Vision of the Seas
On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Vision of the Seas ship overview
Vision of the Seas underwent a renovation in 2013 and reemerged with new restaurants, new technology and even new home ports in Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale. Cruise passengers can now enjoy new staterooms; the Centrum experience, a high-flying aerial acrobatics show; and an outdoor movie screen. There are also five new dining experiences on board, including Giovanni's Table, Park Café, Izumi, the intimate Chef's Table and Chops Grille. Other signature favorites on board include the Vitality Spa, the adults-only Solarium pool, the Casino Royale and Broadway-style entertainment.
Who will like sailing on Vision of the Seas
Cruise passengers looking for a combination of Royal Caribbean's signature amenities and an extensive list of new offerings will enjoy cruising on Vision of the Seas. From the restaurants to the spas and whirlpools, adults will enjoy the experience just as much as kids will enjoy the activities on board.
Where Vision of the Seas sails
Destinations: Vision of the Seas sails in and around the Caribbean and the Mediterranean on seven- to 15-night cruise itineraries. The popular transatlantic voyage takes cruise passengers from South Florida to Spain.
Top dining options
- Main Dining Room: features complimentary, multi-course dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- More complimentary options including the Park Cafe, Windjammer Cafe and Solarium Cafe
- Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream: serves up frozen treats for a nominal fee
- Cafe Latte-tudes: serves up Seattle's Best Coffee
- Izumi: Asian-fusion cuisine, featuring a la carte sushi selections
- Chef's Table: an intimate dining experience with a Royal Caribbean chef
- Chops Grille: Royal Caribbean's signature steakhouse
- Giovanni's Table: an Italian restaurant that serves family-style dishes
- Room service: Late-night service charge applies to room service orders between midnight and 5:00 am
Rest & relaxation
- Vitality Spa with an extensive treatment menu
- State-of-the-art fitness center, with classes ranging from aerobics to kickboxing to yoga
- Two pools including the Solarium, an adults-only retreat
- Six whirlpools
- Outdoor poolside movie screen
- Concierge Club and Diamond Lounge, reserved for select members and suite guests
Entertainment & shopping
- Complimentary Broadway-style entertainment in the Main Theater
- 6,276-square-foot, Vegas-style Casino Royale with 194 slots and 9 tables
- Eight bars and lounges that never have a cover, including Anchors Aweigh Lounge and the Champagne Bar
- Duty-free shops on board feature name-brand jewelry, perfumes, apparel and more
- Chic and sophisticated Centrum experience with enriching daytime activities, nightly entertainment and aerial spectacles
- R Bar features a sophisticated 1960s vibe, complete with iconic furnishing and signature cocktails created by a savvy mixologist
Kids & families
- Complimentary Adventure Ocean Youth Program
- Royal Babies and Royal Tots programming featuring specially designed Fisher Price activities
- Expanded teen-only hangout areas and disco
- Family-friendly activities including games, contests, enrichment classes and lectures
- Royal Babies & Tots Nursery
Action & adventure
- Rock-climbing wall
- Upper-deck jogging track
- Video game arcade
Staterooms are put into different categories based on size and amenities as well as the location on the cruise ship. All staterooms have closed-circuit TV, a radio, hairdryer, vanity area and a bathroom with a shower. All lower beds are convertible to a queen. Suites have a sitting area, private balcony and a full bath with a tub.
How about you? Have you sailed on Vision of the Seas? Any tips for first-timers?
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Gaming in the Vegas-style Casino Royale
- Broadway-style entertainment in the Main Theater
- Solarium, an adults-only retreat
- Spa treatments at Vitality Spa