Oasis of the Seas
On a cruise ship
Oasis of the Seas: An architectural marvel at sea
Up until 2016 when Harmony of the Seas took the title, Oasis of the Seas and her sister Allure of the Seas shared the title of World's Largest Cruise Ship. When she entered service, Oasis caused a lot of buzz, with her thoughtful design and massive size.
The 16-deck ship Oasis carries 5,400 guests at double occupancy and features 2,700 staterooms. She was even designed with seven distinct themed neighborhoods that bring cruise passengers plenty of activities, phenomenal cuisine, family-friendly adventures and live entertainment. The neighborhoods include: Central Park, Boardwalk, the Royal Promenade, the Pool and Sports Zone, Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center, Entertainment Place and the Youth Zone.
Who will like sailing on Oasis of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas is a good choice for active cruise passengers who like architecture as much as adrenaline. Because of the size of the ship, she can support many cruise experiences, but also be prepared to spend extra time getting to and from the various highlights around the vessel.
Where Oasis of the Seas sails
Oasis sails mostly 7-night itineraries to the Bahamas and the Caribbean from Port Canaveral (Orlando) and Miami.
Top dining options
If you are looking for variety when it comes to dining choices, then Oasis of the Seas is the ticket. There is an abundance of choices for foodies, with options that include sushi, steaks, crepes, seafood and pasta. Make sure to think about selecting your dining time with the new My Time Dining program. With no pre-assigned tables, you can make your preferred daily reservations for the time that suits you or just walk in when the whim hits. Additionally, My Family Time Dining is geared to parents and children (ages three to 11) with an expedited 45-minute dining service during early seating only.
With 26 dining options to choose from, Oasis offers several novel restaurant concepts for those looking for a range of special epicurean experiences.
- Opus is the main dining room and offers complimentary, multicourse dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- 13 more complimentary options include Park Cafe, Windjammer Cafe, Cafe Promenade and room service (a nominal fee might apply if ordering after hours).
The following is an overview of the variety of the palate-pleasing options available throughout Oasis' neighborhoods. Some of the restaurants listed below have a surchage, which Cruisable has noted.
- Seafood Shack: Only found on Oasis, this restaurant has a la carte pricing. Check out the menu by clicking here.
- Boardwalk Bar: The main bar on the Boardwalk offers fruit, salads and sandwiches.
- Boardwalk Donuts: Open for breakfast and snacks.
- Johnny Rockets: ‘50s-style diner with server-entertainers. ($)
- Ice Cream Parlor: A variety of ice cream flavors and toppings take center stage. ($)
- 150 Central Park: Found only on the Oasis-class ships, you can enjoy an intimate six-course experience of leading-edge cuisine in a modern setting. Open only at dinner, the restaurant requires a $40 per person surcharge.
- Giovanni’s Table: An Italian trattoria with both indoor and alfresco seating features Italian classics served family-style, and costs $40 per person.
- Park Café: The indoor/outdoor gourmet market features salads, sandwiches, soups and pastries.
- Chops Grille: Royal Caribbean’s signature steakhouse features views of Central Park and premium cuts of quality meats. Expect to pay $30 per person.
Pool and Sports Zone
- Solarium Bistro: A health-conscious dining option for breakfast and lunch.
- Wipe Out Café: A casual self-service buffet with pizza, hamburgers, sandwiches and fresh salads.
- Izumi: This Asian restaurant features mouthwatering flavors and a sushi bar with hot-rock cooking. Lunch and dinner a la carte with $3 lunch and $5 dinner fees that includes gratuities.
- Sorrento’s Pizzeria: Featuring New York-style pizza, with both made-to-order pies and by the slice.
- Café Promenade: Offering Seattle’s Best coffee, fruit shakes, pastries and sandwiches all day.
- The Cupcake Cupboard: Featuring fresh-baked gourmet cupcakes as well as parties and design classes. Cupcakes are $2.50, while minis are $1.25.
Entertainment & shopping
- Check out the complimentary Tony Award-winning musical "Hairspray."
- Try your luck at the casino.
- Get active and participate in one of the many onboard classes, lessons, games and sports events.
- Splurge on duty-free shopping available in Central Park and the Royal Promenade.
- Make sure not to miss Come Fly With Me, a 45-minute interactive performance with video and aerialists, dance, gymnastic and vocal artistry.
- Head to Studio B for ice skating and shows on the rink.
- AquaTheater boasts the largest and deepest pool at sea, a 51-by-22-foot kidney-shaped body whose depth can be adjusted to a maximum of 17.9 feet, as well as 30-foot-high diving platforms. A pair of elaborate dive shows offered each day and night takes top billing.
- Comedy is center stage at the Comedy Live lounge in the Entertainment Place neighborhood. The adult comedy shows provide big laughs.
- Head to the Royal Promenade for theme night parties and parades.
Rest & relaxation
- Choose from the extensive treatment menu at the full-service Vitality Spa.
- Stay fit in the state-of-the-art Fitness Center, with classes such as yoga and tai chi.
- Enjoy an afternoon walking through the Central Park outdoor garden.
- Take a refreshing swim and relax at the 21 swimming pools and whirlpools.
Action & adventure
- Zip line, nine decks in the air and 82 feet across
- Two FlowRider surf simulators
- Two rock-climbing walls, each 43 feet high
- Full-sized basketball court
- Ice-skating rink
- Mini-golf course
Kids & families
- Complimentary DreamWorks Experience: memorable moments including character dining, parades, and meet and greets with favorite characters from "Shrek," "Madagascar," "Kung Fu Panda" and more
- Complimentary Adventure Ocean Youth Program
- Royal Babies & Tots Nursery (check the minimum age requirements)
- Royal Babies and Royal Tots programming featuring specially designed Fisher Price activities
- Teen lounge areas and disco
- H2O Zone kids' water park
- 3D movie theater
- Family-friendly activities including games, contests, enrichment classes and lectures
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Chose to stay and play in seven distinct neighborhoods built for ultimate enjoyment.
- Central Park neighborhood is the first-ever park at sea, with 12,175 plants, 62 vine plants, 56 trees and bamboo.
- The only original, handcrafted carousel at sea is the centerpiece of the unique Boardwalk neighborhood.
- Try the first zip line on a cruise ship, a thrilling 82 feet ride (25 meters), in the Sports Zone, suspended nine decks above the Boardwalk.
- The first ship to feature not one, but two FlowRiders in the Sports Zone.
- The AquaTheater features first-ever acrobatic, synchronized and high-dive performances on the high seas with a talent cast of Olympic and National Collegiate Athletic Association divers.
- For the first time, guests can make reservations prior to sailing for onboard theatric performances, specialty restaurants and spa services.
- Oasis of the Seas features two rock-climbing walls.
Top dining options on board
“Oasis of the Seas is large but provides a fine all-around cruise and wide range of choices for young adults and families with children (service is best in suite-class accommodation). It's packed with innovative design elements – none more so than the dramatic Central Park, a first at sea.”