On a cruise ship
Valiant Lady: Sail the Mediterranean in sassy, classy style
Valiant Lady, the second ship from billionaire Richard Branson's upstart Virgin Voyages, is launched in March 2022 with cruises to some of the most exciting ports of call in the Mediterranean and Adriatic Seas starting.
The ship is nearly identical to its sleek sister ship Scarlet Lady, which debuted in August 2021. A midsize vessel that carries 2,770 passengers, Valiant Lady is for adults only — guests must be 18 or older.
Part of the Virgin brand is to flout convention, so you'll find several cruise ship staples have been jettisoned. There's no dress code, no set dining times and no cafeteria-style buffets.
On the ship, you can find your own space. If you enjoy music, try out the different venues for performers as well as the dance club the Manor. Or head to the Arcade, Gaming Room or the huge fitness center. Wellness is a constant theme on Virgin sailings, and yoga classes come at no extra charge.
You'll have more than 20 dining options on board, including high-end restaurants that you'd expect would cost a surcharge — but all meals are included in your base fare. Guests can pop into a champagne bar, a tap room and even a diner where they can snag a milkshake.
Travelers who like to try new experiences will be attracted to the flourishes and reimagined guest experiences aboard Scarlet Lady, as well as its cheeky twists on cruise line conventions.
Where Valiant Lady sails
Valiant Lady home ports just steps from Las Ramblas at the World Trade Center in Barcelona. This puts passengers as close to the heart of the port city as possible, meaning they can walk to the city's dynamic, diverse neighborhoods.
Valiant Lady sails throughout the Mediterranean, from the Canary Islands, Spain and Portugal to Belgium, the Netherlands and beyond as well as occasional jaunts to the Caribbean during the winter months.
When in port, guests have the flexibility to make the most of their stopover. For instance, all Western Med sailings feature a Friday overnight stay in Ibiza – perfect for a big night out. But Ibiza is also one of the most beautiful Balearic islands so if a big night out isn’t your scene, you can also enjoy a chilled beach day, bohemian markets or a serene spa.
More than $600 in value is included in every Resilient Lady fare:
- All tips are included — there's no charge for gratuities.
- All dining venues are complimentary with chef-curated experiences at 20+ eateries.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Unlimited group fitness classes
- Basic beverages like coffee, tea, water, soda and non-pressed juices come at no extra cost.
Dining is an experience on Valiant Lady — and all restaurants are included at no extra cost. In partnering with famed restaurateurs and Michelin-Starred chefs from New York City, Virgin has done away with buffets and pre-set dining times. Chefs pair fresh ingredients and vibrant flavors with distinctive culinary stylings to deliver elevated, diverse meals. On board you'll find:
- 20+ complimentary venues — with a bar in every speciality restaurant.
- No buffets. No main dining halls. No assigned seating.
- No single-use plastics are ever used on board.
- Every eatery has its own kitchen and an executive chef, and all food is fresh and made to order, never mass produced.
Top dining venues on Valient Lady include:
Razzle Dazzle: This “vegetarian-forward” venue — open for breakfast, lunch and dinner — lets you unleash your inner vegan with a host of veggie dishes as well as meat dishes for the carnivores in your party.
Extra Virgin: Look for regionally inspired Italian food and handmade fresh pasta and a meal where a wine menu of rich reds and playful whites is as central as the food.
Pink Agave: This Mexican hacienda eschews instant Mexican fare in favor of authentic dishes, including tlayudas, memelas, sopes, tortas, esquites and tamales — with plenty of vegetarian and gluten-free options, too.
Gunbae: A flameless grill sits in the middle of each guest table, a visual prompt to rustle up your own spicy Korean BBQ meal.
The Wake: This retro-style venue serves up steak and seafood in a setting that recalls the three-martini lunch days of Madison Avenue ad men — minus the cigar smoke and with more gender equality.
Valiant Lady offers a range of activities that appeal to both active travelers and those who just want to kick back. You'll find a pool — though one that's smaller than those found on similar sized ships — as well as a smoke-free casino and spa. Some highlights:
- Redemption Spa offers full amenities and treatments as well as a Thermal Suite — with a sauna, mud, salt and steam rooms, hydrotherapy pool and marble hammam benches. After hours Redemption turns into a hotspot with spa parties and DJ music.
- Group fitness classes: All yoga, HIIT, cycling, barre and other group classes are free.
- Outdoor fitness spaces: You'll find a training zone, running track and The Perch — for yoga at sunrise.
- B-Complex: This indoor facility features a space to build and balance (weights/yoga/stretch) and a space to bike and burn (cycling/rowing/running).
Entertainment & lounges
Guests can choose from a festival-like lineup of shows and musical performances. A renowed group of producers, directors, choreographers and artists have collaborated on productions on board described as immersive and contemporary — shows that blur the line between audience and performer. Shows take place in the Red Room, the ship's larger-than-life entertainment space and first-ever transformational, multi-form theater at sea.
Elsewhere on the ship you'll encounter unexpected pop-up performances and engaging happenings, including:
- The Manor: Nightclub acts
- Sip Lounge Champagne lounge
- On the Rocks: Martini and cocktail bar
- Loose Cannon: Social club
- Richard's Rooftop: This VIP bar on the top deck of the ship named after Richard Branson is reserved for the exclusive use of the ship's suite passengers and offers a full bar, chic circular loungers and a colorful light system.
- Virgin Voyages says the name of its second ship was inspired by the Latin word valere, derived from the French for vaillant, meaning bold, strong and courageous.
- Valiant Lady will continue Virgin Voyages’ Scarlet Squad program, aimed at recruiting, supporting and mentoring female shipboard talent and growing opportunities to access leadership roles in onboard areas such as marine, technical and hotel management that statistically show low numbers of female leadership.
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
For pricing, itinerary information and to reserve your spot on Valiant Lady, contact a Cruiseable travel consultant by email or call 1-877-322-3773.