How our Bliss Filters work
I get several travel magazines at home and I keep on top of the latest updates from web publications too. So I was intrigued to come across Fodor Travel's list of Top 10 places to go this summer.
It turned out that I agreed with three or four of their suggestions, while I didn't much care for the other half. (Not surprising, right? How many travelers would like all 10 recommendations from any publication?)
So I decided to put together this visual list of 10 places I think are worth a visit this summer, either by cruise ship, plane, train or automobile. Here's Fodor's list, with my own edits:
2. Guam (sorry, if I have to fly across the ocean for thousands of miles, it would be to Fiji, Tahiti or New Zealand) ... my pick: Melbourne
3. Lithuania (not at all interested) ... my pick: Quebec City
5. National parks (that's kind of cheating, Fodor's! So many parks) ... my pick: Snake River, Oregon
6. Normandy (too much trouble in most of Europe, but Scandinavia's been ) ... my pick: Norway
7. Philadelphia (I think we'll see enough of Philadelphia with the Democratic convention this month) ... my pick: New Orleans
8. San Sebastian, Spain (I'm not familiar with this place, i'm sure it's fine, but I'm sticking closer to North America for the most part) ... my pick: Ocho Rios, Jamaica
10. Stratford-upon-Avon (not at the top of my list) ... my pick: Cape Town
By the way, I like the selection of photos in Cruiseable's Gallery, nicer than the usual stock photos.