On a cruise ship
Star Breeze: All-suite accommodations at sea
Over the years Windstar Cruises has won an avid following attracted to its reputation for offering an intimate, boutique style of cruising. And that's quite evident on its Star Breeze power yacht.
Star Breeze offers an onboard experience that brings together the best of a private charter with the amenities of a larger ship. The ship’s lounges, club, casino and library are cozy spots in which to mingle with other guests and all accommodations are suites — if you like to enjoy a little quiet time in your cabin, your seating area will come in handy. Additional amenities include a gym, spa and an onboard sun deck with counter current pool and whirlpool and watersports gear that's free to use.
In 2019-2020, the ship was lengthened by 85 feet and underwent a complete makeover, expanding from 212 to 312 guests and adding 50 suites. Two new standout features include an al fresco barbecue eatery and a Spanish small plates restaurant.
In addition, the main Amphora restaurant has been relocated and enlarged, while the Veranda restaurant, for breakfast and lunch, has more outdoor and ocean-view seating. Other changes include an enlarged spa and fitness center with sauna and steam rooms and a larger upper-deck pool and hot tub plus expanded outdoor areas for relaxing and sunbathing.
Who will like sailing on Star Breeze
Star Breeze is perfect for anyone who wants to escape the madding crowds. Windstar Cruises' fleet is large enough to pamper and entertain you, yet small enough to tuck into tiny harbors and hidden coves that others cannot reach, which mean in many destinations you'll be the only ones in port. With accommodations for a maximum of 312 passengers, the onboard experience is much more intimate than on other ships.
If you like to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner but don’t spend all day sipping cocktails by the pool, you’ll appreciate Windstar’s pricing. While meals are all-inclusive, the bar isn't, which means your cruise package doesn’t cover someone else’s drinks bill.
Where Star Breeze sails
Star Breeze resumed voyages in June 2021 to small ports in the Caribbean. In fall and winter the ship sails to Tahiti, Bora Bora and Moorea in the South Pacific.
Top dining options
All meals on board Sea Breeze are complimentary in all venues at any of the dining times, including the room service menu available 24 hours. All non-alcoholic beverages, including cappuccino, espresso and other specialty non-alcoholic drinks, are also complimentary.
- AmphorA Restaurant: The signature fine-dining restaurant indulges your palate with an exquisite range of five-star dishes. Each meal is a delicious adventure, with fresh-from-local-market specialties to celebrated culinary favorites.
- Star Grill: This new addition is an al fresco barbecue spot by grilling guru Steven Raichlen. Think Carolina pulled pork, Kansas City-style ribs and Thai chicken satay with peanut sauce.
- Cuadro 44: The second new addition is this Spanish small plates restaurant by Anthony Sasso, one of the youngest chefs to earn a Michelin star.
- Veranda: This is the perfect place for breakfast and lunch, kissed by gentle sea breezes in the open-air terrace. Enjoy the bounty of Windstar's legendary buffets with dozens of signature touches like daily smoothie specials, or order your meal individually prepared to your taste.
- Candles: The Veranda transforms in the evening into on-deck candlelight dining with favorite seafood and steakhouse grilled specialties matched by a romantic ambiance.
- The Yacht Club: A Windstar favorite, this is a wonderful option for casual dining. Gourmet sandwiches, snacks and beverages are available throughout the day and evening.
Sea Breeze is your yacht to enjoy as you choose.The casino offers almost any game of chance you'd like to try and you can watch movies and play video games any time in the Star Screening Room. Compass Rose – featuring contemporary furnishings and plantation shutters – is the venue for pre- and post-dinner live music and if you have energy to burn, you can rev it up in the fitness center or on the waves with gear from the onboard Watersports Platform.
All staterooms have ocean views and luxurious Egyptian cotton linens on the queen bed (that can be separated into twins if you prefer). The spacious bath features granite counter tops, a full-size tub and a shower. L’Occitane bath products invite you to indulge, while comfy waffle-weave robe and slippers entice you to relax.
You’ll find fresh fruit and flowers always waiting for you after a day of sun or sightseeing. A flat-screen television and DVD, Bose SoundDock, wireless Internet access and private safe also help make your stay more enjoyable.
Here's the breakdown of cabins on board:
- Owner's Suites: 4, with private verandas
- Classic Suites: 2, with private verandas
- Dexluxe Suites: 3, 2 with French-style balconies
- Star Balcony Suites: 22, with French-style balconies
- Balcony Suites: 36, with French-style balconies
- Star Ocean View Suites: 21, with picture windows
- Ocean View Suites: 58, with picture windows
- Star Porthole Suites: 10
Cruise passengers are also always welcome to visit the bridge — just ask, and you may examine navigation charts with the captain.
Casual is king. You need only dress up if you want to.
Have you sailed on Star Breeze? Please share a story, tip or discovery. What was the highlight? We would love to hear about your experience — please share!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
If you're interested in a cruise on Star Breeze, contact a Cruiseable travel consultant at 1-877-322-3773 or by email. We can usually offer a better deal than you can get by contacting the cruise line directly.
Top highlights on this ship
- Shore excursions that introduce passengers to local culture
- Spa treatments at onboard WindSpa
- All-suite staterooms with ocean views
- Access to complimentary water sports equipment
- Fitness center
- Star Deck with loungers, counter-current pool and whirlpool
- Star Bar – a venue for casual drinks during the day and star-gazing by night