On a cruise ship
Viking Beyla: Sail the Elbe from Prague to Berlin
Designed to sail the shallow Elbe River between Prague and Berlin, the 98-passenger Viking Beyla has been dubbed a "baby Longship" because it's about half the size of the standard 190-passenger Viking Longships.
Offering many of the same design elements as Viking's Longships, Viking Beyla features deluxe accommodations and streamlined Scandinavian interiors — all specially built to navigate the historic Elbe River.
Since entering the river cruise market, Viking River Cruises has received numerous awards for its itineraries, innovative ship designs and onboard programming.
Who will like sailing on Viking Beyla
Viking Beyla is ideal for travelers looking to explore the culture, art and history of the region.
Where Viking Beyla sails
Viking Beyla sails 10-day itineraries along the Elbe River. Discover the natural beauty of former East Germany’s landscape as you visit the palaces and gardens of the Saxon monarchs. Sail between the sandstone cliffs of Germany’s “Saxon Switzerland.” Your journey is bookended by nights in multicultural Berlin and beautiful Prague.
River cruising: It's about destination immersion
River cruising is about the destination probably more so than the ship. While enjoying the creature comforts of Viking Beyla, make sure to take advantage of opportunities to connect with local culture, history and highlights of the places that you visit. Don't be surprised to see local dishes on the menu or local entertainers sharing music, dancing and stories.
Viking Beyla has one restaurant with a casual yet elegant atmosphere. When Beyla is not scheduled to leave port until later in the evening, treat yourself to a night on the town and sample cuisine at a nearby restaurant (at your own expense, but a nice way to experience the local culture.)
For breakfast, there is a buffet with a lot of variety, allowing you can choose from a selection of pastries, cereals, breakfast meats, egg dishes, fresh fruit and selected cheeses. At lunch, select from the soup and sandwich bar, or a choice of entrées and dessert. And for dinner, expect a five-course menu with regional specialties.
You can also dine al fresco on the Aquavit Terrace.
Entertainment & activities
River cruising is very mellow. There are not any large production shows or comedy clubs. What you will enjoy is some light piano music played by the house musician and local entertainers who are brought onto the ship to sing, dance, or tell stories from the local perspective.
After dinner, you can hang out in the lounge and have an after-dinner drink or you can walk back into town if the ship is not leaving port until later in the evening.
This is curated from Viking River Cruises:
- All staterooms are outside with river view
- Veranda Suites are 250 square feet, have separate sleeping & sitting quarters, a full veranda & French balcony
- All Upper deck staterooms have a full veranda or French balcony
- Standard staterooms have two standard-size twin beds
- Private bathroom with shower & premium bath products; bathrobe & slippers upon request
- Flat-panel TV with CNBC, CNN, ESPN, FOX, National Geographic & more
- Telephone, safe & individual climate control
How about you? Have you sailed on Viking Beyla? We would love to hear about your experience — please share!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
For pricing, itinerary information or to reserve your spot on Viking Beyla, contact a Cruiseable travel consultant by email or call 1-877-322-3773.
Top highlights on this ship
- All staterooms are outside with a river view
- Observation lounge & bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors that lead to an open-air Aquavit Terrace
- Restaurant with windows for panoramic views
- All staterooms & suites have hotel-style beds with optional twin-bed configuration
- Veranda Suites are 250 square feet, have separate sleeping & sitting quarters, a full veranda & French balcony & 2 flat-panel TVs