Grandeur of the Seas
On a cruise ship
Grandeur of the Seas: New options make it a fan favorite
Sail on the now even grander Grandeur of the Seas! Experience all-new, day-to-night innovations designed to accommodate every cruise passenger's taste. Relax in new and remodeled staterooms. Watch family-friendly movies on the 220-square foot poolside outdoor screen. Dine in recently added specialty restaurants like Izumi for pan-Asian fare, the signature Chops Grille steakhouse and the family-style Italian trattoria, Giovanni's Table.
When the sun goes down, enjoy the mesmerizing aerial acrobatics of the new Centrum experience. Then stop by R Bar, a chic throwback to the 1960s offering traditional and modern cocktails.
Who will like sailing on Grandeur of the Seas
Those looking for something new will appreciate the enhancements to Grandeur of the Seas' onboard experience. Its activities will appeal to a wide range of cruise passengers, making it an ideal cruise ship for friends and families interested in different experiences. The dining spots make the perfect place to meet up to discuss the day's events.
Where Grandeur of the Seas sails
Destinations: The newly revitalized ship sails from Baltimore with itineraries in the Bahamas, Bermuda, Caribbean, Canada and New England.
In this 3-minute video, Royal Caribbean touts the ship's highlights and 2012 revitalization.
Top dining options
- Main Dining Room: features complimentary, multicourse dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Giovanni’s Table: an Italian restaurant, available for lunch and dinner
- Chops Grille: a steakhouse that also requires a cover charge
- Viking Crown Lounge:features bite-sized portions of classic dishes
- Chef’s Table: provides an intimate dining experience with the onboard chef
- Izumi: Asian-fusion cuisine, featuring a la carte sushi selections
- Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream: offers a variety of ice cream flavors and toppings for an additional charge
- More complimentary options including Windjammer Cafe, Solarium Cafe and Park Cafe for sandwiches and snacks
- Room service: Late-night service charge applies to room service orders between midnight and 5:00 am
Rest & relaxation
- Vitality Spa with extensive treatment menu
- State-of-the-art fitness center, with classes ranging from aerobics to kickboxing to yoga
- Two pools including the Solarium, an adults-only retreat
- Four whirlpools
- Stateroom amenities such as flat-screen televisions, new bathrooms and completely remodeled interiors, including new linens and furniture
- Poolside, outdoor movie screen
- Concierge Club and Diamond Lounge
Entertainment & shopping
- Complimentary Broadway-style entertainment in the Main Theater
- 6,843-square-foot Vegas-style Casino Royale with 190 slots and 11 tables
- Eight bars and lounges that never have a cover, including the South Pacific Lounge and the Champagne Bar
- Duty-free shopping at the Boutiques of Centrum, featuring name-brand jewelry, perfumes, apparel and more
- R Bar, featuring a sophisticated 1960s vibe, complete with iconic furnishing and signature cocktails created by a savvy and personable mixologist
- Chic and sophisticated Centrum experience with enriching daytime activities, nightly entertainment and aerial spectacles
Action & adventure
- Rock-climbing wall
- Upper-deck jogging track
- Video game arcade
Kids & families
- Complimentary Adventure Ocean Youth Program
- Royal Babies and Royal Tots programming featuring specially designed Fisher Price activities
- Expanded teen-only hangout areas
- Family-friendly activities including games, contests, enrichment classes and lectures
- Royal Babies & Tots Nursery
Staterooms are put into different categories based on size and amenities as well as the location on the cruise ship. All staterooms have closed-circuit TV, a radio, hairdryer, vanity area and bathroom with a shower. All lower beds are convertible to a queen. Suites have a large sitting area, private balcony and a full bath with a tub.
How about you? Have you cruised on Grandeur of the Seas? What was the highlight? Any tips you can share with first-timers?
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Family-friendly movies on the 220-square foot poolside outdoor screen
- Aerial acrobatics as part of the Centrum experience
- Adults-only pool in Solarium
- Gaming in the Vegas-style Casino Royale