On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Windstar's Star Legend: A power yacht sets sail
Windstar Cruises took possession of Star Legend in May 2015 and it's now one of Windstar's three new power yachts. With just 212 guests, you'll feel as if Star Legend is your own private yacht when you step aboard. For additional luxury, the recently refurbished suites provide an expansive ocean view from the sitting area, making it a welcome retreat.
Who will like sailing on Star Legend
Star Legend is large enough to pamper and entertain you, yet small enough to tuck into delightful tiny harbors and hidden coves that others cannot reach. This makes Star Legend an ideal ship for adventure travelers looking for a more authentic, away-from-it-all experience.
Where Star Legend sails
Star Legend sails to Northern Europe, including Iceland, as well as the Mediterranean. Her itineraries include the 11-day “Land of the Midnight Sun” between Reykjavík, Iceland and Copenhagen, Denmark.
Top dining options
- AmphorA Restaurant: The signature fine-dining restaurant indulges your palate with a wide range of five-star dishes. Each meal is a delicious adventure, with fresh-from-local-market specialties to celebrated culinary favorites.
- Veranda: This is an ideal place for breakfast and lunch, with its open-air terrace. Enjoy the bounty of Windstar's buffets with dozens of signature touches like daily smoothie specials, or order your meal individually prepared to your taste.
- Candles: The Veranda transforms in the evening into on-deck candlelight dining with seafood and steakhouse grilled specialties matched by a romantic ambiance.
- The Yacht Club: This casual dining option features gourmet sandwiches, snacks and beverages available throughout the day and evening.
Star Legend is your yacht to enjoy as you choose. Got some energy to burn? Rev it up in the fitness center, or choose your sport from the onboard marina where use of water sports equipment is complimentary. Feeling lucky? The casino offers almost any game of chance you'd like to try.
When the crew drops anchor, the reefs and caves are yours to explore, or you can simply swim in a tranquil cove. You can also go ashore and shop for treasures, join an excursion deep into a rainforest or wander a medieval city.
Star Legend welcomes 212 pampered guests in 106 suites, including four deluxe Owners' Suites, two beautiful Classic Suites, and 100 Balcony and Ocean View suites.
Have you sailed on Star Legend? Please share a story, tip or discovery. What was the highlight? We would love to hear about your experience — please share!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Three whirlpools
- Windstar's open bridge policy
- Computer center
- Fitness center and spa
Top dining options on board