On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Tauck's Esprit: Fabulous cities of Europe
Tauck's ms Esprit cruises Europe's most famous rivers — the Rhine, Main and Danube. She takes passengers to events such as wine tastings and galas and to sites such as castles and stately palaces while visiting old-world cities rich in architecture and arts.
As one of Tauck's Jewel-class riverboats, ms Esprit accommodates no more than 118 guests. Guest amenities inside 14 suites, which are 300 sq. ft., include walk-in closets, marble baths with full-size tubs and two French balconies with floor-to-ceiling windows. There are also seven 183 sq. ft. cabins and standard cabins at 150 sq. ft., all of which are comfortable and share similar décor and style to the larger suites. Eighty-five percent of the rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows with real French balconies that open; all have in-room movies, a minibar, adjustable heating and cooling and a private bathroom and shower.
Where the Tauck Esprit sails
The Tauck Esprit cruises Europe's most famous rivers — the Rhine, Main and Danube to some of the world's favorite cities such as Amsterdam, Vienna and Budapest.
New bedding and amenities were recently added, including:
- 400-thread-count satin bed linens
- Puffy white duvets and pillows of very fine mako cotton with a hypoallergenic 90% down filling
- 100% cotton temperature-balancing blankets
- Molton Brown bath products
- Terry cloth robes
- Hair dryers
- Two 110-volt and two 220-volt outlets included in every cabin for small electronics
- Minibar stocked with complimentary water and soft drinks
- Open seating in dining room with flexible dining times
- Vegetarian meals
- Alternate dining venue for lunch and dinner, as well as a lighter breakfasts in the morning
- Al fresco dining on Sun Deck (weather permitting)
- American breakfast room service available in Category 7 suites
- Complimentary snacks served 10:00 am to midnight
- Unlimited complimentary beverages including regional wine, beer and premium spirits in addition to specialty coffee, water and soft drinks
- Onboard entertainment includes enrichment lectures, piano music nightly, in-room movies, culinary demos, local entertainment and “themed” fun
- Complimentary Internet
- Fitness center
- Massages available
- Putting green on Sun Deck
- 24-hour Jacuzzi on Sun Deck
- Bicycles available aboard for use ashore
- Laundry service available
How about you? Have you sailed on Esprit? We'd love to hear about your experience!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Onboard bicycles available for shore excursions
- Majority of rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows with real French balconies
- 24-hour Jacuzzi on the Sun Deck