On a cruise ship
River Baroness: Luxury cruising through majestic France
Uniworld's River Baroness was remodeled in 2011 and welcomes 118 passengers per cruise. The itineraries are famously French and meander through Normandy, Paris, the Atlantic Coast and Provence, to name a few Gallic greats. On a river cruise, you can expect to see the shoreline every day, get off of the ship every day, and enjoy a more comfortable setting with fewer passengers. Complimentary use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks allow cruise passengers to explore the surrounding countryside.
River Baroness has a crew of about 40, making the ratio of crew to passenger quite good. The crew has been described as a 'river family' and you will feel pampered and catered to on these intimate cruises.
Who will enjoy this cruise
Those who want to experience all that France has to offer, from decadent food and wine to breathtaking scenery and world-famous art and architecture.
Where River Baroness sails
Home port: Paris
Destinations: The Uniworld River Baroness sails the River Seine in France. Start your cruise in Paris then on to Vernon (Giverny), Rouen, Caudebec-en-Caux (Honfleur) and Mantes-la-Jolie (Versailles).
Open-seating dining offers fine French cuisine often using fresh regional ingredients and fabulous French wines. Dine on classic cuisine with a touch of contemporary elegance in the intimate main dining room. Breakfast and lunch are served buffet-style and dinner is single luxurious seating. Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water. Dress is resort casual with the exception of the Captain's Gala and other occasional 'formal' events, which on this vessel means jacket and tie for men, cocktail attire for women. No reservations are required.
Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir of England beds draped in high-thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, along with a menu of pillow options. Staterooms and suites on the Normandy Deck have French balconies.
All suites are uniquely decorated and have additional amenities and services, including:
- daily fruit and cookie plate
- an evening amuse-bouche
- private DVD, infotainment center with flat-screen TV and complimentary movie and entertainment options
- iPod docking station
- Nespresso coffee machine
- bathroom towel warmers
- bottle of wine upon arrival
- morning coffee and tea
- continental breakfast
- shoe shine and free laundry service
- generous built-in closets
- hair dryer
- individual climate-control thermostat
- direct-dial telephone
Bars & lounges
Public Areas include:
- Monet Lounge with full-service bar and dance floor
- library/ game room
- Van Gogh Restaurant
- sun deck with life-size chess and shuffleboard
- fitness center with a jet massage shower cabin
- Serenity River Spa and boutique
Additional ship amenities include: 24-hour reception service, complimentary 24-hour specialty coffee and tea bar, use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks, and free Internet and Wi-Fi access
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
SEE ALL RIVER BARONESS SAILINGS
How about you? Have you sailed on River Baroness? How was it? We'd love to see your photos and hear about your experience.
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Top highlights on this ship
- Visit Monet’s home in his beloved village of Giverny, where he lived and worked for more than 40 years
- Bring a Downtown Abbey mood to your meanderings and have High Tea at the Monet Lounge
- Enjoy the use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks to explore the countryside and riverfront areas
- Get ready for some fine French cuisine and fabulous French wines
Top dining options on board
“This river ship has oodles of panache and provides an ‘inclusive’ cruise with elegant interiors in a small, older vessel. The lovely, open-seating restaurant provides good food, but young wines.”