On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Scenic Eclipse: 'World's first discovery yacht' debuts soon
Scenic Eclipse from international travel brand Scenic is being dubbed "the world’s first discovery yacht." Scenic Eclipse will be the first ocean ship from Scenic, known for high-end luxury river cruising, starting in August 2019 - unless the launch is delayed again.
The ship will feature two six-seat, twin-engine helicopters, one seven-seater submarine and 12 Zodiacs to allow you to experience different regions of the world in new ways.
Designed to deliver a once-in-a-lifetime experience for just 228 guests, Scenic Eclipse will combine luxury, discovery and safety, and give passengers the chance to explore above and below the water in ways that were previously unimaginable.
Where Scenic Eclipse sails
Scenic Eclipse's early cruises include South America, Antarctica, Europe and the Mediterranean, and the Arctic and Norway's fjords. Its debut cruise is scheduled to sail from Reykjavik, Iceland, to Quebec City in Canada.
Highlights & amenities
- Six dining options on board: contemporary French fine dining, Pan Asian, Italian and steak restaurant, al fresco indoor/outdoor restaurant andOcean Café and Lounge
- In-suite dining with 24-hour room service
- Personal service with a 1:1 staff to guest ratio
- Two seven-seater helicopters
- One seven-seater submarine
- 12 Zodiacs
- Snorkeling & scuba equipment
- Internal mud room
- Marine platform
- A remotely operated underwater vehicle (ROV) with camera
- Spa sanctuary
- Indoor/outdoor swimming pool
- Gym, yoga & pilates studio
- 240 seat theater
- Discovery Team for every destination
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
If you're interested in a cruise on Scenic Eclipse, contact a Cruiseable travel advocate at 1-877-322-3773 or by email. You'll get a better deal than you can get by contacting the cruise line directly. These ships begin to fill up far in advance of launch.
How about you? Does this ship look cool or what?
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!