On a cruise ship
CruiseClout score: 95.0
Sirena: Sail the seas on Oceania's stylish new ship
After Princess Cruises sold its ship Ocean Princess to Oceania Cruises' corporate parent, in March 2016 the ship underwent a $40 million refurbishment and transformed into a new luxury ship, Sirena.
Her decks have been refurbished in the finest teak, custom stone and tile work, and her lounges, suites and staterooms now boast luxurious, neo-classical furnishings. But the real centerpiece of Sirena is its collection of exquisite dining venues: Jacques' Bistro, Red Ginger, Tuscan Steakhouse and the Terrace Cafe.
Who will like sailing on Sirena
With Sirena, Oceania's diverse and destination-rich itineraries will continue to grow, appealing to both seasoned world travelers and passionate cruisers.
Where Sirena sails
Sirena sails innovative itineraries in the Mediterranean, Caribbean and South America. See all of Sirena's itineraries.
- Jacques' Bistro: Taking over the Grand Dining Room on all but embarkation day, Jacques' Bistro (after namesake Jacques Pepin) is handsomely decorated in rich woods, designer tapestry fabrics and oversized armchairs, the expansive dining area features formally attired and classically trained wait staff that serve European-inspired cuisine or delectable alternatives such as healthy Canyon Ranch signature dishes.
- Tuscan Steak: This innovative steakhouse features several delicious beef options — all of which are USDA Prime and dry-aged for 28 days to enhance tenderness and flavor.
- Red Ginger: Offering Asian fusion cuisine and dramatic, stylish decor, Red Ginger gives guests great views of the sea through floor-to-ceiling windows that span two walls. Menus include classics such as miso-glazed sea bass, lobster pad Thai and seven spices crusted lamb rack.
- Terrace Cafe: Feel free to dine inside or al fresco at one of the shaded teak tables on the terrace. First thing in the morning, enjoy sumptuous breakfast selections. Come lunch, the expansive menu of international-inspired dishes changes entirely. Evenings, the cuisine takes on a more sophisticated flair.
- Waves Grill: Located in a spacious, shaded area steps from the swimming pool, Waves Grill offers an extensive and mouthwatering luncheon menu of all-American favorites.
- Afternoon Tea: At Horizons, tea is served every day at 4:00 p.m. A classical string quartet plays softly in the background, while staff brings out bountiful four-tiered pastry carts filled with freshly made finger sandwiches, colorful petits fours, scones with clotted cream and delicious desserts.
- Baristas: This coffee bar offers java lovers complimentary Illy espressos, cappuccinos and lattes prepared by master baristas as well as delicious pastries, finger sandwiches and homemade biscotti.
Sirena features a world-class fitness center and spa, eight lounges and bars, a casino and more. Meet friends for cocktails at Martinis and share adventures you enjoyed ashore. Join an afternoon bridge game, or perhaps simply relax by yourself in one of the many private retreats reserved just for you. Enjoy an engaging guest lecture by a historian, naturalist or former ambassador eager to share insider knowledge. Relax at a musical performance, perhaps featuring a live pianist, a classical string quartet, a dynamic vocalist or a spectacular headliner. Later, try your luck at the elegant Monte Carlo-style casino, or go dancing at Horizons.
Healthy living and spiritual awareness are at the very heart of the Canyon Ranch philosophy. Pushing the boundaries of spa services well beyond the traditional, its award-winning health resorts have been transforming lives since 1979, when the first one was created in Arizona’s Sonoran Desert. Oceania Cruises and Canyon Ranch have recreated that unique, inspiring environment on board Oceania ships. Through fitness, Canyon Ranch cuisine and a multitude of healing therapies, you can discover ways to unleash your untapped potential and make positive changes in your life. Of course, a spa treatment at Canyon Ranch is equally as beneficial to your mind and body.
Sirena features 342 lavish suites and luxurious staterooms, nearly 70% of which feature private verandas. Interiors are decorated with traditional hardwoods, rich fabrics, fine furnishings and original art. A fashionable color palette blends sea, sky and comforting earth tones to create a soothing environment on board.
Source: Information provided by Oceania
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
If you're interested in a cruise on Sirena, contact a Cruiseable travel advocate at 1-877-322-3773 or by email. We can usually offer a better deal than you can get by contacting the cruise line directly.
How about you? Are you planning to sail on Sirena?
Help improve this article! See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!