On a cruise ship
Viking Mississippi: Rolling on the river in summer 2022
When it launches in August 2022, the 386-passenger Viking Mississippi will bring Viking's flair for understated Scandinavian design and stellar service to Mississippi river cruising.
The purpose-built vessel will operate voyages along the Lower and Upper Mississippi River, traveling from New Orleans to St. Paul, Minn., and points in between.
Guests on board are in for a generous dose of Americana with traditional culinary favorites and shore excursions that seek to convey the history of the region. All passengers will have outside staterooms with either true step-out balconies or French balconies.
Some of the amenities popularized on Viking's ocean ships are in store, such as the two-story Explorers' Lounge observation area, the Aquavit Terrace for dining and just hanging out; an infinity pool and sun deck; and a new area called the Bow, an outdoor seating area set in front of the Explorers' Lounge with sweeping views of the river.
Viking includes a lot in its basic fare, and that will the case on Viking Mississippi. There's no extra charge for beer, wine and soft drinks with lunch and dinner; specialty dining is complimentary; Wi-Fi access if free and guests get at least one complimentary shore excursion per day.
Where Viking Mississippi sails
During its various itineraries, the ship will call on ports in seven states, including Louisiana (Baton Rouge, Darrow, New Orleans and St. Francisville); Mississippi (Natchez and Vicksburg); Tennessee (Memphis); Missouri (Hannibal, St. Louis); Iowa (Burlington, Dubuque and Davenport); Wisconsin (La Crosse); and Minnesota (St. Paul and Red Wing).
Initial itineraries include:
- New Orleans & Southern Charms (8 days, New Orleans round trip)
- Heart of the Delta (8 days, New Orleans to Memphis)
- America’s Heartland (8 days, St. Louis to St. Paul)
- Mississippi Holiday Season (8 days, New Orleans to Memphis)
- America’s Great River, (15 days,S t. Paul to New Orleans)
Features & amenities
You'll find the following features and amenities on Viking Mississippi:
- Sun Terrace with Infinity Plunge Pool
- Aquavit Terrace, an indoor/outdoor viewing area for al fresco dining or an American barbecue experience
- Stroll the full 360-degree promenade deck for views of scenic landscapes and regional wildlife
- River Café, a new way to dine featuring American classics and Mamsen's Norwegian specialties
- The Explorers' Lounge and Bar with two-story panoramic views of the Mississippi
- The Bow, a quiet sitting area at the front of the ship
- Elevators throughout the ship
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Self-service launderettes and laundry service
- Intelligent energy-efficient propulsion systems produce less vibrations for a smoother ride
Viking Mississippi features 193 all-outside staterooms: 128 Veranda & Deluxe Veranda Staterooms, 8 French Balcony Staterooms, 24 Penthouse Veranda Staterooms, 16 Penthouse Junior Suites, 7 Terrace Suites, 10 Explorer Suites.
All suites feature two full-size rooms with a large veranda. Guests who book the Explorer Suites at 657 to 1,024 square feet will have a wraparound veranda and complimentary Silver Spirits Beverage Package.
All rooms feature a private balcony or French balcony, king-size bed with luxury linens, 42-inch flat-screen interactive TV, complimentary Movies On Demand, mini-bar, large glass-enclosed shower, heated bathroom floor and free 24-hour room service.
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Do you want to be one of the first to go rolling on the river? For pricing, itinerary information and to reserve your spot on Viking Mississippi, contact a Cruiseable travel consultant by email or call 1-877-322-3773.