On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Celebrity Summit: New style & venues after a dazzling revitalization
Celebrity Summit pairs Celebrity Cruises' widely recognized Millennium-class attributes with many of the most popular venues on the line's stylish, award-winning Solstice-class fleet. Summit's recent multimillion-dollar modernization efforts brought her up to brand standards. Some of the enhancements include new AquaClass staterooms, the addition of Qsine restaurant and Crush, a popular ice bar concept.
At 91,000 gross registered tons and a capacity for 2,034 passengers, this large ship has space to roam, but the ship is not so big that you will get lost getting back to your stateroom.
Who will like sailing on Celebrity Summit
If you love great food, contemporary interior design and fab service, then choose Celebrity Summit. Although the cruise line was once a favorite of baby boomers, there are quite a lot of millennials who find the atmosphere more conducive to their lifestyle. Regardless of your age, there's something on board for everyone.
Where Celebrity Summit sails
Celebrity Summit offers a diverse number of itineraries in and around North America. The ship sails to the Southern Caribbean as well as Bermuda on six- to eight-night excursions. Plus, it offers a 14-night cruise that explores port cities in New England and Eastern Canada.
Best bets for dining
Get your taste buds ready because dining on Celebrity Summit will please even the pickiest eaters.
- Cosmopolitan Restaurant: The meals in this main dining room are included in your cruise fare.
- Blu Restaurant: This specialty restaurant is the exclusive dining venue for all AquaClass guests, serving healthy fare in a sophisticated and soothing atmosphere.
- The Normandie: For an additional charge ($40), this restaurant features French-inspired cuisine.
- Qsine: This restaurant experience awakens your palate through a modern and playful approach to memorable dishes from around the world that are artistically presented with elements of surprise and delight. This culinary journey turns the ordinary upside down and inside out for an additional charge ($40).
- Cafe a Bacio: With ocean views and a central location, this European coffee house offers a selection of specialty coffees, tasty liqueurs and freshly baked pastries. The adjacent Gelateria offers a variety of Italian ices and gelatos prepared with an artistic touch. The additional cost is well worth it.
- Bistro on Five: Simplicity at its best, the Bistro on Five features a variety of delicious sandwiches, salads, crepes and desserts for both lunch and dinner. The light, fresh fare is complemented by an airy design and wonderful ocean views for a small additional cost.
After a long day exploring ports of call, who does not want to kick back and enjoy a refreshing drink?
- Get a cozy table for two at Crush, the cozy alcove off the Martini Bar where you can relax around an ice-filled table while you sample caviar and vodka pairings well into the night.
- Be inspired at the Martini Bar. The sleek, frosted main bar is a great place to let your martini flight stay nice and cold.
- Love wine? Try Cellar Masters, a wine bar that is inspired by the vineyards of Napa Valley. You'll discover new wines, receive recommendations and enrich your knowledge of the world of wine.
- Celebrity Cruises offers three Broadway-caliber production shows per night. Guests seated at the first dining (6:15 pm) can attend the early show, while guests seated at the second dining (8:30 pm) can attend the late show. In the ship's intimate lounges and night clubs, guests can find a parade of talented comics, song stylists and musicians.
- The disco is available for guests 18 and up. If you have kids between the ages of 13 and 17, there is also a teen disco.
- Duty-free shopping can be a fun way to pass the time when the ship is at sea.
- Rendez-Vous Lounge features cabaret acts and comedians.
- Michael's Club offers Cigars and Cognac.
- Summit Observation Lounge offers panoramic views, piano music and dancing.
- The cinema shows first-run movies.
- Fortunes Casino entertains guests with blackjack, roulette and craps.
- Watch first-run movies on your stateroom TV.
- Explore the port on your own or on an organized shore excursion.
- Participate in a special events like get-togethers for honeymooners and singles or special theme parties.
There is a large assortment of activities aboard Celebrity Summit, whether you're swimming a couple laps in one of the three pools, basking in a day at the Aqua Spa with steam rooms or catching up on a little reading in the library. There's no need to worrying about the children either. There are plenty of things for them, including a kid's pool and a video arcade filled with games to keep them occupied while you enjoy your cruise.
Staterooms are put into different categories based on size and amenities as well as the location on the cruise ship.
All staterooms have a 20-inch Sony interactive television, direct-dial telephone and voice mail, safe, hair dryer, cotton bath robes and mini-bar. Suite accommodations include welcome champagne, personal computer and printer, personalized stationery and butler service.
Have you cruised on Celebrity Summit? What was the highlight? I'd love to hear about your experience or see any photos you took.
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Outdoor swimming pool and four whirlpools for relaxation
- Family-friendly children's pool and whirlpool
- Deck sports include basketball, golf simulator, shuffleboard and jogging
- AquaSpa with full-service treatments
- Fully equipped fitness center and aerobics classes
- Thalassotherapy pool, beauty salon, sauna and steam room
- Enjoy before-dinner drinks at Crush, an ice-topped bar