On a cruise ship
Grand Princess: Rejuvenation at sea
Grand Princess continues to offer the signature service for which Princess Cruises is renowned. Along with Princess Cruises' signature features like Movies Under the Stars, the Italian-inspired Piazza and The Sanctuary, fresh venues onboard offer new ways to help you escape completely. Sip on a variety of soothing teas at Leaves Tea Lounge & Library, or enjoy hand-tossed pizza in Alfredo's, a full-service pizzeria. Plus, The One5, provides a vibrant ambience to dance the night away.
Throughout your cruise, whether you love activity or crave tranquility, Princess offers everything you could need for a relaxed, rejuvenating retreat, including a wide variety of freshly prepared cuisine and innovative experiences all designed to help you escape completely.
Who will like sailing Grand Princess
Cruise passengers wanting a wide choice of shipboard activities, but still that touch of personalized service, will enjoy sailing on Grand Princess. The ship's programs for children and teens also make this a family-friendly cruise.
Where Grand Princess sails
Grand Princess sails to Hawaii, Alaska, Mexico, the California Coast, South Seas, Australia and New Zealand.
Variety is the spice of life, especially when it comes to dining. Whether you feel like a multicourse meal in a formal dining room, a hand-tossed pizza by the pool, or (for an added surcharge) a meal at one of the specialty restaurants, you'll have a variety of venues and dining options to choose from no matter the time of day.
The Crown Princess has three main dining rooms: Traditional cruise dining — a set seating time with the same tablemates and waiter each evening — is hosted at the Botticelli Dining Room. For a more relaxed, flexible dining schedule, you can go to either the Da Vinci or Michelangelo dining rooms when you want, with whom you want.
On Grand Princess, you have plenty of alternatives to the three big dining rooms. For local specialties and gourmet favorites — and for a cover charge — go to one of the ship's specialty restaurants. Reservations recommended.
- Sabatini's: A refined yet casual dining establishment rich in atmosphere, showcasing an Italian and Mediterranean menu with a heavy emphasis on premium seafood.
- Crown Grill: A showplace steakhouse with an open, theater-style kitchen where chefs custom-prepare steamed shellfish such as lobster, scallops, clams and mussels and cooked-to-order steaks and chops.
Want to maximize your pool time and minimize your mealtime? Get a quick bite whenever you like at one of the casual dining eateries, or get take-out and dine by the pool.
- International Cafe: Open 24/7, International Cafe serves a range of sandwiches, salads, soups and desserts (surcharge applies to select items).
- Horizon Court: The top-of-the-ship restaurant features floor-to-ceiling windows with stunning sea views as a backdrop for a quick breakfast or casual buffet dinner.
- Alfredo's Pizzeria: A sit-down pizzeria with an enticing menu of freshly prepared individual-size pizzas. It features an open kitchen where guests can share a glass of wine or other beverage while watching chefs create their pizzas.
- Wheelhouse Bar: Step in for a plate of fish and chips, a hearty Ploughman's Lunch or other taste of British tradition. You'll find a lunch menu of favorites advertised on chalkboards and displayed on counters for an authentic pub feel.
YOLO (You only live once!)
For $100 a couple, you can book the Ultimate Balcony Dining experience, served by a dedicated waitstaff on your balcony alfresco style (breakfast option also available).
To say the nightlife onboard is entertaining is an understatement. Musicians, singers and dancers illuminate the stages in three theater venues: Princess Theater, Vista Show Lounge and Explorers Lounge. The outdoor Movies Under the Stars shows first-run feature-length films. And when you're looking for a little more action, the dance floor at the One5 nightclub and the Atlantis Casino game tables beckon.
Bars & lounges
Whether you're in the mood for a cozy space to sip cocktails with someone special or a swanky place to savor a cigar and make new friends, Grand Princess has it all.
- Wheelhouse Bar: With a classic private-club ambience, Wheelhouse is a great stop for a cool, wistful pint. There's live music and dancing in the evening.
- Snookers Cigar Bar: A walk-in humidor and sports bar makes a good place for a quiet smoke and a glass of brandy.
- Crooners Lounge: A retro Vegas-style martini and live piano bar.
Spas & relaxation
Soak in the rays in a lounge chair at one of the ship's four swimming pools, and then take a dip in a bubbling hot tub. Grand Princess can also cater to your needs when you want some individual attention.
- Lotus Spa: The spa features wraps, massages and other spa treatments, beauty salon services and personal trainers.
- The Sanctuary: An outdoor spa-inspired setting with signature beverages, light meals, massages, attentive service and relaxing personal entertainment. The Sanctuary is adults only.
- Afternoon Tea: Indulge in afternoon tea with finger sandwiches, pastries, scones, cookies, music and white-glove service.
Grand Princess is outfitted to keep you on the run, literally, with basketball, paddle tennis, jogging tracks and state-of-the-art gyms.
- Lotus Spa Fitness Center
- Swim-against-the-current lap pool
- Nine-hole putting course
- Center Court (paddle tennis, basketball and volleyball)
Youth and teen centers are fully equipped with everything from the latest video games and movies, to arts and crafts, foosball tables, board games and jukeboxes. Activities run the age-appropriate gamut from Princess Pelicans (ages three to seven) and Shockwaves (ages eight to 12) to Remix (ages 13 to 17).
Have you sailed the Grand Princess ? Please share a story, tip or discovery. What was the highlight? We would love to hear about your experience — please share!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Interested in a cruise on Grand Princess? Contact a Cruiseable travel consultant at 1-877-322-3773, or by email, to get additional information and to find the best rates and value for your vacation dollar.
Top highlights on this ship
- Age-appropriate options for kids and teens
- The Sanctuary, a relaxing oasis
- A variety of dining options, including Ultimate Balcony Dining