Freedom of the Seas
On a cruise ship
Freedom of the Seas: Enhanced to cater to every cruise passenger's needs
Freedom of the Seas features several maritime innovations to stir your imagination. Share a high five with Shrek as part of the DreamWorks Experience. Catch a first-run movie in the 3D theater or poolside under the stars on the outdoor movie screen. Infuse color into your cruise with the artworks of the BRITTO Gallery or with the frosted confections of the Cupcake Cupboard. And finish the evening with a selection of reds or whites at the renovated, now-more-intimate Vintages wine bar.
Plus, enjoy features that Freedom of the Seas has always been known for: the FlowRider surf simulator, rock climbing wall, ice-skating rink, Royal Promenade, cantilevered whirlpools, mini golf course, H2O Zone water park and much more.
Who will like sailing on Freedom of the Seas
Because of the variety of activities on board, Freedom of the Seas can support many cruise experiences. She has something for everyone in your group to enjoy their vacation, as well as several dining establishments that make good gathering points for passengers to meet up at between activities.
Where Freedom of the Seas sails
Home port: Miami
Destinations: Freedom of the Seas sails mostly 3- and 4-night itineraries to the Bahamas, making for a quick and easy getaway for busy passengers.
Top dining options
- Main Dining Room: features complimentary, multicourse dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Chops Grille: a steakhouse that also requires one low cover charge
- Johnny Rockets: a ‘50s-style diner that features servers who double as entertainers, and is an additional cost.
- The Cupcake Cupboard: a vintage-style gourmet bakery with 30 types of cupcakes for an additional charge
- Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream: offers a variety of ice cream flavors and toppings for an additional charge
- More complimentary options including Windjammer Cafe, Jade Sushi, Sorrento's Pizza and Cafe Promenade for coffee and pastries/snacks
- Room service: Late-night service charge applies to room service orders between midnight and 5:00 am
Kids & families
- Complimentary DreamWorks Experience includes parades, meet and greets, and character dining with favorite characters such as Shrek, Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda
- Complimentary Adventure Ocean Youth Program
- Royal Babies & Tots Nursery
- Royal Babies and Royal Tots programming featuring specially designed Fisher Price activities
- Teen lounge areas and disco
- H2O Zone kids' water park
- 3D movie theater
- Outdoor, poolside movie screen
- Family-friendly activities including games, contests, enrichment classes and lectures
Action & adventure
- FlowRider surf simulator
- Rock-climbing wall
- Ice-skating rink
- Mini-golf course
- Full-sized basketball court
- Full-sized boxing ring
Rest & relaxation
- Four pools including the Solarium, an adults-only retreat
- Six whirlpools, two of them cantilevered whirlpools overlooking the ocean
- Vitality Spa with an extensive treatment menu including MediSpa treatments and acupuncture
- State-of-the-art fitness center, with classes like yoga and tai chi
- Library and Card Room
Entertainment & shopping
- Complimentary Broadway-style entertainment in the Main Theater
- Complimentary ice-skating shows in Studio B
- 10,258-square-foot Vegas-style Casino Royale with 19 tables and 301 slots
- 22 bars, clubs, and lounges that never have a cover and include Boleros Latin-themed lounge and Bull & Bear English Pub
- Enhanced, more-intimate Vintages wine bar
- BRITTO Gallery, featuring the works of pop-art icon Romero Britto
- Name-brand, duty-free shopping on the Royal Promenade includes jewelry, perfumes, apparel and shopping for teens and kids
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
If you're interested in a cruise on Freedom of the Seas, contact a Cruiseable travel advocate at 1-877-322-3773 or by email. We can usually offer a better deal than you can get by contacting the cruise line directly.
Top highlights on this ship
- Meeting Shrek as part of the DreamWorks Experience
- Shopping on the Royal Promenade
- Ice skating in the onboard ice skating rink
- Sipping delicious wines at Vintages wine bar
Top dining options on board
“Freedom of the Seas is a lively large resort ship, with tasteful decor and many bars and lounges. It's a fine ship for young, active families with children, as long as you don't mind lines when signing up for popular activities like the Flowrider surf area and rock-climbing wall.”