On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Star Pride: An authentic cruise experience
The power yacht Star Pride, which made its maiden voyage for Windstar Cruises in May 2014, has only 212 guests, just small enough to give you the feeling that you're on your own private sailing vessel almost as soon as you step aboard. The sitting area of your spacious, newly refurbished suite gives you an expansive ocean view.
When you're ready to make an appearance, the lounges, club, casino and library are waiting to be explored. Take some time for yourself in the tranquil WindSpa, enjoy a dip in the pool, work off that decadent dessert in the fitness center, or you are always welcome to visit the Bridge to examine navigation charts with the Captain.
Who will like sailing on Star Pride
Star Pride is large enough to pamper and entertain you, yet small enough to tuck into delightful tiny harbors and hidden coves that others cannot reach. This makes Star Pride an ideal ship for adventure travelers looking for a more authentic, away-from-it-all experience. On its Palaces and Pagodas tour, for instance, in and around Singapore, cruise passengers can kayak through tranquil mangroves, snorkel from charismatic beaches and pay their respects to the fascinating mix of cultures in Southeast Asia.
Where Star Pride sails
Star Pride sails in and around Southeast Asia and the Mediterranean on seven- to 14-day excursions. Top destinations this yacht visits is Singapore, Turkey and China. Its Southeast Asia Unveiled itinerary takes cruise passengers to Vietnam, where the ship will lie at anchor in stunning Halong Bay. From there, guests can travel ashore in small groups to shop at local markets and attend an intimate cooking class. Then, Star Pride will cruise to Hong Kong, where cruise passengers will be introduced to the fascinating history behind ancient Cham temples shrouded by jungle.
Top dining options
- AmphorA Restaurant: The signature fine-dining restaurant indulges your palate with an exquisite range of five-star dishes. Each meal is a delicious adventure, with fresh-from-local-market specialties to celebrated culinary favorites.
- Veranda: This is the perfect place for breakfast and lunch, kissed by gentle sea breezes in the open-air terrace. Enjoy the bounty of Windstar's legendary buffets with dozens of signature touches like daily smoothie specials, or order your meal individually prepared to your taste.
- Candles: The Veranda transforms in the evening into on-deck candlelight dining with favorite seafood and steakhouse grilled specialties matched by a romantic ambiance.
- The Yacht Club: A Windstar favorite, this is a wonderful option for casual dining. Gourmet sandwiches, snacks and beverages are available throughout the day and evening.
Star Pride is your yacht to enjoy as you choose. Got some energy to burn? Rev it up in the fitness center or choose your sport from the onboard Marina where use of watersports equipment is complimentary. Feeling lucky? The Casino offers almost any game of chance you'd like to try.
When the crew drops anchor, the reefs and caves are yours to explore, or you can simply swim in a tranquil cove. You can also go ashore and shop for treasures, join an excursion deep into a rainforest or wander a medieval city.
All 106 staterooms have ocean views and luxurious Egyptian cotton linens on the queen bed (that can be separated into twins if you prefer). The spacious bath features granite counter tops, a full-size tub and a shower. L’Occitane bath products invite you to indulge, while comfy waffle-weave robe and slippers entice you to relax.
You’ll find fresh fruit and flowers always waiting for you after a day of sun or sightseeing. A flat-screen television and DVD, Bose SoundDock, wireless Internet access and private safe also help make your stay more enjoyable.
How about you? Have you sailed on the new Star Pride? We'd love to hear about your experience or see your photos!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Gaming in Vegas-style casino
- Rejuvenating with a relaxing massage at WindSpa
- Ocean views in all staterooms
- Access to a variety of water sports equipment