Explorer of the Seas
On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Explorer of the Seas: A restful retreat at sea & on shore
Is it adventure you seek or a restful retreat from life on land? Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas is home to an array of innovations that give you whatever type of vacation you desire. Climb a rock wall that overlooks the sea, or find your adventure on the basketball court, ice-skating rink or mini-golf course.
If it's zen you seek, achieve it poolside or at the relaxing Vitality Spa. Liven up your nights on the Royal Promenade, with parades, dancing and duty-free shopping deals. And bring along some friends because with spacious public areas, enhanced staterooms and a three-story dining room, this ship has room for your whole crew.
Who will like sailing on Explorer of the Seas
Because of the variety of activities on board, Explorer of the Seas can support many cruise experiences. She has something for everyone in your group to enjoy their vacation, as well as several dining establishments that make good gathering points for passengers to meet up at between activities.
Where Explorer of the Seas sails
Explorer of the Seas sails in and around the Caribbean, Europe, Australia, Asia and the South Pacific. Most itineraries range from about three to 16 days. Top destinations that the ship visits are the Canary Islands, Thailand and Morocco.
Top dining options
- Main Dining Rooms: feature complimentary, multicourse dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Portofino: an Italian restaurant, where for one low cover charge allows guests to choose any items off the menu (from appetizers to dessert)
- Johnny Rockets: a ‘50s-style diner that features servers who double as entertainers, and is an additional cost.
- Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream: offers a variety of ice cream flavors and toppings for an additional charge.
- More complimentary options including Windjammer Cafe and Cafe Promenade for coffee and pastries/snacks
- Room service: Late-night service charge applies to room service orders between midnight and 5:00 am
Action & adventure
- Rock-climbing wall
- Ice-skating rink
- Mini-golf course
- Basketball court
- Jogging and in-line skating tracks
Entertainment & shopping
- Complimentary Broadway-style entertainment in the Main Theater
- Complimentary ice-skating shows in Studio B
- 9,623-square-foot Vegas-style Casino Royale with 287 slots and 16 tables
- 15 bars, clubs and lounges that never have a cover and include the Champagne Bar, Crown & Kettle Pub and The Chamber nightclub
- Name-brand, duty-free shopping on the Royal Promenade includes jewelry, perfumes, apparel and shopping for teens and kids
Kids & families
- Complimentary Adventure Ocean Youth Program
- Royal Babies and Royal Tots programming featuring specially designed Fisher Price activities
- Teen lounge areas and disco
- Adventure Beach kids' pool with water slide
- Family-friendly activities include games, contests, enrichment classes and lectures
Rest & relaxation
- Vitality Spa with 100-plus treatments, including MediSpa treatments and acupunture
- Four pools, including the Solarium, an adults-only retreat
- Six whirlpools
- State-of-the-art fitness center, with classes including yoga and tai chi
How about you? Have you sailed on Explorer of the Seas? Have any tips? What was the highlight?
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- In-line skating tracks at the onboard ice skating rink
- Visiting Royal Caribbean's private beach resort, Labadee, in Haiti
- Playing basketball on the basketball court
- Adults-only swimming at Solarium