On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Regal Princess: A floating city of surprises, new enhancements & classic favorites
Princess Cruise Line's new Regal Princess, home to 3,600 passengers at a time, has quite a few new innovations and signature features.A sister ship to Royal Princess, her Maiden Voyage departed Venice, Italy on May 20, 2014.
Among her highlights, the new Regal Princess offers an even larger and expanded atrium and piazza with additional entertainment and casual dining options. The ship also features the largest top deck pool ever with a water and light show, an enhanced Movies Under the Stars screen and the new SeaWalk, a dramatic glass-bottom walkway with views 128 feet straight down! There are balconies on all outside staterooms as well.
Who will like sailing the Regal Princess
Passengers are both young and old, and include families who sail more during the summer and holiday seasons and when Regal Princess sails the Caribbean. Most passengers are North Americans, but Europeans and Asians are represented, especially during Regal Princess' Mediterranean season, which runs from late spring to early fall. In the Mediterranean, the passenger mix is much more international, with Japanese, Chinese and Korean cruisers onboard.
Where Regal Princess sails
This ship sails the Caribbean, Northern Europe and Scandinavia, the Eastern Seaboard of the U.S. and offers two transatlantic crossings. Turks and Caicos, Cozumel, Oslo, Copenhagen and Prague are few of the many stunning ports of call.
Get a taste of the new offerings on Regal Princess from new private dining opportunities to specialty restaurants and a diverse selection of casual dining options.
With Traditional Dining, you'll dine at a set time, with the same tablemates and friendly waiter each evening. And as an option in the Traditional Dining Room, you can choose to dine at the Chef's Table Lumiere with a private dining experience amidst a softly lit curtain that encloses your private table. With flexible Anytime Dining option, you can eat whenever and with whomever you choose. And on Regal Princess, Anytime Dining rooms also feature an option to dine in the private wine cellar rooms.
Elegant specialty restaurants are the perfect place to celebrate a special night out. With menus that reflect regional flavors from around the world, dishes are made with the freshest ingredients.
- Sabatini's: With a menu specializing in Italian cuisine and premium seafood, Sabatini's offers a refined yet casual atmosphere that includes extensive personal attention from the wait staff and is sure to leave you feeling like you just stepped into an Italian ristorante.
- Crown Grill: Voted one of the Best Cruise Ship Steakhouses by USA Today, Crown Grill features delicious made-to-order steak entrees.
Satisfy your cravings with a quick bite from one of the tempting casual eateries onboard:
- Horizon Court: A wide selection of buffet meals or snacks are offered with floor-to-ceiling windows featuring stunning sea views as a backdrop for your quick breakfast or casual dinner.
- The Pastry Shop: Features pastries and hot desserts.
- Seawalk and Coffee Bar: Open all day, the Seawalk and Coffee Bar is considered the largest pastry shop at sea.
- Alfredo's Pizzeria: This restaurant serves up hand-tossed Neapolitan-style pizza, hot out of the oven.
- Ocean Terrace: This fresh new seafood bar in the Atrium features caviar, sushi, oysters and more.
- Gelato: The new gelateria features fresh gelato, sundaes, waffle cones and more.
- International Cafe: Customers can experience fresh pastries, warm paninis and the cafe's new tea tower.
- Vines: Serves up delicious wine, sushi and tapas.
Movies Under the Stars
Boasting a giant screen 30% larger than other Princess ships, this signature poolside venue presents first-run movies, sporting events and concerts under the night sky, accompanied by complimentary fresh-popped popcorn.
On Regal Princess, the venues are as appealing as the the entertainment
- Princess Theater: This is the largest theater yet, with sophisticated architectural lighting.
- Princess Live!: This TV studio will present broadcast-ready events including interactive culinary shows, live concerts, late-night comedy and game shows.
There is something special about sailing on a state-of-the-art ship with plenty of new innovations and touches:
- The SeaWalk: Extending 28 feet beyond the edge of the ship, this unique glass-paneled walkway offers an incredible view of the ocean by day and lights up for romantic strolls by night
- Water & Light Show: In the evening, the top deck pools transform into a dazzling interactive sound and light show accompanied by dancing fountains that shoot water up to 33 feet into the night sky.
- Club 6: This energetic new dance club is conveniently located on Deck 6 near the Atrium.
- Princess Casino: This casino features an array of the latest slots and your favorite games of chance, including blackjack, Texas Hold'em and roulette.
Enjoy an array of exciting entertainment such as late-night comedy events, cabaret features and signature theme nights from a comfortable seat in one of the many bars or lounges.
- Vista Lounge: a show lounge that offers comfortable seating, gracious drink service, and cutting edge lighting and sound
- Bellini's: a new Italian-inspired cocktail bar, cantilevered over the Piazza on Deck 6
- Crooner's Lounge and Bar: offering an enticing menu of 75 martinis, plus entertainers at spectacular dueling glass pianos
- Wheelhouse Bar: live piano entertainment and drinks in a club-like ambiance
- The Sanctuary: Leave stress at the door when you enter the blissful signature haven exclusively for adults. Now larger than on other ships, the Sanctuary on Royal & Regal Princess will also feature an option of private VIP cabanas.
Pools & spas
Regal Princess is an oasis for relaxation, whether you're taking a dip in the fresh water pools and hot tubs on the top deck or rejuvenating your mind and body in the Lotus Spa.
- Lotus Spa
- The Enclave at Lotus SpaT80
- Retreat Pool
- Fountain Pool
Sports & fitness
Designed with a range of activity levels in mind, sports and fitness options allow you to stick to your regular training program or learn an engaging new activity on board!
- Fitness center, which includes treadmills, recumbent bicycles, ellipticals, strength equipment and free weights
- Private aerobics studio, which features spinning, yoga, pilates and TRX
- Putting green, bocce ball and croquet area
- Outdoor jogging track
- Outdoor exercise circuit
- Center Court (basketball, volleyball, tennis)
- Table tennis
- Laser shooting range
- Indoor golf driving range
The godparents of Regal Princess are the original cast members of "The Love Boat," including Gavin MacLeod (Captain Stubing), who remains a spokesman for Princess.
Have you sailed the Regal Princess? Please share a story, tip or discovery. What was the highlight? We would love to hear about your experience — please share!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Top highlights on this ship
- Fort Lauderdale, Berlin, St. Petersburg, Copenhagen and New York City are a few of the ports of call.
- Regal Princess features a larger screen for outdoor movies under the stars.
- At night, the top deck pools transform into an interactive sound and light show accompanied by dancing fountains that shoot water up to 33 feet into the night sky.
- Highlights include 75 martini options and dueling entertainers on glass pianos.
- Regal Princess has some of best stage performances at sea.