On a cruise ship
Star Pride: Authentic experiences on a high-end yacht
The power yacht Star Pride from Windstar Cruises has room for only 312 guests, just small enough to give you the feeling that you're on your own private sailing vessel as soon as you step aboard. The sitting area of your spacious suite gives you an expansive ocean view.
When you're ready to make an appearance, the lounges, club, casino and library are waiting to be explored. Take some time for yourself in the tranquil WindSpa, enjoy a dip in the pool, work off that decadent dessert in the fitness center, or you are always welcome to visit the Bridge to examine navigation charts with the captain.
What's more, in early 2021 the ship underwent a $4.5 million refurbishment that included expanded owner’s suites, 12 new triple suites and new remodeled public spaces including the fitness center, library, screening rooms and dining venues.
Who will like sailing on Star Pride
Star Pride is large enough to pamper and entertain you, yet small enough to tuck into delightful tiny harbors and hidden coves that others cannot reach. This makes Star Pride an ideal ship for adventure travelers looking for a more authentic, away-from-it-all experience.
Where Star Pride sails
Star Pride sails to charming small ports in the Caribbean (think: Basse-Terre, Îles Des Saintes, Falmouth), Mediterranean (Lisbon, Casablanca, Rhodes, Cadiz) and Northern Europe.
Top dining options
- AmphorA Restaurant: The signature fine-dining restaurant indulges your palate with an exquisite range of five-star dishes. Each meal is a delicious adventure, with fresh-from-local-market specialties to celebrated culinary favorites.
- Star Grill: This new addition is an al fresco barbecue spot by grilling guru Steven Raichlen. Think Carolina pulled pork, Kansas City-style ribs and Thai chicken satay with peanut sauce.
- Cuadro 44: The second new addition is this Spanish small plates restaurant by Anthony Sasso, one of the youngest chefs to earn a Michelin star.
- Veranda: This is the perfect place for breakfast and lunch, kissed by gentle sea breezes in the open-air terrace. Enjoy the bounty of Windstar's legendary buffets with dozens of signature touches like daily smoothie specials, or order your meal individually prepared to your taste.
- Candles: The Veranda transforms in the evening into on-deck candlelight dining with favorite seafood and steakhouse grilled specialties matched by a romantic ambiance.
- The Yacht Club: A Windstar favorite, this is a wonderful option for casual dining. Gourmet sandwiches, snacks and beverages are available throughout the day and evening.
Star Pride is your yacht to enjoy as you choose. Got some energy to burn? Rev it up in the fitness center or choose your sport from the onboard Marina where use of watersports equipment is complimentary. Feeling lucky? The Casino offers almost any game of chance you'd like to try.
When the crew drops anchor, the reefs and caves are yours to explore, or you can simply swim in a tranquil cove. You can also go ashore and shop for treasures, join an excursion deep into a rainforest or wander a medieval city.
All staterooms have ocean views and luxurious Egyptian cotton linens on the queen bed (that can be separated into twins if you prefer). The spacious bath features granite counter tops, a full-size tub and a shower. L’Occitane bath products invite you to indulge, while comfy waffle-weave robe and slippers entice you to relax.
You’ll find fresh fruit and flowers always waiting for you after a day of sun or sightseeing. A flat-screen television and DVD, Bose SoundDock, wireless Internet access and private safe also help make your stay more enjoyable.
Here's the breakdown of cabins on board:
- Owner's Suites: 4, with private verandas
- Classic Suites: 2, with private verandas
- Dexluxe Suites: 3, 2 with French-style balconies
- Star Balcony Suites: 22, with French-style balconies
- Balcony Suites: 36, with French-style balconies
- Star Ocean View Suites: 21, with picture windows
- Ocean View Suites: 58, with picture windows
- Star Porthole Suites: 10
How about you? Have you sailed on Star Pride? We'd love to hear about your experience or see your photos!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
If you're interested in a cruise on Star Pride, contact a Cruiseable travel consultant at 1-877-322-3773 or by email. We can usually offer a better deal than you can get by contacting the cruise line directly.
Top highlights on this ship
- Gaming in Vegas-style casino
- Rejuvenating with a relaxing massage at WindSpa
- Ocean views in all staterooms
- Access to a variety of water sports equipment