On a cruise ship
Norwegian Pearl: Sail to Bermuda or marvel at Alaskan glaciers
Whether cruising to Bermuda, New England or through the Panama Canal, you can experience the wonders of the world aboard Norwegian Cruise Line's Norwegian Pearl. Her chic bowling alley, rock climbing wall, 16 delicious dining options, 13 bars and lounges, casino, spa, pools, fitness center, The Haven Garden Villas and so much more make this Jewel Class cruise ship a destination of her own.
Who will like sailing on Norwegian Pearl?
The diverse offerings on Norwegian Pearl are welcoming to a mixed aged crowd of cruisers. It's designed for families, so kids are in heavy rotation; it has a tricked out teen center, so that age group is popular too. The wide range of cabin types, dining options, entertainment and relaxation offerings appeals to seniors, boomers, millennials, families, singles, honeymooners, grandparents and grandkids, and everyone in between.
Where Norwegian Pearl sails
Long a staple of the Alaskan coastline, Norwegian Pearl has taken up new digs. The ship now sails out of Boston on voyages to Bermuda from spring to fall as well as trips to Canada, New England and the Panama Canal the rest of the year, as well as transatlantic crossings.
- Blue Lagoon In honor of the midnight snack, the Pearl offers up the Blue Lagoon 24-Hour Food Court. Whether you're hankering for a burger or a fast-wok dish, you can enjoy a light bite in a family friendly atmosphere, anytime.
- Cagney's Steakhouse Like Cagney himself, the upscale, traditional steak house is right out of the 1930's with all the trimmings.
- Garden Cafe/Kid's Cafe Kids will be kids, especially where food and travel are concerned which is why the menu of omelets, pasta, soups, salads and ethnic specialties is so popular. There's even a special kid-sized section for pint-size appetites.
- Great Outdoors Bar Outdoor buffet featuring prepared-to-cook omelets, waffles, fruit, soups, ethnic specialties and pasta.
- Indigo Main Dining Room In the style of a modern boutique hotel, the Indigo has clean lines and combinations of blues and purples in the decor, and a shot of orange for good measure. The daily chef's specials also include light and healthy selections.
- La Cucina Italian Restaurant Traditional, tasty and molto Italiano. There's pasta with a choice of seven savory sauces, crispy fresh salads, pizza, authentic Italian desserts, a fine wine list and espresso drinks in a casual farmhouse style atmosphere.
- Le Bistro French Restaurant From the theatrical art nouveau decor and artwork to the menu, which is modern and classic French gourmet, Le Bistro is an ode to all things French. You'll know you've arrived when you see the wine displays surrounding the entrance.
- Lotus Garden Asian Restaurant This elegant adventure into Pan Asian fare is a world-class experience in the finest Japanese, Thai, Chinese cuisine, plus many more authentic Asian dishes.
- Moderno Churrascaria As the succulent skewers of barbequed meats are carved tableside, you control how much you want with the Moderno Green and Red Chip. Green for go and the carving continues or red to stop. Also, enjoy a wide selection of perfectly prepared salads, sliced meats and traditional accompanying dishes from the salad bar.
- 24/7 Pizza The ocean's very first Pizza Delivery Service is offered 24 hours a day aboard Norwegian Pearl. The Pizza Team is happy to deliver a piping hot, homemade pie with your favorite toppings directly to your table, your stateroom, or your favorite bar or lounge. Just ask your server or call room service to place your order. "Fresh and Freestyle, that's Pizza 24/7."
- Room Service If you can't come to the restaurant the restaurant will come to you, offering a menu of items, which can be prepared and brought to your stateroom. Room Service is available 24-hours a day (There will be a delivery charge from Midnight - 5 am).
- Sky High Bar & Grill And you thought you were on a ship. Order your cocktail from the basket of a hot air balloon. Complete with sandbags, ropes and rattan front.
- Summer Palace Main Dining Room The interior is an inspiration of the grand palaces of St. Petersburg and the era of the great Tsars of Russia. A five-course, award-winning menu is the inspiration of master chefs.
- Sushi and Sashimi Bar The Lotus Garden Asian Restaurant also has a Sushi and Sashimi Bar where you can enjoy the very best sushi and sashimi expertly prepared while you watch.
- Teppanyaki Located in the Lotus Garden Asian Restaurant, you are invited for an extravagant Asian dining experience, where preparing food has never been more entertaining, or authentic. Accommodates 32 guests.
- Topsiders Bar & Grill Located on deck near the Tahitian Pool is Topsiders, a full bar and grill in close proximity to an ample sunning area and two hot tubs. Think of it as a total resort experience in itself.
Bars & lounges
- Bliss Ultra Lounge & Night Club A lounge inspired by all things spherical and space related. Bubbles, the use of lighting, color and ultraviolet artworks are featured throughout this room. Don't miss the industry's first bowling alley, fully equipped with plasma TVs.
- Great Outdoors Bar Enjoy wine, beer and a full selection of cocktails at this covered outdoor bar, located at the aft of Norwegian Pearl.
- Java Cafe Serves frozen coffees, espressos, cappucinos, teas, pastries and cookies.
- Magnum's Champagne & Wine Bar Imagine Paris in the 20's. Magnum's inspiration is French Art Deco and the decor of the grand old cruise liner Normandie.
- Maltings Beer & Whiskey Bar Inspired by the lobby bar from the Mandarin Oriental in London, this contemporary full bar has low lounges and tables with the perfect hint of mood lighting.
- Pearl Club Casino Bar Full Casino featuring a circus theme, reflecting bold and brash colors of traditional traveling circuses at the turn of the century.
- Sake Bar Full Sake Bar inside Lotus Garden Restaurant Complex.
- Shakers Martini & Cocktails Bar How do you like your martini? Shaken, not stirred? Of course you do. James Bond silhouettes reflect back at you from a screen behind the bar in this Art Deco inspired ode to the 1960's and 70's.
- Sky High Bar & Grill And you thought you were on a ship. Order your cocktail from the basket of a hot air balloon, complete with sandbags, ropes and rattan front.
- Spinnaker Lounge At night, the atmosphere at the Spinnaker Lounge is charged when the music comes up and the stage becomes a dance floor.
- Star Bar There was this gangster back in the 20's named Cagney. This is the kind of speakeasy joint he would have liked. Take a seat. Order a cocktail. The days of prohibition are long over.
- Comedy Variety When's the last time you guffawed? From standup comedy to unicycle-riding jugglers, you're in for an evening of laughter in the Stardust Theater.
- Disc Jockey/Bliss Lounge Dance like nobody's watching, even though everybody is. With a celebrity DJ spinning tunes till the wee hours, you can tear up the dance floor. Take a breather in a Bliss bed to recharge. The party's here and you don't have a curfew.
- Encore Join the Norwegian Production Cast as they showcase the recent hits of the Broadway stage, bringing together the best in song and dance from the past decade. From the outrageous pop tunes of Mamma Mia to the dramatic, soaring melodies of Wicked. The sass and pizzazz of Swing! gives way to the unforgettable hits from Jersey Boys. This show shines with star quality.
- Magicians How'd they do that? We may never know but it sure is fun to witness things appearing and disappearing right before your eyes. Add a dash of comedy and you've got one magical evening.
- Presumed Murdered Luncheon The Second City has teamed up with best-selling crime novelist Scott Turow to create a hilarious who-done-it called Presumed Murdered. You get into the action and help find the killer and bring them to justice.
- That's Entertainment From the Golden Age of cinema to the glitz glamour of current pop culture, That's Entertainment is inspired by the talent and excitement of showbiz icons. From Sinatra and Monroe to Elvis and Madonna, join the Norwegian Pearl Production Cast as they bring to life the hits of yesterday and today in... That's Entertainment.
- The Second City Chicago's legendary comedy theatre, The Second City, celebrates its 50th Anniversary aboard Norwegian Epic with a hilarious revue of sketches, songs and improvisation. Watch the brightest young comic talent in North America put comic spin on current events and life on the cruise ship.
- White Hot Party Ice ice baby. Don your white attire and get to the pool deck for the most invigorating, black light glowing, electrifying party beneath the stars. Dance with our white-winged angels and be sure to get a souvenir t-shirt.
- Aqua Kid's Club Totally zoned for kids, there are places to do arts and crafts, watch movies and play on the computer. There are even quiet corners for the younger crowd to sleep and rest.
- Art Gallery and Internet Cafe No matter how far you are from home, having access to the Internet is always nearby at the Internet Cafe. Original works of art by a wide variety of well-known artists are on display and can be purchased.
- Basketball/Volleyball/Tennis Court Shoot hoops, join a pick up game, play beach volleyball or some tennis at the outdoor Basketball/Volleyball/Tennis Court.
- Body Waves Fitness Center Get your heart rate up using state-of-the-art machines while enjoying a view through floor-to-ceiling windows. In addition, you can participate in aerobics, spinning and exercise classes.The Body Waves Fitness Center is open from 6am to 11pm.
- Bowling What could be more fun than having a few cocktails and trying to score a perfect ten? The four-lane bowling alley with funky lighting and neon-colored bowling balls is striking. Available for guests 6 years of age and older.
- Card Room One room where playing games is not just encouraged, it's expected. Find another couple and play bridge or test your skill with board games, checkers, and Scrabble.
- Climbing Wall
- Corona Cigar Club: Hand-rolled premium cigars, cognacs and spirits at the Corona Cigar Club. This is one place where it is completely acceptable to light up in public.
- Whirlpools: You will find 6 outdoor whirlpools on deck 12.
- Jogging/Walking Track Run circles around the other guests or get your daily walk in before breakfast on the outdoor track.
- Kid's Pool Just like its name, The Children's Splash Pool is just right for pint-size splashing, playing and paddling. The pool also has additional fun features.
- LifeStyle Room Looking for a quiet place to write postcards, play cards or read a book? Drop by the Lifestyles Room.
- Mandara Spa If being pampered is your idea of a vacation, the Mandara Spa is for you. This full service beauty salon and spa offers a wide range of rejuvenating spa treatments.
- Meeting Rooms Norwegian Pearl's meeting room area features three individual rooms, the Vienna room, the Prague room, and the Barcelona room. They can be used together or separately.
- Metro Center This is a cool place for teens. Designed to look and feel like the New York Subway, there's even graffiti on the walls.
- Pearl Club Casino Try your hand at Roulette, Blackjack, Craps and Let It Ride against a backdrop of traveling circuses from the turn of the century. For a detailed list of slots and games, please visit the Game Types page in the NCL Casinos at Sea section.
- Photo Gallery The selection of beautiful photographic prints is worthy of any wall. Photos on display are available for purchase.
- Stardust Theater It's showtime! Enjoy Broadway and Vegas-style shows with cocktails before or after dinner with a European Art Nouveau backdrop and a peacock adorning the curtain.
- Tahitian Pool Norwegian Pearl's main outdoor pool is surrounded by 144 sun beds, 314 deck chairs and Topsider's Bar and Grill.
- The Chapel The lovely, intimate chapel also functions as a meeting room.
- The Library You'll find a well-stocked selection of things to read with all the elegant trimmings a good library deserves.
- Trade Routes Boutiques Need a new bathing suit? How about a surprise gift for your sweetheart? Trade Routes Boutiques offer a wide selection of brand name and specialty goodies.
- Video Arcade Here's your chance to capture a few aliens, win a car race, play pinball and fly a jet fighter. Let your imagination run wild at Video Arcade.
Have you sailed on Norwegian Pearl? Please share a story, tip or discovery. What was the highlight?
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
If you're interested in a cruise on Norwegian Pearl, contact a Cruiseable travel advocate at 1-877-322-3773 or by email. We can usually offer a better deal than you can get by contacting the cruise line directly.
Top highlights on this ship
- Watch glaciers calve from a private balcony while on an Alaska cruise.
- Enjoy a fantastic steak in Cagneys while sailing through the Caribbean.
- Relax in the hydrotherapy room after a couples massage at the South Pacific Spa.
- Summer Palace Main Dining Room is right out of a Dr. Zhivago, inspired by the grand palaces of St. Petersburg and the era of the great Tsars of Russia.