On a cruise ship
Windstar's Star Legend: Upscale sailing on a power yacht
Star Legend is one of the sleek, spiffy power yachts from Windstar Cruises. With just 312 guests, you'll feel as if Star Legend is your own private yacht when you step aboard. For additional luxury, its refurbished suites provide an expansive ocean view from the sitting area, making it a welcome retreat.
In 2020-2021 as part of a $250 million fleetwide project, the ship was lengthened by 85 feet and underwent a complete makeover, expanding from 212 to 312 guests and adding 50 suites. Two new standout features include an al fresco barbecue eatery and a Spanish small plates restaurant.
In addition, the main Amphora restaurant has been relocated and enlarged, while the Veranda restaurant, for breakfast and lunch, has more outdoor and ocean-view seating. Other changes include an enlarged spa and fitness center with sauna and steam rooms and a larger upper-deck pool and hot tub plus expanded outdoor areas for relaxing and sunbathing.
Who will like sailing on Star Legend
Star Legend is large enough to pamper and entertain you, yet small enough to tuck into delightful tiny harbors and hidden coves that others cannot reach. This makes Star Legend an ideal ship for adventure travelers looking for a more authentic, away-from-it-all experience.
Where Star Legend sails
Star Legend sails to a diverse set of popular and out-of-the-way ports in the Mediterranean (Málaga, Bordeaux, Málaga, Costa del Sol, Vigo, Bilbao), the Canary Islands, Northern Europe and the Caribbean.
Top dining options
- AmphorA Restaurant: The signature fine-dining restaurant indulges your palate with a wide range of five-star dishes. Each meal is a delicious adventure, with fresh-from-local-market specialties to celebrated culinary favorites.
- Star Grill: This new addition is an al fresco barbecue spot by grilling guru Steven Raichlen. Think Carolina pulled pork, Kansas City-style ribs and Thai chicken satay with peanut sauce.
- Cuadro 44: The second new addition is this Spanish small plates restaurant by Anthony Sasso, one of the youngest chefs to earn a Michelin star.
- Veranda: This is an ideal place for breakfast and lunch, with its open-air terrace. Enjoy the bounty of Windstar's buffets with dozens of signature touches like daily smoothie specials, or order your meal individually prepared to your taste.
- Candles: The Veranda transforms in the evening into on-deck candlelight dining with seafood and steakhouse grilled specialties matched by a romantic ambiance.
- The Yacht Club: This casual dining option features gourmet sandwiches, snacks and beverages available throughout the day and evening.
Star Legend is your yacht to enjoy as you choose. Got some energy to burn? Rev it up in the fitness center, or choose your sport from the onboard marina where use of water sports equipment is complimentary. Feeling lucky? The casino offers almost any game of chance you'd like to try.
When the crew drops anchor, the reefs and caves are yours to explore, or you can simply swim in a tranquil cove. You can also go ashore and shop for treasures, join an excursion deep into a rainforest or wander a medieval city.
All staterooms have ocean views and luxurious Egyptian cotton linens on the queen bed (that can be separated into twins if you prefer). The spacious bath features granite counter tops, a full-size tub and a shower. L’Occitane bath products invite you to indulge, while comfy waffle-weave robe and slippers entice you to relax.
You’ll find fresh fruit and flowers always waiting for you after a day of sun or sightseeing. A flat-screen television and DVD, Bose SoundDock, wireless Internet access and private safe also help make your stay more enjoyable.
Here's the breakdown of cabins on board:
- Owner's Suites: 4, with private verandas
- Classic Suites: 2, with private verandas
- Dexluxe Suites: 3, 2 with French-style balconies
- Star Balcony Suites: 22, with French-style balconies
- Balcony Suites: 36, with French-style balconies
- Star Ocean View Suites: 21, with picture windows
- Ocean View Suites: 58, with picture windows
- Star Porthole Suites: 10
Health & safety measures
Windstar has implemented a Beyond Ordinary Care program, a multi-layered strategy that includes HEPA filters and UV-C ultraviolet germicidal irradiation on board to filter and disinfect the air in cabins and public rooms. Electrostatic sprayers have been added to sanitize all surfaces throughout the yacht.
Have you sailed on Star Legend? Please share a story, tip or discovery. What was the highlight? We would love to hear about your experience — please share!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
If you're interested in a cruise on Star Legend, contact a Cruiseable travel consultant at 1-877-322-3773 or by email. We can usually offer a better deal than you can get by contacting the cruise line directly.
Top highlights on this ship
- Three whirlpools
- Windstar's open bridge policy
- Computer center
- Fitness center and spa