly designed guest rooms with 32-inch, flat screen HDTVs as well as six onboard restaurants.
She also offers spacious Deluxe Balcony Suites, which are located at the front of the ship and offer private balconies and additional space.
Scenic Cruises prides itself on five-star luxury and truly all-inclusive pricing, which means that even the little things, such as port charges, bottled water for excursions, wi-fi and tipping, are all included in your cruise fare.
Where Scenic Crystal sails
The Scenic Crystal cruises the The Rhine, Main and Danube Rivers, with destinations including Vienna and Budapest.
Aboard a Scenic Cruises river cruise, you have a range of dining options to choose from, including the informal all-day River Café, the intimate Portobellos Italian Restaurant, the elegant Crystal Dining Restaurant and the exclusive Table La Rive for Danube Deck, Junior and Royal Suite guests.
You can find the English tradition of high tea on the ship's Riverview Terrace during the day and enjoy cocktails in the evening. While you’re onboard, all cocktails, spirits, beer and wine are complimentary; however, there are a few exceptions, including vintage wines, fine champagnes and spirits. You can also enjoy a mini-bar in your cabin any time, along with a large bottle of still and sparkling mineral water daily.
Service & space
With at least one member of staff for every three guests, as well as a personal butler, Scenic Cruises makes sure that each passenger gets great service.
- Butler Service: This ship's butler service is available to every passenger. You will be welcomed aboard with a refreshing drink before being taken to your cabin. Whatever your cabin grade, your butler offers complimentary drinks and valet service. If you’re staying on the Rhine Deck or above, your butler can arrange cocktail drinks and serve early morning tea or coffee in your cabin. Danube Deck guests and Junior and Royal Suite guests can enjoy all this plus in-suite dining and pre-dinner canapés.
- Space: Scenic Crystal is referred to as one of the line's "space ships," meaning that guests and cabin numbers are limited to ensure that staterooms and public areas aren't crowded. Highlights include the Panorama Lounge, which is larger most lounges found on river cruise ships, and the River Café, which offers great views. There are also outdoor areas including the Sun Deck.
Staterooms & suites
Scenic Cruises ships are some of the widest and longest on Europe’s waterways, with two decks of suites with balconies, all with floor-to-ceiling windows that open to your private outdoor balcony. If the weather isn't ideal, all balconies can be transformed into a "Sun Lounge," making sure you don't miss the scenery.
All rooms come with queen-size Scenic "Slumber Beds" with Egyptian cotton linen, individual climate control and a pillow menu. Your suite or stateroom includes a flat-screen HDTV and Mac mini system, plus complimentary mini-bar and wi-fi internet access. There’s also a personal safe for your valuables and a nightly turndown service.
How about you? Have you sailed on Scenic Crystal? Please share your experience!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- All-inclusive pricing includes wi-fi, bottled water and tipping
- Balconies transform into all-weather "Sun Lounges"
- Six restaurants to choose from
Top dining options on board
“This river ship is just the ticket for a really fine cruise experience. Amenities include good, though small, wellness facilities and Scenic Crystal offers an ‘all-inclusive’ product, but ‘premium’ drinks cost extra.”