Rhapsody of the Seas
On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Rhapsody of the Seas: Relaxation across the globe
From the snow-capped mountain coasts of Alaska to skyline views of Sydney, Australia, Rhapsody of the Seas delivers an unforgettable cruise experience, no matter the hemisphere. Get out to sea and relax away the stress of life on land at the Vitality Spa or glass-canopied Solarium adults-only pool. This is a ship built for adventure, too, with rock climbing, the Casino Royale and entertainment including shows, live music, plus bars and lounges that never have a cover.
Who will like sailing on Rhapsody of the Seas
For those cruise passengers looking for some serious R&R, Royal Caribbean's Rhapsody of the Seas features several onboard spas and pools for relaxing. Because of the wide variety of destinations she visits, Rhapsody of the Seas has a range of itineraries sure to suit any passenger.
Where Rhapsody of the Seas sails
Destinations: Rhapsody of the Seas sails in and around the Caribbean, New England, the Mediterranean and the South Pacific. Cruise itineraries range from about two to 10 nights. Top destinations that the ship visits include Malaysia, Belize and Quebec.
This 3-minute video from Royal Caribbean describes the ship's features and 2012 renovation.
Top dining options
- Main Dining Room: features complimentary, multi-course dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- More complimentary options include the Park Cafe, Windjammer Cafe and Solarium Cafe
- Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream: Features frozen treats for a nominal fee
- Cafe Latte-tudes: serves up Seattle's Best Coffee
- Viking Crown Lounge: features a la carte menu with bite-sized portions of classic dishes
- Chef's Table: an intimate dining experience with a Royal Caribbean chef
- Chops Grille: Royal Caribbean's signature steakhouse
- Izumi: Asian-fusion cuisine, featuring a la carte sushi selections
- Room service: Late-night service charge applies to room service orders between midnight and 5 am
Rest & relaxation
- Vitality Spa with extensive treatment menu
- State-of-the-art fitness center, with classes ranging from aerobics to kickboxing to yoga
- Two pools including the Solarium, an adults-only retreat
- Six whirlpools
- Poolside, outdoor movie screen
- Concierge Club and Diamond Lounge, reserved for Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members, and select suite guests
Entertainment & shopping
- Complimentary Broadway-style entertainment in the Main Theater
- 6,276-square-foot Vegas-style Casino Royale with 162 slots and 11 tables
- Eight bars and lounges that never have a cover, including Shall We Dance Lounge and the Champagne Bar
- Duty-free shops on board feature name-brand jewelry, perfumes, apparel and more
- R Bar, featuring a sophisticated 1960s vibe, complete with iconic furnishings and signature cocktails created by a savvy mixologist
Kids & families
- Complimentary Adventure Ocean Youth Program
- Royal Babies and Royal Tots programming features specially designed Fisher Price activities
- Expanded teen-only hangout areas
- Family-friendly activities including games, contests, enrichment classes and lectures
- Royal Babies & Tots Nursery
Action & adventure
- Rock-climbing wall
- Upper-deck jogging track
- Video game arcade
Staterooms are put into different categories based on size and amenities as well as the location on the cruise ship.
Stateroom amenities include flat-screen televisions, new bathrooms and completely remodeled interiors, with new linens and furniture. iPads are available in every stateroom, which will allow guests to access the daily Cruise Compass of events and activities; personal daily itineraries, including shore excursions; monitor their onboard account; order room service; view restaurant menus; access the Internet; and watch movies.
All staterooms have closed-circuit TV, a radio, hairdryer, vanity area and a bathroom with a shower. All lower beds are convertible to a queen. Suites have a large sitting area, private balcony and a full bath with a tub.
How about you? Have you cruised on Rhapsody of the Seas? What are your suggestions for first-timers?
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Solarium, an adults-only retreat
- Vitality Spa's extensive treatment menu
- Broadway-style entertainment in the Main Theater
- Gaming at the Vegas-style Casino Royale