Brilliance of the Seas
On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Brilliance of the Seas: Recharge with a view
Part of Royal Caribbean's Radiance class of ships, Brilliance of the Seas features acres of glass that enclose the nine-story central atrium, elevators facing the sea and floor-to-ceiling windows throughout — all of which flaunt ocean views. Adult cruise passengers can bask at the tranquil Solarium pool, an adults-only retreat, or recharge at Vitality Spa. The variety of recreational activities on board include a rock-climbing wall and mini-golf course. When the sun goes down, the night heats up with Broadway-style shows, Casino Royale, plus 16 bars and lounges that never feature a cover.
Who will like sailing on Brilliance of the Seas
For those looking for non-stop entertainment, Brilliance of the Seas provides a wide array of activities on board to satisfy every mood. She has something for everyone in your group to enjoy their vacation, as well as several dining establishments that make ideal gathering spots.
Where Brilliance of the Seas sails
Destinations: Brilliance of the Seas sails in and around the Caribbean, New England, Northern Europe and parts of Russia, and cruise itineraries range from three to 15 nights. Top destinations that the ship visits include Ireland, Nova Scotia and Norway.
Top dining options
- Main Dining Room: features complimentary, multicourse dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- More complimentary options including Windjammer Cafe, Seaview Cafe and Park Cafe
- Giovanni's Table: an Italian restaurant that serves up portions family-style
- Chops Grille: a steakhouse that requires one low cover charge
- Cafe Latte-tudes: a specialty coffee house
- Chef’s Table:an intimate dining experience with a Royal Caribbean chef
- Rita’s Cantina: a trendy Mexican restaurant
- Izumi: Japanese cuisine, featuring a la carte sushi selections
- Room service: Late-night service charge applies to room service orders between midnight and 5 am
Entertainment & shopping
- Complimentary Broadway-style entertainment in the three-story Main Theater
- 6,459-square-foot, Vegas-style Casino Royale with 195 slots and 12 tables
- 16 bars, clubs and lounges that never have a cover, including The Colony Club featuring self-leveling pool tables, Scoreboard Sports Bar and the Schooner Bar
- Duty-free shops on board, featuring name brand jewelry, perfumes, apparel and more
- Chic and sophisticated Centrum experience with enriching daytime activities, nightly entertainment and aerial spectacles
- R Bar, featuring a sophisticated 1960s vibe, complete with iconic furnishing and signature cocktails created by a savvy a mixologist
- English-style pub
- Vintages, Royal Caribbean's first-ever wine bar at sea
Rest & relaxation
- Vitality Spa with an extensive treatment menu and a thermal suite
- Three pools including the Solarium, an adults-only retreat
- Three whirlpools
- State-of-the-art fitness center, with classes including yoga and Pilates
- Library and Card Club
- Poolside, outdoor movie screen
Action & adventure
- Rock-climbing wall
- Mini-golf course
- Basketball court
- Jogging track
- Video game arcade
Staterooms are put into different categories based on size and amenities as well as the location on the cruise ship. All staterooms have closed-circuit TV, a radio, mini bar, hairdryer, vanity area and a bathroom with a shower. All lower beds are convertible to a queen. Suites have a large sitting area, private balcony, full bath with a tub and concierge service.
Kids & families
- Complimentary Adventure Ocean Youth Program
- Royal Babies & Royal Tots programming featuring specially designed Fisher Price activities
- Adventure Beach kids' pool with waterslide
- Teen lounge areas and disco
- Family-friendly activities including games, contests, enrichment classes and lectures
- Royal Babies & Tots Nursery
How about you? Have you sailed on Brilliance of the Seas? Have any photos or tips to share with first-timers?
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Recreational activities such as a rock-climbing wall and a mini-golf course
- Adults-only Solarium pool
- Vegas-style gaming in the Casino Royale
- Complimentary Broadway-style entertainment