On a cruise ship
Island Princess: Lounge in comfort while visiting exotic ports of call
Princess Cruises's Island Princess was built to Panamax size. This means she can offer you the exclusive experience of sailing through the Panama Canal! Offering 90% ocean-view staterooms with more than 700 balconies, passengers get the chance to view this feat of engineering up close or get to take in stunning views of immense glaciers during cruises to Alaska. Featured on just one other Princess ship, the Bayou Cafe and Steakhouse is a unique and authentic New Orleans-style venue with Crescent City cuisine and live NOLA jazz music.
Who will like sailing on Island Princess?
Alaska cruises tend to be shorter and happen during summer. These trips draw a younger crowd than the Panama Canal itinerary, which attracts the 60-and-older crowd. Passengers primarily hail from the U.S., but there is often a smattering of other countries represented.
Where Island Princess sails
The Island Princess sails the Panama Canal, Scandinavia, Northern Europe, the British islands, Mediterranean, Caribbean and a world cruise that visits Asia, Australia, Hawaii, the Pacific Coast and other destinations.
Princess chefs are culinary artists who create and serve delicious cuisine. The entire fleet was inducted into the prestigious Chaine des Rotisseurs gastronomic society. Each chef's menu is a work of art and the selections change every day. Gourmet food and impeccable service make your dining dates shine.
This ship offers several formal dining rooms in the cruise tradition, with Traditional Dining at the same times for each meal, with attentive service provided by your own waiter throughout the cruise.
- Provence Dining Room: Anytime Dining means you aren't limited to eating at a fixed time or place on the ship. Instead, the choice of when and where you want to eat is flexible, based only on your stomach's whim.
- Bordeaux Dining Room: The ships' restaurants are always in demand, serving up local specialties and gourmet favorites. Reservations are recommended, and a cover charge applies.
- Sabatini's: With a menu specializing in Italian cuisine and premium seafood, Sabatini's aspires to present the refined yet casual atmosphere of an Italian ristorante.
- Bayou Cafe & Steakhouse: New Orleans cuisine served up with a side of traditional, funky jazz music.
Want to maximize your pool time and minimize your mealtime? Get a quick and satisfying bite whenever you like at the Casual Dining eateries, or get take-out and dine by the pool.
- Horizon Court buffet
- Sundaes ice cream bar
- Princess Pizzeria
- The Bar & Grill
- Afternoon tea
- 24-hour room service
Relaxation and activity blend perfectly to optimize your Princess cruise experience. Princess offers everything you could need for a relaxing, rejuvenating retreat, including a wide variety of freshly prepared cuisine and active experiences all designed to help you escape completely.
The many activities onboard the ship are designed to stimulate, educate, entertain, inspire and make you sweat — not necessarily in that order. From art auctions to the Lotus Spa, the Island Princess is loaded with fun things to do.
Nightlife shimmers, rocks and will impress on the Island Princess. Illuminating the stage in myriad productions, performers are some of the most talented musicians, singers and dancers at sea. The Princess Signature Shows, lounge performers, movies and casinos are just some of the entertainment passengers enjoy on Island Princess cruises.
This ship's theater venues are designed with state-of-the-art acoustics, comfy seats and stellar acts. The movies shown are all first-run feature-length films.
- Princess Theater
- Universe Lounge
- Movies Under the Stars outdoor theater
Bars & lounges
The ship's Hot Spots are sizzling! They vary depending upon the ship and feature dazzling casinos. Movies Under The Stars outdoor theater, night clubs, dance floors and more will get you up and out of your stateroom oasis.
- The Princess Casino (Paris-themed casino)
- Explorers Lounge (nightclub-style performances)
- Wheelhouse Bar
- Churchill Lounge
- Crooners Bar
- Explorers Lounge
Pools & spas
Sometimes floating serenely just isn't enough. Splash around, ride the waves, swim against the current or take a dip in one of this ship's bubbling hot tubs.
- Lido Pool (plus 3 hot tubs)
- Lotus Spa Pool (plus 2 hot tubs)
- Pirate's View hot tub and splash pool
You can be an activity addict with basketball, paddle tennis, jogging tracks and state-of-the-art gyms equipped with machines that'll keep your heart rate pumping.
- Lotus Spa, gym and fitness area
- Swim-against-the-current lap pool
- Nine-hole putting course
- Center Court
Lectures, art exhibits and classes taught by local experts all offer time for education and enrichment.
- World-class art collection, gallery and auctions
- 24-hour Internet Cafe (wireless access available)
- Library and writing room
- Hearts & Minds Wedding Chapel
Go shopping, and get deals on designer clothing and gifts, including Lladro, Swarovski, Calvin Klein, Tommy Bahama, Lancome, Clinique, Estee Lauder and Fossil — all up to 30% off.
- Boutiques (duty-free)
- Future Cruise Sales
With Princess, young kids and teens have their own kind of fun — and their own place to hang out. The youth and teen centers are fully equipped with everything from the latest video games and movies, to arts and crafts, foosball tables, board games and jukeboxes. And for the littlest ones, there are activities like kids' karaoke, pizza parties, pajama nights and more. This ship's activities run the age-appropriate gamut for those under 18, from Princess Pelicans (ages three to seven), and Shockwaves (ages eight to 12), to Remix (ages 13 to 17).
Have you sailed on Island Princess? What are your tips, what were the highlights? We'd love to know! Please share in the comments or write your own article or review.
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Interested in a cruise on Island Princess? Contact a Cruiseable travel consultant at 1-877-322-3773, or by email, to get additional information and to find the best rates and value for your vacation dollar.
Top highlights on this ship
- Travel Europe, and visit Cannes, Mykonos, Barcelona and Venice on an Island Princess Mediterranean cruise.
- Ogle the engineering feat that is the Panama Canal, right from your stateroom or balcony!
- Swim against the current in the lap pool or practice your putting on the nine-hole putting green.
- What could be more exhilarating than watching a first run movie under the stars at sea?