Since its inception in 1994, Silversea has been a game changer in the cruise industry. Innovative and continually raising the luxury bar, the little line continues to impress. Its latest venture is the upcoming launch of the 728-passenger Silver Nova — a fuel-efficient, sustainable ship.
Although Silver Nova doesn’t launch until January 2024, the company has already released details of its 71-day Grand Voyage to Central and South America.
The luxurious odyssey will allow passengers to delve deeply into 38 destination in 18 countries. Fares will include round-trip business class air.
The journey will reveal remote and extraordinary destinations as it circumnavigates Latin America, before going deep inland along the meandering Amazon River to Manaus in the heart of the verdant rainforest.
Ports of call
The Nova will make a maiden call in Ilhabela, Brazil, home to a vast UNESCO-listed biosphere reserve. Guests can also explore Ushuaia, Argentina, at South America’s southernmost tip, in addition to the continent’s striking glaciers and fjords. Immersing travelers into the vibrant culture of Latin America, Silver Nova will call in Lima, Buenos Aires and Montevideo, with an extended call in Rio de Janeiro during Carnival — with three overnights — showcasing a must-visit staple of South American discovery.
The cruise ends in Fort Lauderdale on March 15, 2024. Before the voyage ends, guests will have explored the Eastern Caribbean with calls in Spanish Town, Jamaica; Castries, St. Lucia, and Bequia in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Guests will also experience the region’s rich culinary flavors, both on board and ashore, through Silversea’s highly lauded S.A.L.T. program.
Silver Nova is one of the most environmentally conscious cruise ships ever built. Innovative, state-of-the-art technological solutions will make it the first hybrid luxury cruise ship to be free of local emissions at port, with advanced hybrid technology featuring fuel cells. The result is a future of luxurious, sustainable cruising.
“Curated by our destination experts, our new South America Grand Voyage 2024 — hosted aboard the pioneering Silver Nova — will link the continent’s most enriching experiences for our well-traveled guests,” said Barbara Muckermann, Silversea's chief commercial officer. “With the inclusion of business-class air, guests traveling on the South America Grand Voyage 2024, and on all future Grand Voyages with Silversea, will journey in superlative comfort.”
Exclusive events during the Grand Voyage
Drawing on a connection to the culture, heritage and identity of each location, Silversea’s exclusive events for the Grand Voyage South America 2024 include:
- Folklore Festivities Along the Panama Canal offers a chance to enjoy a traditional folkloric show, followed by a Carnival party complete with Panama hats and spirited salsa dancing.
- Bespoke Heritage Tour at Callao Monumental: Go on a personalized, private tour of Callao Monumental, considered Peru’s most important reference of social transformation through art. The tour will end with locally prepared, authentic culinary delights and cocktails to the backdrop of a salsa fiesta.
- The Best Seats at the World’s Biggest Carnival: If you’ve never been to Carnival in Rio (I have ... and loved it!), you are in for an experience like no other. It’s days and nights of non-stop partying, drinking and unbridled revelry.
- Operatic Delights in the Amazon Rainforest: This night at the opera takes place in the heart of the Amazon rainforest at Manaus’ opera house, a historical landmark and a spectacular example of Renaissance architecture. Guests will watch an exclusive performance while relaxing with a cocktail.
- An Exclusive Evening With Bridgetown’s Polo Elite: This is a chance for polo buffs to hobnob with the Bridgetown polo players – Barbados’s most iconic sports team – during an intimate dinner that follows an afternoon of adrenaline sport. Intricately prepared by an award-winning Bajan master chef, guests will savor local delicacies and sip champagne in the company of the island’s polo elite.
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
If you'd like more information about the full itinerary of Silversea Nova's Grand Voyage South America 2024 and the full list of inclusions — and if you'd like to book it — contact a Cruiseable travel advisor by email or call 1-877-322-3773.