On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Sapphire Princess: Family fun at sea
Sapphire Princess was built in Japan and completed in 2004, fitted with more than 700 balconies from which passengers can step out and enjoy the refreshing ocean breeze. Warm, welcoming crew members will enhance your experience on board, with the friendly attentive service from the stateroom stewards to white-gloved waiters during Afternoon Tea to sommeliers recommending the perfect wine to accompany your dish.
Who will like sailing Sapphire Princess
Cruise passengers wanting a wide choice of shipboard activities, but still that touch of personalized service, will enjoy sailing on Sapphire Princess. The ship's programs for children and teens also make this a family-friendly cruise.
Where Sapphire Princess sails
With a home port in Singapore, the Sapphire Princess sails through Asia, with cruises in and around Southeast Asia and China. However, itineraries for this ship are also available in South America and the Caribbean.
At Princess, you can look forward to freshly prepared, delicious fare on your voyage. At any hour, chefs are busy baking, grilling and sautéing the ingredients of your next meal. Bread and pastries are baked fresh three times a day, and sauces are prepared by hand.
Whether you feel like a multi-course meal in a formal dining room or a hand-tossed pizza by the pool, Princess obliges your every mood. From elegant specialty restaurants to themed buffets on deck, the variety of venues and dining options is certain to satisfy you no matter the time of day.
Princess offers you the choice of Traditional Dining with fixed time and seating or Anytime Dining with the flexibility to dine when and with whom you choose. Traditional Dining is the classic cruise experience, allowing you to dine at set times with the same table mates and wait staff each evening. Anytime Dining allows you to dine with whom you want at flexible hours. Eat early with new friends one night, and enjoy a later evening dinner for just the two of you the next. Both options offer menus featuring creatively prepared appetizers, entrees and desserts that change each day of your voyage as well as several healthy Lotus Spa selections.
Additional costs apply at these alternative restaurants:
- Sabatini's: With a menu specializing in Italian cuisine and premium seafood, Sabatini's offers a refined yet casual atmosphere that includes extensive personal attention from the wait staff and is sure to leave you feeling like you just stepped into an Italian ristorante.
- Sterling Steakhouse: The sophisticated Sterling Steakhouse features premium, cooked-to-order aged beef, along with other steakhouse favorites. Passengers even enjoy the unique option of choosing their own cut from a presentation tray and watching as the chef cooks their selection.
- Horizon Court: A wide selection of buffet meals or snacks are offered with floor-to-ceiling windows featuring stunning sea views as a backdrop for your quick breakfast or casual dinner.
- Pub Lunch: Step into the Wheelhouse Bar for a taste of British tradition. You'll find a menu of favorites advertised on chalkboards and displayed on counters for an authentic pub feel including fish & chips or a hearty Ploughman's lunch.
- Afternoon Tea: Indulge in afternoon tea with finger sandwiches, pastries, scones, cookies, music and white-glove service.
- Room Service: The complimentary room service menu includes sandwiches, salads, a selection of hot dishes and delicacies from the pastry shop; plus, coffee, iced tea and milk are available 24 hours a day.
- Ultimate Balcony Dining: Dine alfresco style, with a multi-course dinner, served on your balcony by a dedicated waitstaff. Or if you prefer, a refreshing breakfast option is available.
Princess offers everything you could need for a relaxed, rejuvenating retreat with innovative experiences all designed to help you escape completely.
- [email protected]: From enrichment lectures to cooking demonstrations, digital photography workshops to wine tasting, [email protected] programs are designed to make learning fun.
- Lotus Spa: The goal at Princess is to return you to the world renewed in body, mind and spirit. The Lotus Spa and Fitness Center features spa treatments, beauty salon services and the latest in equipment, as well as personal trainers and a variety of different classes throughout the day.
- Poolside activities: Swim, sun and enjoy yourself in the ship's many pools. Relax effortlessly underneath a retractable glass dome, on a terrace above the rolling wake or work up a sweat and make some of your own waves in a swim-against-the-current pool.
- Library: This ship features an extensive library, including contemporary titles in a wide range of categories and books related to specific cruise itineraries. Princess onboard libraries have collections up to 2,000 books.
- Princess Cruises Book Club: The book club offers an opportunity for fascinating literary discussions among passengers.
- Princess Cruises Ultimate Ship Tour: Get an exclusive glimpse at the behind-the-scenes action onboard a Princess ship — an industry first.
- Production shows: Princess Signature Shows are featured on every cruise, entertaining passengers with lively music, stunning choreography and some of the largest casts at sea.
- Dancing, karaoke & comedy: Move to the rhythm of the disco beat or take a spin in the ballroom. And, for some belly laughs, catch a stand-up comedy act or belt out a song in the karaoke lounge.
- Bars & lounges: Evening cocktails in one of the ship's cozy lounges or swanky bars is a perfect place to meet up with shipboard friends.
- Casino: Games of chance worthy of Las Vegas beckon including blackjack, roulette, craps and slot machines.
For youths under 18
With Princess, young kids and teens have their own kind of fun — and their own place to hang out. The fully equipped Youth Centers and Teen Lounges are fully equipped with everything from the latest video games and movies, to arts and crafts, fooseball tables, board games and jukeboxes. And for the littlest ones, activities like kids' karaoke, pizza parties, pajama nights and more are available.
How about you? Have you sailed on Sapphire Princess? How was it? Would love to see your photos and hear about your experience.
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Cooking demonstrations and photography classes via [email protected]
- Rest and relaxation in the Lotus Spa