On a cruise ship
Seabourn Odyssey: Elegant looks, fine dining & alluring destinations
Seabourn Odyssey is the first in a new class of ships for Seabourn that accommodates just 450 guests in 225 luxury suites. At 32,000 gross registered tons, Seabourn Odyssey remains one of the smallest ships built recently by any major cruise line, and its guest capacity is among the highest space-per-guest ratios in the industry.
Who will like sailing on Seabourn Odyssey
Along with their all-suite accommodations and renowned personalized service, Seabourn’s ships also garner consistent acclaim for the award-winning dining on board. As such, Seabourn Odyssey is best suited to those looking for a gourmet cuisine experience at sea. From French fries to foie gras, every dish receives the expert attention of highly skilled and imaginative chefs.
Where Seabourn Odyssey sails
Seaborn Odyssey sails in and around Asia, the South Pacific, Australia and the Mediterranean. The cruise ship features cruise itineraries that range from a couple weeks to more than a month. Some of the most popular destinations that this cruise ship visits are Singapore, New Zealand and Greece.
Top dining choices
Seabourn offers a gourmet dining experience, as chefs create prepared-to-order dishes using fresh ingredients. Plus, you will be happy to know there is never an extra charge for any dining on Seabourn.
- The Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in an open-seating style that invites guests to dine where, when and with whom they choose.
- The Colonnade is an expansive indoor-outdoor dining venue serving lavish station buffets for breakfast and lunch, and themed dinners served tableside.
- Restaurant 2 is an intimate alternative dining venue serving innovative small-pates tasting menus for dinners nightly. Reservations are required due to limited capacity, but there is no extra charge.
- Patio Grill offers poolside dining featuring grilled specialties, salads and sides for lunch and dinner, and freshly baked pizzas throughout the afternoon.
Spa & relaxation
- The Sun Terrace (Deck 11 Forward): The terrace features 36 double sun beds arrayed for enjoying sunshine by day and stars and moon by night.
- Pool Patio (Deck 8 Midships): An expansive open deck surrounds a swimming pool and a pair of large whirlpool spas. Sun loungers and cabanas are arrayed in a mix of sun and shade. A stage provides occasional live music for dancing.
- The Spa at Seabourn (Deck 9 Aft): The largest spa facility on any luxury cruise ship features six treatment rooms, a thermal area featuring a large hydro-pool, dry float, sauna and steam rooms, a full-service salon, well-equipped gym and a motion studio with a Kinesis Wall and Thai massage area.
- Forward Whirlpool Spa (Deck 6 Forward): A single large whirlpool spa is located on the open deck all the way forward on Deck 6.
- Spa Terrace (Deck 10 Aft): The upper level of The Spa at Seabourn contains a private Spa Villa and a breezy outdoor relaxation cabana for use by Spa patrons, as well as a small whirlpool spa.
- The Shops at Seabourn (Deck 7 Midships): Three duty-free shops are arrayed along the starboard side of the walkway. The Seabourn Shop features shield-emblazoned logo wear. The Boutique offers fashions, cosmetics, scents and designers luxury goods, while The Collection is a curated selection of fine watches and jewelry including a private showroom for diamonds and other gemstones.
- Card Room (Deck 7 Midships): Adjacent to the Main Staircase on port side is a card room for bridge, board games, puzzles and a large-screen setup for Wii electronic games.
- The Marina (Deck 3 Aft): On select, warm-water cruises, the captain will anchor and deploy a water-sports marina, inviting guests to enjoy board sailing, water-skiing, kayaking, banana boat rides and pedal boating right from the ship. A steel-mesh enclosure allows safe swimming in the sea.
- Grand Salon (Deck 6 Aft): The ship's main showroom can accommodate all guests, though it seldom does because of the variety available. Lectures, cooking demonstrations, movies and other gatherings are held here in the daytime. In the evenings, live music for dancing before dinner gives way to vocal production shows, cabaret performances, comedy and classical recitals.
- The Retreat (Deck 11): A multi-use plaza with two shuffleboard courts and a 9-hole contoured golf putting green provides additional entertainment.
Bars & lounges
- Sky Bar (Deck 9 Midship): Occupying a terrace overlooking the pool deck below, this is a popular place to gather for drinks in the open air. Occasional lunches and dinners are offered at the Sky Grill, serving grilled specialties and simple sides.
- The Club (Deck 5 Aft): This lively bar and lounge is a popular place for dancing and live music before and after dinner. Later in the evening, a DJ plays recorded music into the wee hours.
- Patio Bar (Deck 8 Midships): This bar features full beverage, cocktail and wine service, fruit smoothies and gelati on the pool deck.
- Seabourn Square (Deck 7 Aft): Seabourn's innovative "living room" replaces the conventional reception lobby with a welcoming lounge filled with comfortable sofas, easy chairs and cocktail tables. Outside the Guest Services enclave, the walls are lined with fiction, nonfiction and reference books, and eight computer workstations are available for guests to use. An open deck terrace is located aft of the Square.
- Observation Bar (Deck 10 Forward): This stunning round lounge with a square bar and panoramic 270-degree views serves Early Risers Coffee and Tea every morning, and piano music makes it a great choice for drinks and conversation before and after dinner.
Seabourn Odyssey's 225 ocean-view suites are divided into 13 categories, with interior measurements from 295 to more than 1,200 square feet. Ninety percent have private verandas, which add 65 to more than 350 square feet of additional private living space. Accommodation highlights include the exceptional Wintergarden Suites, which have a private glassed-in Solarium with a soaking tub and a lunging bed. This suite also features a veranda that is bowed out, featuring beautiful views along the side of the ship. The Signature Suites, located all the way forward on Deck 7, have more than 900 square feet of inside space and a spectacular wrap-around veranda of 353 square feet. You can also choose to stay in one of the 22 Penthouse Suites on the uppermost decks, each featuring up to 534 square feet of space. In addition to having more, larger suites, Seabourn Odyssey's additional size is utilized to create more open deck space, and a variety of public rooms and dining venues.
Suite amenities include complimentary champagne upon arrival, 24-hour room service, personalized stationery, fruit basket replenished daily, fluffy terry-cloth robes, Eqyptian Cotton linens, a fluffy duvet, fine soaps by Herms, Bijan and L'Occitane, Pure Pampering Aromatherapy by Molton Brown, nightly turndown service, a daily newspaper, World Atlas, clock/barometer/thermometer and umbrella.
All suites include a living area and bedroom, a 5-foot wide picture window or veranda, walk-in closet, flat-screen interactive TV featuring music, movies and more, a fully-stocked bar, Bose Wave Radio CD, writing desk, spacious bathroom with tub, shower, twin sinks and large vanity, hair dryer, 110/220 volt outlets, direct-dial telephone and private electronic safe. For your pleasure, suites also have best -elling audiobooks, CDs and DVDs.
The ship has a simple medical facility staffed by a physician and a nurse, capable of short-term treatment of illnesses and injuries. It is neither equipped nor staffed for ongoing treatment of many pre-existing conditions, and any guest with a condition that requires such treatment should contact Seabourn in advance of booking to ensure that the condition can be accommodated.
Have you cruised on Seabourn Odyssey? We'd love to hear about your experience! Write a review, tell a story about your adventure or leave a comment below.
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
If you're interested in a cruise on Seabourn Odyssey, contact a Cruiseable travel advocate at 1-877-322-3773 or by email. You'll get a better deal than you can get by contacting the cruise line directly.
Top highlights on this ship
- Refreshing pools to swim in on the pool deck
- Relaxing in the whirlpool on the spa terrace
- Enjoying shows and performances in the Grand Salon
- Gaming in the ship's on-board casino
Top dining options on board
“Wherever we ventured on Seabourn Odyssey, whether it was to the nearly deserted beaches of Patmos or the Bronze Age settlement of Akrotiri on tourist-drenched Santorini, the sense of adventure from 3,000 years ago is everywhere.”