On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Disney Dream: Family & fun are headliners
As the third ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet, Disney Dream boasts 14 towering decks of high-octane fun for the whole family. The ship, which resembles an ocean liner from the past (the signature red funnel is a giveaway) is 1,115 feet long and measures 128,000 gross registered tons. There are 1,250 staterooms that can accommodate 4,000 passengers.
Building on the classic style of the previous two ships, Disney Magic and Disney Wonder, Disney Dream is a vessel distinguished for its classic early 20th-century design, harking back to the golden age of cruising, and its state-of-the-art technology. The cruise ship was specially designed with families in mind, combining sleek style and convenient facilities with fun rides such as the AquaDuck, the very first water coaster at sea.
Who will like sailing on Disney Dream
Families will enjoy combining the ease of cruising with the family-fun vibe found at Disney theme parks. However, sailing on a Disney Cruise is not all about character greetings and Mickey Mouse. Disney Dream sports a lot of amenities such as kids clubs, deck parties and water slides, but there is also an adults-only restaurant, pool, coffee bar and cosmopolitan sky bar, boasting sweeping views.
Where Disney Dream sails
Home port: Port Canaveral (Orlando), Florida
Destinations: Disney Dream sails primarily in and around the Bahamas. A four-day cruise begins in Port Canaveral and sails to Castaway Cay and Nassau, the Bahamas.
Disney offers rotational dining, which means that you and your servers travel to the various venues on the ship. Dining aboard Disney Dream features diverse menus and wondrously themed restaurants.
- Animator's Palate: Animator's Palate is a Main Dining restaurant located on Deck 3, aft aboard Disney Dream that serves dinner. Inspired by the magic of Disney animation, Animator's Palate includes a unique dinner show starring some of your favorite Disney characters.
- Enchanted Garden: Enchanted Garden on Disney Dream is a Main Dining restaurant located on Deck 2, midship that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Inspired by the luxurious gardens of Versailles, Enchanted Garden magically transforms from day to night.
- Royal Palace: Inspired by classic Disney fairy tale films like Cinderella, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast, Royal Palace serves French-inspired, continental cuisine fit for a king or queen for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Main Dining restaurant located on Deck 3, midship.
- Cabanas: Cabanas is an indoor/outdoor casual dining restaurant located on Deck 11, aft on Disney Dream that serves a culinary confection of fresh food favorites. At breakfast and lunch, Cabanas boasts features made-to-order dining; at dinnertime, the restaurant is transformed into a table-service dining room serving Main Dining specialties.
- Palo: This adults-only restaurant located on Deck 12, aft boasts Northern Italian cuisine for dinner nightly. Along with its rich cuisine and upscale atmosphere, Palo offers sweeping ocean views and an elegant decor-a perfect romantic setting.
- Remy: Remy is another adults-only restaurant located on Deck 12, aft aboard Disney Dream. The upscale restaurant serves French-inspired cuisine for dinner.
Besides Broadway-caliber live productions shows starring some of your favorite Disney Characters in the Walt Disney Theater, there are first-run movies in the Buena Vista Theater, great in-room TV programming, live shows, action-packed deck parties and opportunities to meet and greet your favorite Disney characters. Here's a rundown of some of the shows you can enjoy on Disney Dream:
- Disney's Believe: This Broadway-style production stars more than 20 celebrated Disney Characters in a heartfelt musical extravaganza. The show takes place in the Walt Disney Theater on Decks 3 and 4.
- Buena Vista Theater: One of two large theater venues on Disney Dream, Buena Vista Theater is a lavish cinema located at Deck 4 and 5, Midship that screens first-run films — some in Disney Digital 3D — and other popular motion pictures.
- Character Greetings: Kids and adults can meet and greet Disney Characters, both in designated places and during special surprise appearances.
- The Golden Mickeys: The Golden Mickeys is a musical live show that celebrates the star in us all, which plays aboard Disney Dream on Decks 3 and 4 in the Walt Disney Theater.
- Villains Tonight!: Villain's Tonight! is a comedic, revue-style live show starring Disney villains that plays on Decks 3 and 4 in the Walt Disney Theater.
- The Walt Disney Theater: The second of the two large theater spaces on Disney Dream, the Walt Disney Theater is an enormous live performance setting that presents original Disney live shows, as well as first-run and digital 3D movies. It is located at Deck 3 and 4, Forward.
Bars & lounges
Disney Cruise Line nightclubs and lounges aboard Disney Dream are wondrously themed areas where adults and kids can dance, enjoy live music and participate in games and activities.
- 687: A contemporary sports bar on Deck 4, Aft in The District area on Disney Dream, 687 is a sophisticated yet friendly venue where families can partake in activities and games during the day, and adults can unwind with a cocktail at night.
- Bon Voyage: A relaxing lounge on Deck 3, Midship aboard Disney Dream, Bon Voyage is a cozy bar where families can enjoy a refreshing beverage or snack throughout the day.
- Cove Cafe: An adults-only lounge on Deck 11, Forward aboard Disney Dream, Cove Cafe is a cheery hangout where adults can enjoy a cocktail, gourmet coffee or snack while perusing a magazine, watching television or surfing the Internet.
- Currents: A bar located on Deck 13, Forward aboard Disney Dream, Currents is a sunny spot with a scenic view where guests can sit back and relax while sipping a refreshing cocktail.
- District Lounge: A lively bar located on Deck 4, Aft in The District area aboard Disney Dream, District Lounge is an intimate night spot with an attractive modern design. During the day, guests of all ages can enjoy a variety of refreshing beverages, while at night, adults are invited to mingle over mixed drinks.
- Evolution Lounge: This dance club located on Deck 4, Aft in The District section on Disney Dream, is a butterfly-themed hotspot celebrating all styles of music. During the day, guests of all ages can partake in a number of fun-filled games and activities, while at night, adults are invited to dance, enjoy a mixed drink or sing karaoke.
- Meridian Bar: This adults-only bar located on Deck 12, Aft next to Palo is a charming night spot inspired by the pioneering days of sea travel, where guests can enjoy a pre- or post-dinner cocktail in an indoor ocean-view setting or breezy outdoor deck.
- Pink: Pink, an adults-only bar in an elegant nightspot designed to look like the inside of a Champagne bottle, is where adults can savor a cocktail and kick back.
- Skyline: The adults-only cocktail lounge that looks like a cosmopolitan sky bar boasts sweeping views of some of the world's most famous cities. Here, adults can savor a selection of fine beverages.
- Vista Cafe: You can enjoy coffee and a pastry in the morning and a pre- or post-live show cocktail at night at Vista Cafe.
- Waves: A sunny bar located on Deck 12, Aft aboard Disney Dream, Waves is a breezy spot where guests of all ages can relax with a chilled beverage.
Senses Spa & Salon
The exquisite Senses Spa & Salon provides therapeutic and beautifying personal care services for men and women in a calming haven, spanning Decks 11 and 12, Forward of Disney Dream. The ultimate in peaceful retreats, this setting offers spa treatments, massages, body wraps, facials, aromatherapy and much more. Salon services include manicures, pedicures, hairstyling and blowouts, plus teeth whitening at the Smile Spa, and a barber shop for traditional men's grooming services.
Disney Cruise Line Fitness Center is a large exercise facility with an expansive ocean view, located on Deck 11, Forward of Disney Dream. Located between the Salon and Rainforest Room, you can make the most of the state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment and weight machines, as well as numerous classes and seminars offering aerobics, yoga and Pilates instruction. For a fee of $75, you can schedule a one-on-one 60-minute session with a personal trainer.
Goofy's Sports Deck
Goofy's Sports Deck on Disney Dream is an all-ages, open-air activity center located on Deck 13, Aft. Featuring a miniature golf course, virtual sports simulators and a basketball or volleyball court, it's the perfect place for kids, teens and adults to partake in active recreational fun while on board — as well as enjoy the spectacular seaside views from high atop the ship.
Pools are a central hangout on Disney Dream. There are three themed freshwater pools — one for kids, one for adults and one for families — and an exciting standalone water slide open each day.
- AquaDuck: Take a ride on this thrilling water coaster. In a cruise industry first, guests are propelled at high speeds from Deck 12, Aft through an acrylic tube on a journey up, down, around and off the side of the ship, through the Forward Funnel and — following a mammoth drop — into a lazy river.
- Donald's Pool: One of three freshwater pools on Disney Dream, it is designed for families and located on Deck 11, Midship. Guests can enjoy a dip in the pool's refreshing water or relax poolside where they can soak up some sun.
- Mickey's Pool: Another one of three freshwater pools on Disney Dream is the children's pool shaped like Mickey Mouse that's located at Deck 11, Midship. Designed for young kids, this sparkling pool features Mickey Mouse's happy face at the pool bottom and has a maximum depth of two feet.
- Quiet Cove Pool: An adults-exclusive pool located at Deck 11, Forward. Luxuriate in a calming environment in this sparkling-blue pool that's designed for guests 18 years of age and older. With its unique interlocking circular design, Quiet Cove Pool offers varying depths of up to 4 feet in spots. It is a great place for adults to cool off and mingle with other grownups, while away from the kids.
Disney Dream offers a wide variety of choices if you're looking for a safe, interactive, entertaining and enriching youth program. Keep in mind you'll pay a little more, though. Disney Cruise Line provides Disney-themed kids clubs, areas and immersive interactive programs and activities designed to allow your child's imagination to soar.
It's A Small World Nursery
Located on Deck 5 at midship on Disney Dream is a nursery for children ages three months to three years. The whimsical design was inspired by the classic Disneyland attractions. This nursery is available at an additional charge.
Disney's Oceaneer Club
A children's activity center is located on Deck 5 midship on Disney Dream. It is the perfect place for kids to immerse themselves in imaginative worlds created by Disney, perform on stage, play games and enjoy a wide variety of supervised activities.
Disney's Oceaneer Lab
Located on Deck 5, Midship, Disney's Oceaneer Lab is an area designed for children and is dedicated to adventure and exploration. It's an ideal place for children to play games, perform educational experiments and enjoy a wide variety of supervised activities throughout the day. A seemingly endless supply of toys, games and Disney movies make Disney's Oceaneer Lab the perfect oasis at sea.
Vibe is an indoor/outdoor teens-only lounge, located on Disney Dream on Deck 5, Forward. Open throughout the day, it is the ideal place for teens ages 14 to 17 to hang out, kick back and make new friends.
This loft-style lounge is exclusive to tweens — children 11 to 13 years of age — and is located on Deck 13, Forward Funnel on Disney Dream. Operating hours vary occasionally, so while onboard, please check your Personal Navigator, the Disney Cruise Line daily newsletter detailing all there is to see and do, for specific times.
An action-packed video arcade located on Deck 11, Aft. Adjacent to Cabanas, the arcade offers a variety of the latest interactive video games, plus several thrilling classics such as pinball and air hockey. Guests of all ages are invited to compete against each other and partake in some high-tech video fun.
How about you? Have you cruised on Disney Dream? We'd love to hear about your experience.
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- The Disney Dream is approximately 40% larger than the Disney Magic or the Disney Wonder
- Entertainment galore includes Broadway-style Disney live shows held in the the Walt Disney Theater
- Date night! Book a table for two at Palo, an Italian specialty restaurant
- Take a walk on the wildside and ride AquaDuck, the very first water coaster at sea
- Family-themed games and events include family nightclub, deck parties and scavenger hunts