Seabourn has taken delivery of its new ultra-luxury ship, Seabourn Ovation. The $380 million, 40,350-gross-ton mega-yacht will begin carrying 604 passengers on itineraries starting this Saturday with a 21-day cruise starting in Venice with stops throughout the western Mediterranean.
A sister ship to Seabourn Encore, Seabourn Ovation has 300 all-oceanfront suites with the line’s high ratio of space per guest and contemporary interiors by design icon Adam D. Tihany.
"We are delighted to take delivery of Seabourn Ovation, offering yet another reason for luxury travelers around the world to choose us for their next holiday," Richard Meadows, president of Seabourn, said in a statement. "It has been an incredible journey to see the ship come to life, and the Fincantieri team has done a fantastic job in the construction of the ship. The combination of Adam Tihany's design vision and Fincantieri's fine craftsmanship have resulted in yet another stunning creation."
Meadows was at the Fincantieri shipyard in Genoa, Italy, for delivery of what could well be the line’s finest super-luxury ship yet and the fifth in the swank fleet. Ovation will spend the summer season sailing in Northern Europe.
Seabourn Ovation is part of the award-winning and highly acclaimed Odyssey-class ships, which modernized ultra-luxury cruising with enhanced accommodations and innovative amenities when they were introduced between 2009 and 2011. The ship's spacious makeup and high ratio of space per guest enables more highly personalized service.
The ship shines with contemporary interiors, modern design elements and innovations that reflect Seabourn's understated elegance. Each lavish suite sports large private verandas, big enough for private al fresco dining, a comfortable living area with sofa seating and a desk/dining table. There are also walk-in closets; in-suite entertainment options with a wide selection of movies, music, broadcast television and radio channels; and marble bathrooms with separate bath and shower and luxury bath products, including the exclusive Seabourn Signature Scents by Molton Brown. A personal bar and refrigerator will be stocked according to guest preferences, coordinated before arrival.
Wellness, fine dining & exclusive entertainment
Groundbreaking offerings and programs include partnerships with a select group of companies such as "An Evening With Tim Rice," an entertainment experience created exclusively for the line in association with Belinda King Creative Productions; Spa and Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, offering guests a holistic spa and wellness experience that integrates physical, social, environmental and spiritual well-being; and The Grill by Thomas Keller, a unique culinary concept that focuses on updated versions of iconic dishes.
Seabourn Ovation’s naming ceremony will take place May 11 in the beautiful baroque harbor of Valletta, Malta. Actress-singer Elaine Paige will serve as godmother and will name the ship during an opulent ceremony that will light up the dramatic UNESCO World Heritage site and the 2018 European Capital of Culture.
The ship will spend the majority of its maiden season cruising the waters of Northern Europe, offering a series of seven-day Baltic and Scandinavian sailings between Copenhagen and Stockholm. Seabourn Ovation will also sail on longer 14-day voyages, visiting the majestic Norwegian fjords and British Isles providing an experience like none other.
Curated voyages, complimentary wines & more
Seabourn offer uptown cruising with impeccable attention to food, service and details in a private club atmosphere.
- Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
- All ocean front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required nor expected
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with chef Thomas Keller
- All complimentary dining venues allow you to eat where, when and with whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
- Ventures by Seabourn, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend destination experiences in select destinations.
- Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences in partnership with UNESCO
- Spa & Wellness by Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice