On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Silver Cloud: Enjoy a personalized experience
As the inaugural ship for Silversea Cruises, Silver Cloud epitomizes everything that is Silversea. Since its launch, Silver Cloud has traveled to all corners of the world while introducing her guests to a superlative level of luxury. Designed to guests a personalized experience, a Silver Cloud cruise provides 296 privileged guests with the luxury of space and the ability to slip into exotic ports located off the beaten path. Each ocean-view suite provides a sumptuous retreat, while each public space is intimate yet inviting. Silver Cloud is often described by returning guests as their own private yacht, their home away from home.
Who will like sailing on Silver Cloud
Travelers looking for a less-touristy, more personalized experience will enjoy sailing on Silver Cloud. The ship's intimate setting allows guests to get to know one another. Plus, its smaller size gives cruise passengers access to more remote parts of the world, ideal for the adventure traveler.
Where Silver Cloud sails
Silver Cloud sails in and around the Caribbean, Latin America, Europe and the Mediterranean. Some of the most popular destinations that this cruise ship visits are Italy and Barbados, among several others. Featured cruises include a 17-day Amazon adventure cruise.
Top dining choices
A divine selection of Italy's best cuisine is served a la carte in La Terrazza. Authentic recipes and fresh ingredients come together in a flavorful expression that represents Silversea's distinctive Italian heritage and embraces the principles of the Slow Food movement, using fresh, sustainable and local ingredients For example, La Terrazza uses buffalo mozzarella from Naples, organic balsamic vinegar and olive oil from Umbria, and air-dried ham out of Parma. The Emilia-Romagna region also produces Silversea’s 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano, while the pasta is made daily right on board. La Terrazza is open for casual, buffet-style breakfast and lunch with indoor or al fresco dining on the outdoor terrace. During the evening, the restaurant transforms into an à la carte traditional Italian restaurant.
The only Wine Restaurant by Relais & Chateaux at sea can be found aboard the ships of Silversea. Indulge in an evening where fine wines are complemented by a set tasting menu of regionally inspired dishes in an intimate, elegant setting. Open seating is available for breakfast and lunch, while reservations are necessary for dinner. The experience requires a per-guest, reservation fee of $40.
Sparkling with silver, crystal and candlelight, The Restaurant serves up contemporary, international cuisine. Menus feature regional specialties unique to the destinations guests visit on their cruise. For example, roasted Chilean sea bass is served while cruising the Chilean fjords, and Indian chicken korma, while en route to Mumbai. The Restaurant on board this cruise ship offers open-seating dining, which means there are no assigned times and no assigned tables. You are free to dine when, where and with whom you please.
Pool Bar & Grill
Casual and convenient. At the Pool Bar, cocktails are served with soft ocean breezes. Poolside menu options feature healthy CruiseLite selections and light fare for lunch and dinner including grilled meats and fresh-from-the-oven pizza. At night, the top deck of the Pool Bar & Grill is transformed into The Grill, an intimate al fresco eatery featuring a fun, interactive Black Rock Grill experience. A preheated volcanic rock is brought to your table, allowing you to cook such delicacies as steak, veal, pork, lamb, salmon, fish or prawns exactly to your liking right at your own table. Reservations are required for dinner.
Bars, lounges & cafes
- Connoisseur's Corner: The Connoisseur's Corner offers exceptional cognacs along with a premium selection of cigars for purchase.
- Panorama Lounge: The Panorama Lounge is specially designed to provide an uninterrupted view of the day's destination from the comfort of the ship's interior. This is an ideal place to unwind, enjoy afternoon tea, listen to the pianist and watch the setting sun.
- The Bar: With complimentary cocktails and engaging conversation, live music and a dance floor, The bar welcomes guests to mix and mingle.
- Pool Deck: Guest can enjoy teak chaise lounges arranged in the sun or shade and bubbling whirlpools on the pool deck. The pool water is refreshing in warmer climates, and heated for cooler weather.
- Internet Café: Email friends and family back home or surf the Internet for a nominal fee. Headphones, digital camera media readers, and complimentary black and white laser printing are also available.
- Show Lounge: Every seat in this multi-tiered venue enjoys a clear view of the stage. Applaud a broad spectrum of entertainment, from full-scale production shows and classical soloists to cultural entertainment and feature films.
- Boutiques: Featuring designer collections and duty-free shopping, the onboard Boutiques offer a selection of jewelery, fashions, perfumes and Silversea logo items.
- Card Room/Conference Room: Bridge games and tournaments take place most days in the Card Room. On days at sea, newcomers to the game can learn how to play. Should your group require a conference or meeting space, Silversea is pleased to provide a tailor-made experience, in which audiovisual equipment is available and complimentary.
- Casino: Roulette, blackjack and slot machines are available in the casino for guests 18 years or older. If you are a novice, come to the champagne reception and learn all the games offered aboard.
- Library: The Library has an extensive selection of hardcover books, magazines, reference materials and newspapers, as well as audio listening stations.
Spa & fitness
- Beauty Salon: A full range of salon services is available for both men and women including hairstyling, manicures and pedicures. Appointments for these chargeable services may be made on board the ship or in advance via My Voyage.
- Fitness Center: The fitness center is equipped with free weights, weight machines, state-of-the-art treadmills, elliptical trainers, and recumbent and upright bicycles. Classes in aerobics, yoga, Pilates and circuit training are led by the onboard fitness trainer and are always complimentary.
- The Spa at Silversea: Relax your body and mind in this soothing sanctuary. Indulge in a wide range of invigorating therapies including facials, body wraps and massages.
Have you cruised on Silver Cloud? What was the highlight? We'd love to hear about your experience.
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Gaming in the onboard casino
- Relaxing spa services at the Spa at Silversea
- Enjoying a book in the library
- Swimming in the temperature-controlled pool