Pride of America
On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Norwegian's Pride of America: Cruise to Hawaii
Aloha! Come aboard Norwegian Cruise Line's Pride of America for the best way to island hop Hawaii. From the moment you step into the Capitol Atrium, with its soaring Tiffany-glass dome and grand staircase, you'll know this is a spectacular cruise ship. Cruise America's paradise in style, with 14 restaurants and 9 bars and lounges, excellent family accommodations, spacious suites and lots of balconies — perfect for whale watching, witnessing Kilauea Volcano or taking in the dramatic views of the Napali Coast.
Where the Pride of America sails
Home port: Honolulu
Pride of America sails through the Hawaiian Islands. Cruises embark from Honolulu with stops in Kahului, Maui; Hilo, Hawaii; Kona, Hawaii, and Nawiliwili, Kauai.
- 24/7 Pizza: The ocean's very first pizza delivery service is offered 24 hours a day aboard Norwegian Pride of America.
- Aloha Cafe: This indoor/outdoor buffet-style eatery features food stations where you can order omelets, waffles, fruit, soups, ethnic specialties and pasta. Set against a Hawaiian theme with outrigger canoes, Polynesian carvings and even a kid-sized buffet.
- Cadillac Diner: This totally retro 1950's diner has Cadillac seats, plays 50's Rock 'n Roll and offers up a classic menu of burgers, fish 'n chips, potpies and wok-fast dishes. Open 22 hours a day.
- East Meets West: For a taste of the exotic, you'll find a unique array of Pan Asian cuisine as well as many authentic Asian dishes.
- Jefferson's Bistro: Welcome to Thomas Jefferson's Georgian residence. This upscale French restaurant offers modern and classic gourmet cuisine against a traditional Jeffersonian backdrop.
- Lazy J Texas Steakhouse: Choose from a delicious menu of certified Angus beef, veal, pork, lamb, seafood and grilled chicken.
- Liberty Main Dining Room: Dining at the Liberty is guaranteed to be a traditional experience as you step back into America's Colonial days. The decor features paintings of the Founding Fathers and important moments in American history.
- Little Italy: You won't need cab fare to experience delicious, contemporary Italian food. Sit back and relax in this fun, bright restaurant with the kind of menu you would expect to find in Little Italy, New York.
- Room Service: Room service menus are available 24 hours a day; however, there will be a delivery charge from midnight to 5 am.
- Skyline Main Dining Room: Inspired by the architecture and skyscrapers of 1930's Manhattan, this Art Deco style-restaurant offers a delicious, traditional dining experience.
- Sushi Bar: East Meets West Asian Restaurant also has a Sushi and Sashimi Bar where you can enjoy the very best sushi and sashimi expertly prepared as you watch.
- Teppanyaki: A truly authentic Asian dining experience. Sit at a large table where the process of preparing your food right before your eyes is both entertaining and impressive.
- Comedy Variety: From stand-up comedy to unicycle-riding jugglers, you're invited for an evening of laughter in the Stardust Theater.
- Magicians: How'd they do that? We may never know but it sure is fun to witness things appearing and disappearing right before your eyes. Add a dash of comedy and you've got one magical evening.
- Oh What A Night: Big Girls Don't Cry, Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You, Walk Like A Man...You really will be saying, "Oh what a night" after you witness these four talented performers sing popular songs from Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons.
- White Hot Party: Don your white attire and get to the pool deck for the most invigorating, black light glowing, electrifying party beneath the stars. Dance with the white-winged angels and be sure to get a souvenir t-shirt.
- Hollywood Theater: You deserve the red carpet treatment. Enjoy Broadway- and Vegas-style shows in a Hollywood theater.
Bars & lounges
- Gold Rush Saloon: Sidle up and wet your whistle at the Gold Rush Saloon, a full bar offering an extensive wine and beer selection and cocktails.
- John Adam's Coffee Bar: For that double, vanilla, soy, extra hot latte with extra foam, the John Adam's Coffee Bar is at your service with a wide variety of specialty coffees, teas, pastries and cookies.
- Key West Bar & Grill: Full bar & grill in a Key West setting.
- Lanai Bar: A full bar offering an extensive wine and beer selection and cocktails including Mai Tai's, Surf Rider's and Polynesian's.
- Mardi Gras Cabaret Lounge & Nightclub: Every night is Mardi Gras here. The famous New Orleans Mardi Gras is the inspiration behind this fun, lively lounge.
- Napa Wine Bar: Enjoy different wines by the glass at the Napa Wine Bar. You can also order cocktails and beer in this full bar.
- Ocean Drive Bar: Enjoy cocktails, wines and beer in a full bar that overlooks the South Beach Pool.
- Pink's Champagne Bar: Inspired by Hawaii's Royal Palace Hotel, often referred to as the "Pink Palace" on Waikiki Beach. Toast to your good health and good luck with champagne.
- Waikiki Bar: You'll think you're on Waikiki Beach after you order a Mai Tai or Polynesian. Full bar includes wine, beer and cocktails.
Spa & fitness
- Basketball/Volleyball: Shoot hoops, join a pick up game, play beach volleyball at the outdoor basketball/volleyball court.
- Hot Tubs: There are four outdoor hot tubs located in close proximity to the South Beach Pool.
- Jogging/Walking Track: Run circles around the other guests or get in your daily walk while you're at sea.
- Mandara Spa: The tranquil, calming nature of wood, stone and New Mexican artifacts surround you as you allow yourself to be rejuvenated by any of Mandara's spa treatments.
- Santa Fe Fitness Center: There are numerous ways to stay in shape while on board Pride of America. The Santa Fe Fitness Center is open from 6 am to 11 pm with a full gym and aerobics/fitness classes offered daily.
- Internet Center: Want to send an update to family and friends back home? This is the place to be when you need to get online. Computer and Internet facilities, plus a computer lecture and training area is available.
- Blast Off Video Arcade: Stop by the video arcade and shoot a few aliens, win a car race, play pinball and fly a jet fighter.
- Connections Teen Club: A hip place for teens to hang out, complete with dance floor, bar, video, jukebox, table football and air hockey.
- Deck Games: Deck Games which include Outdoor Chess and the Gyrosphere. It's a great way to meet some of the other passengers.
- Golf Driving Net: Fore! Take your clubs out for a drive at Golf Driving Net, where there's no such thing as a lost ball or a bad drive.
- Newbury Street Shops: Need a new bathing suit? How about a surprise gift for your sweetheart? Newbury Street Shops offer a wide selection of brand-name and specialty goodies.
- Oasis Pool: Located on the aft part of Pride of America is the smaller Oasis outdoor pool.
- Rascals Kid's Club: Kid's rule here. There's a paddling pool, soft play area, computers, movie room and jungle gym.
- Shuffles Card Room: Here is one room where playing games is not just encouraged, it's expected. Find another couple and play bridge or test your skill with board games, checkers and Scrabble.
- SoHo Art Gallery: Stroll through Pride of America's Art Gallery of original paintings for sale by a wide range of well-known artists.
- South Beach Pool: Pride of America's ode to Miami's South Beach includes two glimmering outdoor pools and four hot tubs.
- SS America Library: You'll find a well-stocked selection of reading materials against the backdrop of the historic SS America Ship with memorabilia and artifacts from the ship itself.
- The Conservatory: This quiet area in a tropical setting has glass walls. Read, make conversation or do nothing at all.
How about you? Have you sailed on the Norwegian Pride of America? We'd like to hear about your island cruising experience!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- 8 complimentary dining options, from three-course dining to buffets
- Seasonal whale watching along the Napali Coast