Crystal Cruises has sold out — and garnered a ton of publicity for— its 32-day Northwest Passage voyage starting Aug. 16, 2016, from Alaska to New York. And now Crystal has added a second journey on Crystal Serenity through the historic route for August 2017. Get Limited-time 2-for-1 Cruise-Only Fares PLUS up to $2,000 in Exclusive Savings per person ($4,000 per stateroom) when you book through Cruiseable. All-inclusive fares start at $21,855 per person, double occupancy, for this a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Crystal Cruises (☆☆☆☆☆) is considered the best in ultra-luxury cruising, particularly aboard a midsize ship. This is an expensive but remarkable journey, and if you have the free time and resources, it's well worth considering. There are few opportunities on the planet to get this close to nature for a sustained period — especially a trip with the luxury and comfort that Crystal is known for as well as an all-star supporting cast of experts.
Cruiseable will award you $1,000 to $2,000 in Instant Savings per person to be applied immediately to your shipboard statement — but only if you book with Cruiseable. The amount of savings depends on the stateroom category you choose. Claim your Bonus at 1-877-322-3773.
You must book by Aug. 31, 2016, but hurry, this sailing, too, will sell out.
When: Begins in Seward, Alaska, on Aug. 15, 2017. Ends in New York City on Sept. 16.
Ship: The gorgeous 1,070-passenger ultra-luxury ship Crystal Serenity.
The onboard experience
- Complimentary select fine wines, champagne and premium spirits
- Complimentary gratuities for all dining, bar, housekeeping and Penthouse butler staff
- Complimentary specialty restaurant dining at Silk Road, the Sushi Bar and Prego. Exclusively for this exciting voyage only, enjoy 4 (four) complimentary specialty dining experiences in Silk Road or the Sushi Bar and 4 (four) complimentary specialty dining experiences in Prego.
- Complimentary enrichment with classes in diverse topics such as world affairs, art, wine appreciation, digital photography and iPad filmmaking; free Wi-Fi and Internet access.
- Complimentary fitness programs with classes in yoga, mat Pilates, Spinning, and so much more
The Northwest Passage experience
Crystal has recruited an all-star cast of marine biologists, divers, climatologists and naturalists to help passengers understand the sights and scenery of the Last Frontier — a truly once-in-a-lifetime adventure with informative insights on the distinct characteristics of life in the polar region. "Having just cruised in Alaska, I can tell you it’s worth the trip," says Cruiseable travel journalist Patti Pietschmann.
The route holds historical and cultural significance. Crystal Serenity will traverse the Arctic Ocean from Seward (near Anchorage) Alaska to New York City via the legendary route (500 miles north of the Arctic Circle), first completed successfully by Roald Amundsen more than 100 years ago.
On shore Crystal is working with the experts from Expedition Voyage Consultants while Crystal Serenity’s escort vessel, the RRS Ernest Shackleton, will carry additional guides and crew. On board Crystal Serenity, guests will enjoy interactive and illuminating presentations from 21 guest scientists, adventurers and lecturers with a collective repertoire of conservation, education and destination immersion that spans decades and several fields of study, including:
- Marine biologist & naturalist Linda Nicklin. A Certified Interpretive Trainer with the Association for Interpretation, she's an expert in immersing people in the nature of a destination.
- Arctic marine mammal ecologist Lois Harwood. With a 30+-year portfolio of work encompassing the behavior and distribution of marine mammals.
- Dive master Justin Hofman. A marine biologist and lifelong student of wildlife behavior, Justin will dive to capture images and video of the underwater world, using a Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV), to be shared with guests in onboard presentations.
Conservation & Animal Behavior
- Polar bear specialist Tom Smith. Holding a PhD from McGill University’s Marine Science Centre and having pioneered innovative research on polar bears and the Ringed Seal of the Canadian Arctic, Tom offers a focus on environmental impact in polar regions.
- Naturalist Art Sowls. With nearly four decades of experience in marine conservation, he works as a biologist for the national Park Service and Alaska Maritime national Wildlife Refuge.
- Geologist & climatologist Henry Pollack. He's a Professor of Geophysics (emeritus) at the University of Michigan and Chair of the International Heat Flow Commission, with specialty in global climate change.
- Geologist Tom Sharpe. Hailing from Glasgow, he has 30 years’ geological experience working for the National Museum of Wales and interpreting the geology of regions from the Arctic to the Antarctic.
- Inuit Guides. A team of local wildlife guides from Arctic communities will accompany the voyage to provide local perspectives and expertise of the lands being visited.
- Expedition leader Tim Soper. A professional expedition leader with over two decades of experience in the polar regions, he will lead the team and manage expedition operations during the Northwest Passage voyage.
- Polar explorer Sigrid Henjun. An outdoor professional in a wide realm of specialties, including mountaineering, kayaking and cycling, he has also climbed South America’s highest peaks and circumnavigated the globe by kayak.
- Arctic guide Laali Berthelsen. A native of Nuuk, Greenland, Laali has several years’ experience managing logistics for boat and helicopter expeditions throughout the world.
- Expedition videographer Kevin Freeny. A celebrated travel videographer with an additional background in commercial post-production, Kevin has captured journeys through the Galapagos, Rwanda, China, Antarctica, Alaska, the High Arctic and Greenland.
- Expedition logistics experts Linnea Soper & Saskia Travert. Experts in the logistics of expeditions to the Northwest Passage and Greenland, they will manage operations in these remote regions.
History & Culture
- Historians Ken Burton and Hector Williams. The Executive Director of the Vancouver Maritime Museum (Burton) and a classical archaeologist hailing from Churchill, Manitoba, the “polar bear capital of the world,” (Williams), offer collective expertise in history’s most extraordinary expeditions.
- Archaeologist Margaret Bertulli. She has three decades working in sites through the Canadian North and recording endangered polar bear research.
Ports of call
Itinerary includes the Northwest Territories (Canada), Greenland, Bar Harbor, Maine, Boston, Newport, Rhode Island and an overnight in New York City. For daily itinerary, see the Crystal site.
In addition to the onboard enrichment and educational opportunities, guests will benefit from guides’ expertise during shore-side adventures. And the ship’s captain will position the vessel to take advantage of impromptu “Unexpected Adventures,” including Zodiac outings to view glaciers, kayaking in protected bays, trekking the tundra with an expert guide, and helicopter flights to view the Arctic landscape from the air, favorable weather conditions permitting (none of which will be beyond the passengers' capabilities).
Likewise, the expedition teams will be on the lookout for wildlife sightings along the journey, and will alert guests to visible polar bears, whales and other wildlife whenever possible. Specialized viewing equipment on board will allow guests to experience wildlife sightings from the comfort of the vessel.
Reserve your spot now
Don't delay, reserve your spot now! Contact a Cruiseable travel professional to claim your Exclusive Savings up to $2,000. Call us at 1-877-322-3773 to speak to with a Crystal expert, or email us. (More than two people sailing? We can provide even greater savings.)
By booking with Cruiseable, we'll make sure you get the lowest price and best value for your luxury vacation dollar. Ask us about reduced air fare and accommodations if desired. Pay in full 180 days prior to departure and receive an additional 2.5% Early Full Payment savings.
Terms & conditions
Cruise-Only Fares and Book Now Savings apply to new bookings only made through 8/31/2016. Fares are per person in U.S. dollars, double occupancy and do not include cruise port, security and handling charges of $2,624 per person. Cruise-Only fares of $21,855 per person applies to category C3. 2-for-1 Fares are per person based on 50% of brochure fares. For this voyage exclusively, Crystal Cruises offers each guest the opportunity to dine 4 (four) times on a complimentary basis in Prego and 4 (four) times in Silk Road or the Sushi Bar. The first reservation can be made online at our Guest Priority Check-in and Planning Center. Additional complimentary reservations/experience must be made and confirmed on board the ship once the sailing begins and are on a space available basis. Additional reservations in excess of the 8 (total) complimentary dining experiences offered for this voyage, including "walk-in" visits are available at an additional cost of $30 per person, per dining experience, based on availability.
Optional Personal Select Air program is available for purchase from Crystal Cruises' designated gateway cities/airports in the U.S. and Canada, and include all government fees and taxes. Note: Early Full Payment savings does not apply to Personal Select Air. Call Crystal Cruises’ Air Services Department for details. Solo Traveler Fares are available at 200% of the double occupancy per person cruise fare for this voyage, subject to port security and handling charges, are capacity-controlled and subject to change at anytime. *Free Wi-fi/Internet access: Deluxe Stateroom (from category E2 - P1) and Penthouse with Verandah (PH) guests will receive 60 minutes per person, per day; Penthouse Suite with Verandah (PS) guests will receive 90 minutes per person, per day; Crystal Penthouse (CP) guests will receive unlimited free Wi-fi/internet for the duration of their cruise. Restrictions apply. All offers may not be combinable with other promotions, apply to first two full-fare guests in stateroom or suite, are capacity-controlled, subject to availability, and may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. Cruiseable is the public name of the Agile Travel Group. Questions? Please contact us.