On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Disney Fantasy: A once-in-a-lifetime family cruise adventure
Building on the classic style of her sister ships, Disney Fantasy is the fourth cruise ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet. Disney Fantasy is designed to reflect the glamor of the golden age of cruising during the 1930s. The ship is all Disney you know and love, while introducing new and immersive, one-of-a-kind venues and experiences for everyone in the family.
Disney Fantasy towers 14 decks above the sea. There is much to experience on board. Entertainment includes Original Disney musicals, deck parties, fireworks at sea, first run films (including 3D Digital Movies), and time with Disney Characters. Everything a cruising family needs on vacation is available: great food, plenty of things to do and staterooms designed for families to stretch out.
Who will like sailing on Disney Fantasy
Keeping the Disney brand in the limelight at sea, the cruise ship was specially designed with families in mind, combining style and convenience with splashes of Disney magic.
Where Disney Fantasy sails
Home port: Port Canaveral, Florida
Destinations: Disney Fantasy sails seven-night Caribbean cruises with destinations including St. Maarten, St. Thomas/St. John and the Disney hideaway Castaway Cay. Western Caribbean cruises features ports in Key West, Florida; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, Cozumel, Mexico and Castaway Cay.
Tour of Disney Fantasy
Jason Leppert of PopularCruising offers this look at Disney Fantasy's features and amenities.
Happy kids mean happy parents
Your young cruiser will have kids clubs, activity centers and a unique interactive programs to keep them busy. But don't worry, there are plenty of family-themed activities as well. And when your children need a break from you, head over to one of the adults-only lounges or restaurants for date night.
Entertainment and activities
At the epicenter of your Disney Fantasy cruise experience is entertainment. The cast members and crew offer non-stop fun. Besides plenty of opportunities for families to enjoy the ship together, there are also kid-themed activities designed for your young cruiser.
Disney Cruise Line gets kids and they have youth counselors and crew standing by to make sure that young cruisers have fun while staying safe on the ship.
The kids clubs are open daily and there are age-appropriate activity centers for infants, toddlers, children, tweens and teens.
- It's a Small World Nursery invites young ones under three to hang out and have some fun.
- Disney's Oceaneer Lab has opportunities for both organized and free play for your kids between the ages of 3 and 11.
- Edge, a tween-exclusive space for kids ages 11 through 14.
- Vibe is an indoor lounge and a breezy outdoor deck—where teens ages 14 through 17 can watch television, play video games, listen to music, surf the Internet, enjoy fun activities and make new friends.
- Disney's Oceaneer Club is the perfect place for younger kids to dress up as their favorite princess or hero, play computer games and enjoy a vast array of supervised themed activities.
Fun, games & shows
- Boasting Broadway-caliber, musical live shows starring some of your favorite Disney Characters in the Walt Disney Theater.
- Head to the Buena Vista Theater, one of 2 large theater venues on Fantasy to watch a first-run movie, some in Disney Digital 3-D.
- Roam the ship and say hi to your favorite Disney character.
- Don't miss the live production shows. Disney's Aladdin-A Musical Spectacular, Disney's Believe, and Disney Wishes are Broadway-style musical extravaganzas.
- Join the Muppets for "The Case of the Stolen Show," an interactive mystery game.
- Don't miss Pirate Night - bring along your gear from home for this popular theme night on the ship.
Fancy a dip in the pool or a thrilling water coaster ride?
You'll find three sparkling pools: one for kids, one for families and one just for adults. You'll find both kids and adventurous adults taking a spin around the Lido deck, literally, on AquaDuck. During the water coaster ride, you're propelled at high speeds through an acrylic tube on a thrilling journey up, down, around and off the side of the ship, through the Forward Funnel-down a span of 4 decks-into a lazy river. Awesome.
Spa & fitness
Disney Dream offers a full service spa, hair salon and fitness center for women and men at the Senses Spa & Salon. This sanctuary will have you feeling refreshed and relaxed.
Looking to get rid of some unwanted calories? Head to the fitness center or to Goofy's Sports Deck for some open-air activities like miniature golf, a game of basketball or volleyball.
Dining options on board
One of the unique features of dining on Disney Fantasy is rotation dining. Guests, servers and tablemates rotate to a different dining experience nightly. The good news is that you get to try a variety of dining options. The bad news is that you will definitely have a favorite eatery and it is hard to go back for a second time because of rotational dining.
While parents feast on gourmet fare, kids have a wide selection of kid-friendly options. For those offspring with more sophisticated palates, they can try one of everything. Here are some of the restaurants you will experience:
- Animator's Palate, which serves contemporary Pacific Rim cuisine with an American flair, is open for dinner. Celebrating Disney animation, Animator's Palate includes an innovative dinner "show" starring your favorite Disney characters.
- Enchanted Garden. Recalling the gardens of Versailles, Enchanted Garden boasts a market-inspired menu of tasty dishes from around the world, for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and an environment that magically transforms from day to night over the course of the dining experience.
- Royal Court is a rotational dining restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Inspired by the classic Disney films Cinderella, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Beauty and the Beast and Sleeping Beauty, the décor and atmosphere of Royal Court is like a fairy tale.
- Cabanas is an indoor/outdoor casual dining restaurant that serves a variety of fresh food favorites. During breakfast and lunch, Cabanas offers the finest in made-to-order dining; at dinnertime, Cabanas is transformed into an elegant table-service restaurant serving Main Dining specialties.
- Palo is an intimate Adult Exclusive restaurant that serves traditional Northern Italian cuisine nightly. Along with its exquisite cuisine and upscale atmosphere, Palo offers ocean views and an elegant decor--a perfect romantic setting for Guests 18 years of age or older.
- Remy is a romantic Adult Exclusive restaurant that serves the finest in French-inspired cuisine for dinner. Offering the most elegant dining experience on board, Remy boasts sweeping ocean views and a warm, sophisticated decor, the perfect intimate setting for guests 18 years of age and older.
- Disney Cruise Line Room Service is available 24 hours a day, for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
Lounges & nightlife
- Disney Cruise Line nightclubs and lounges aboard Disney Fantasy are wondrously themed areas where adults and kids can dance, enjoy live music and participate in games and activities.
- Bon Voyage is a cozy bar where families can enjoy a refreshing beverage or snack throughout the day.
- Cove Cafe, an adults-only lounge is a cheerful hangout where adults can enjoy a cocktail, gourmet coffee or snack while perusing a magazine, watching television or surfing the Internet.
- Currents is an outdoor bar that boasts a panoramic view located on Deck 13, Forward where Guests can relax with a refreshing beverage amid the warm ocean breezes.
- La Piazza is a chic adults-only lounge inspired by picturesque Italian cities and their decorative plazas, La Piazza is the perfect place for adults to relax after an action-packed day.
- Meridian is an adults-only lounge located on deck 12, toward the rear of the ship , where guests can enjoy an aperitif or a post-dinner drink and visit the adjacent cigar bar on the outside deck. The Meridian name is in reference to the venue's location, which is located between Palo and Remy.
- Vista Cafe serves beverages and snacks throughout the day. It's the perfect place for guests to enjoy coffee and a pastry in the morning and a pre- or post-dinner or live-show cocktail at night.
- Waves is a laid-back, open-air bar located on Deck 12, Aft. The venue provides a breezy, scenic vantage point where guests can unwind.
- O'Gills Pub is a rollicking Irish bar with dark wood, brass accents and a selection of Irish beers.
- The Tube is an adults-only nightclub complete with an illuminated Union Jack dance floor, 'mod' furniture, popular cocktails and four iconic English phone booths.
- Ooh La La is an adults-only lounge reminiscent of an elegant French boudoir and features Louis XIV chaises, velvet-tufted walls, Victorian furniture, ornate mirrors and more.
Staterooms on board the Disney Fantasy feature contemporary amenities, room for the family and elegant nautical decor. Most boast split bathrooms, ideal for families and a cruise line industry first.
How about you? Have you sailed on Disney Fantasy? We'd love to hear about your experience or see your photos!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- The Disney Fantasy is approximately 40% larger than the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder.
- The centerpiece of the 3-deck atrium lobby is a bronze sculpture of Mademoiselle Minnie Mouse.
- Original paintings, statues and woodwork that lend to the Art Nouveau ambiance.
- Enjoy Disney-themed kids clubs, areas and immersive interactive programs and activities.