On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Silver Shadow: Bigger size with same intimate ambience
Have you sailed on Silver Shadow? We'd love to hear your take and see your photos. The following information was curated by Cruiseable.
Silversea's Millennium Class ships, Silver Shadow and her sister ship Silver Whisper, are built with proportions slightly larger in size than other Silversea ships, yet retain the same level of genuine hospitality. Third in the Silversea fleet, the Silver Shadow luxury cruise ship introduced guests to the next generation of Silversea cruising while maintaining Silversea's all-suite luxury and intimate ambience.
Past itineraries on Silver Shadow have included cruising to the fabled landscapes of Asia (three nights in Myanmar) to the wild, natural beauty of Alaska (look for extended calls in Juneau and a turnaround in San Francisco), as well as a special series of idyllic French Polynesian cruises including stops in Hawaii, Kiribati and Easter Island.
Who will like sailing on Silver Shadow
Cruise guests looking to combine adventure travel with luxury will enjoy an exotic cruise on Silver Shadow. Cruise passengers will be taken to remote parts of the world, where they will explore an abundance of wildlife and uninhabited areas.
Where Silver Shadow sails
Silver Shadow sails in and around South America and the Pacific Northwest. Some of the top destinations that Silver Shadow visits are Chile and Alaska.
Top dining choices
With never more than 382 like-minded international travelers, and an open-seating policy of dining when, where and with whom you desire, you can be as private or congenial as you desire.
A divine selection of Italy's best cuisine is served a la carte in La Terrazza. Authentic recipes and fresh ingredients come together in a flavorful expression that represents Silversea's distinctive Italian heritage and embraces the principles of the Slow Food movement, using fresh, sustainable and local ingredients For example, La Terrazza uses buffalo mozzarella from Naples, organic balsamic vinegar and olive oil from Umbria, and air-dried ham out of Parma. The Emilia-Romagna region also produces Silversea’s 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano, while the pasta is made daily right on board. La Terrazza is open for casual, buffet-style breakfast and lunch with indoor or al fresco dining on the outdoor terrace. During the evening, the restaurant transforms into an à la carte traditional Italian restaurant.
The only Wine Restaurant by Relais & Chateaux at sea can be found aboard the ships of Silversea. Indulge in an evening where fine wines are complemented by a set tasting menu of regionally inspired dishes in an intimate, elegant setting. Open seating is available for breakfast and lunch, while reservations are necessary for dinner. The experience requires a per-guest, reservation fee of $40.
Sparkling with silver, crystal and candlelight, The Restaurant serves up contemporary, international cuisine. Menus feature regional specialties unique to the destinations guests visit on their cruise. For example, roasted Chilean sea bass is served while cruising the Chilean fjords, and Indian chicken korma, while en route to Mumbai. The Restaurant on board this cruise ship offers open-seating dining, which means there are no assigned times and no assigned tables. You are free to dine when, where and with whom you please.
Pool Bar & Grill
Casual and convenient. At the Pool Bar, cocktails are served with soft ocean breezes. Poolside menu options feature healthy CruiseLite selections and light fare for lunch and dinner including grilled meats and fresh-from-the-oven pizza. At night, the top deck of the Pool Bar & Grill is transformed into The Grill, an intimate al fresco eatery featuring a fun, interactive Black Rock Grill experience. A preheated volcanic rock is brought to your table, allowing you to cook such delicacies as steak, veal, pork, lamb, salmon, fish or prawns exactly to your liking right at your own table. Reservations are required for dinner.
Staterooms and Suites
Aboard Silver Shadow there are 194 ocean-view suites on each ship that range from 287 to 1,435 square feet. More than 80% of the suites feature private teak balconies, with nine Terrace Suites that share a common veranda.
All guests will receive the services of a butler and there are convertible twin-to-queen beds, Pratesi bed lines, walk-in wardrobe, sitting area, dressing table, choices of pillow, Italian marble bathroom. One of the highlights is the personal bath amenities that the butler will present, choices inlcude: Ferragamo, Bvlgari and Neutrogena products. There are double basin vanities for extra space in the bathroom as well as a full bath with separate shower, refrigerator and cocktail bar.
Aboard the Silver Shadow, guests will find a wide selection of stellar entertainment ranging from energetic production shows to classical music concerts in The Show Lounge; intimate piano recitals, jazz and cabaret in The Bar; and local performers and folkloric shows that truly complement the wines, cuisine and cultures experienced on your voyage.
- Boutiques: Silversea’s shipboard boutiques, reimagined and redesigned by famed Italian architect Tiziano Vudafieri and his team at Vudafieri & Saverino Studio, are stunning modern design spaces befitting the finest creations from legendary designers including Buccellati, Damiani, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, IWC, Piaget, Gucci, La Prairie and more.
- Card Room/Conference Room: Bridge games and tournaments take place most days in the Card Room. On days at sea, newcomers to the game can learn how to play. Should your group require a conference or meeting space, Silversea is pleased to provide a tailor-made experience, in which audiovisual equipment is available and complimentary.
- Casino: Roulette, blackjack and slot machines are available in the casino for guests 18 years or older. If you are a novice, come to the champagne reception and learn all the games offered aboard.
- Library: The Library aboard this luxury cruise ship has an extensive selection of hardcover books, magazines, reference materials and newspapers, as well as audio listening stations. Movies are also available and can be viewed on your in-suite entertainment center.
Bars & lounges
- The Bar: With complimentary cocktails and engaging conversation, live music and a dance floor, The Bar welcomes guests to mix and mingle.
- Connoisseur's Corner: The Connoisseur's Corner offers exceptional cognacs along with a premium selection of cigars for purchase.
- Panorama Lounge: The Panorama Lounge is specially designed to provide an uninterrupted view of the day's destination from the comfort of the ship's interior. This is an ideal place to unwind, enjoy afternoon tea, listen to the pianist and watch the setting sun.
- Pool Deck: Guest can enjoy teak chaise lounges arranged in the sun or shade and bubbling whirlpools on the pool deck. The pool water is refreshing in warmer climates, and heated for cooler weather.
- Internet Café: Email friends and family back home or surf the Internet for a nominal fee. Headphones, digital camera media readers, and complimentary black and white laser printing are also available.
- Show Lounge: Every seat in this multi-tiered venue enjoys a clear view of the stage. Applaud a broad spectrum of entertainment, from full-scale production shows and classical soloists to cultural entertainment and feature films.
Spa & fitness
- Beauty Salon: A full range of salon services is available for both men and women including hairstyling, manicures and pedicures.
- Fitness Center: The fitness center is equipped with free weights, weight machines, state-of-the-art treadmills, elliptical trainers, and recumbent and upright bicycles. Classes in aerobics, yoga, Pilates and circuit training are led by the onboard fitness trainer and are always complimentary.
- The Spa at Silversea: Relax your body and mind in this soothing sanctuary. Indulge in a wide range of invigorating therapies including facials, body wraps and massages.
Have you cruised on Silver Shadow? What was it like? We'd love to hear about your own experience.
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Gaming in the onboard casino
- Views and complimentary cocktails from the Panorama Lounge
- Broadway-style entertainment in the Show Lounge
- Lectures by noted historians, ambassadors, state leaders, authors and geographers