On a cruise ship
Norwegian Sun cruises from the Pacific Rim to Alaska
The bright orange and yellow sun painted onto the side of this ship is just a glimpse into the bright, fun memories waiting to be made on board. Serving up a variety of dining venues, bars, lounges, entertainment, kid's activities and relaxation opportunities, Norwegian Cruise Line's Norwegian Sun is a hotspot for all travelers.
Like most ships from Norwegian Cruise Line, the Norwegian Sun offers Freestyle dining choices, making your vacation a bit more casual and a lot more fun. Take in a show, relax by the pool, gamble in the casino, take your kids to the family pool — whatever you want, you can do it on the Norwegian Sun.
Where Norwegian Sun sails
Norwegian Sun sails 7- to 9-night Alaska cruises from spring to fall and longer cruises out of Singapore, Hong Kong and South Korea to Tokyo, Bangkok, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Indonesia, the Philippines and other destinations in the Asia-Pacific region.
- East Meets West Steakhouse: The finest cuts of meat, including delicious steaks, chops and seafood, served with traditional side dishes.
- Four Seasons Main Dining Room: Choose from the President's Menu, the daily chef's specials and healthy, light selections. Here your meals come with a side of panoramic views of the sea.
- Garden Café: At the Garden Cafe, you'll find a family-friendly menu of omelets, pasta, soups, salads and ethnic specialties and a rotisserie section with a carving station among other daily features.
- Ginza Sushi: This elegant restaurant features a sushi and sashimi bar, a teppanyaki room and a sushi/sashimi sit-down section.
- Great Outdoor Café: Outdoor buffet serving freshly prepared specialties.
- Il Adagio Restaurant: Floor-to-ceiling windows warmed by the sun make this a favorite casual dining spot where you can enjoy pasta, salads, desserts and espresso. Naturally, the view is spectacular.
- Las Ramblas Tapas Bar & Restaurant: This modern tapas bar brings together flavors from around the world in a constantly changing assortment of hot and cold tapas, set against the backdrop of huge, bold relief murals.
- Le Bistro French Restaurant: Looking for a romantic little table for two? Right this way. The warm, upscale atmosphere at Le Bistro offers a menu of traditional and inventive dishes with a French-Mediterranean flair.
- Moderno Churrascaria: As the succulent skewers of barbequed meats are carved tableside, you control how much you want with the Moderno green and red chip. Green for go and the carving continues or red to stop. Also, enjoy a wide selection of perfectly prepared salads, sliced meats and traditional accompanying dishes from the salad bar.
- 24/7 Pizza: The ocean's very first pizza delivery service is offered 24 hours a day aboard Norwegian Sun.
- Room Service: Room service menus are available 24 hours a day; however, there will be a delivery charge from midnight to 5 am.
- Seven Seas Main Dining Room: A grand dining room offering impressive views and superb cuisine prepared by award-winning master chefs and members in good standing of Chaine des Rotisseurs gourmet society.
- Teppanyaki: A truly authentic Asian dining experience. Sit at a large table where the process of preparing your food right before you is entertaining and impressive.
- Stardust Lounge: It's showtime! This two-story main show lounge headlines the best entertainment at sea. The Stardust can also be used for large-group meetings by day.
- Sun Club Casino: Try your hand at Roulette, Blackjack, Craps, Caribbean Stud Poker and Let It Ride.
- Teen Club: A hip place for teens to hang out, complete with dance floor, bar, video, jukebox, table football and air hockey.
- Video Zone: Stop by the video arcade and shoot a few aliens, win a car race, play pinball and fly a jet fighter.
- Comedy Variety: From stand-up comedy to unicycle-riding jugglers, you're invited for an evening of laughter in the Stardust.
- Encore: Join the Norwegian Production Cast as they showcase the recent hits of the Broadway stage, bringing together the best in song and dance from the past decade. From the outrageous pop tunes of Mamma Mia to the dramatic, soaring melodies of Wicked. The sass and pizzazz of Swing! gives way to the unforgettable hits from Jersey Boys.
- Magicians: How'd they do that? We may never know but it sure is fun to witness things appearing and disappearing right before your eyes. Add a dash of comedy and you've got one magical evening.
- Shout! The Mod Musical: Remember the 1960s? Even if you don't (after all, it was the 60s), you'll love this psychedelic review of the decade through dance, music and fashion.
- White Hot Party: Don your white attire and get to the pool deck for the most invigorating, black light glowing, electrifying party beneath the stars. Dance with the white-winged angels and be sure to get a souvenir t-shirt.
Bars & lounges
- Champagne Bar: Known for a premium selection of champagne and vodka, caviar, pate, and foie gras. The cool sophistication and charm of this establishment makes it an ideal venue for an intimate cocktail party or reception.
- Champs Bar: After you shoot hoops, play tennis, or work up a sweat in the fitness center, head over to Champs, a full bar and just chill.
- Dazzles Nightclub: After enjoying the beautiful sunset and your dinner has settled, it's time to dance until the wee hours at Dazzles Nightclub, a fully equipped disco and bar.
- Observation Lounge: Sit back and take in the beautiful colors of the sea and sky as the sun sinks into the ocean with a full bar as a backdrop. By night it becomes a disco.
- Sports Bar: Live broadcasts of sporting events, juice bar and snacks.
- Sun Club Casino Bar: Enjoy a full bar while you gamble.
- Topsiders Bar: A full bar and grill in close proximity to an ample sunning area and hot tubs. Think of it as a total resort experience.
- Windjammer Bar: This quiet little piano bar is known for its martinis and first-class entertainment nightly.
Spa & fitness
- Basketball/Volleyball Court: Shoot hoops, join a pick-up game or play beach volleyball without the sand at the net enclosed, outdoor basketball/volleyball court.
- Golf Driving Net: Fore! Take your clubs out for a drive at Golf Driving Net, where there's no such thing as a lost ball or a bad drive.
- Hot Tubs: There are a total of five hot tubs aboard Norwegian Sun including a special kid's hot tub near Splashes Kid's Pool.
- Jogging/Walking Track: Run circles around the other guests or get your daily walk in before breakfast on the outdoor track.
- Mandara Spa & Fitness Center: The Mandara Spa & Fitness Center offers unique and exotic spa treatments reflecting the beauty, spirit and traditions of rejuvenation from around the world. You'll find everything from the traditional to the exotic in spa and salon treatments.
- Art Gallery: Stroll through Norwegian Sun's Art Gallery of original paintings for sale by a wide range of well-known artists.
- East Indies Library: You'll find a well-stocked selection of things to read with all the elegant trimmings a good library deserves including a stellar view.
- Galleria Shops: Need a new bathing suit? How about a surprise gift for your sweetheart? The Galleria Shops is a department store that offers a wide selection of brand name and specialty goodies.
- Lifestyles Room: Looking for a quiet place to write postcards, play cards or read a book? This is the place.
- Kid's Korner: Totally zoned for kids, there are places to do arts and crafts, watch movies and play on the computer. There are even quiet corners for the younger crowd to sleep and rest, too.
- The Oasis Pool: These two glimmering, outdoor pools are in close proximity to plenty of deck space, sun beds and deck chairs.
- Splashes Kid's Pool: Just like its name, Splashes Kid's Pool is just right for pint-size splashing and playing. The pool also features a waterfall and a children's hot tub nearby.
All staterooms have a TV, refrigerator, safe, duvet and bathroom with shower. All lower beds are convertible to a queen-size bed.
How about you? Have you sailed on Norwegian Sun? We'd like to hear about your experience!
Help improve this article. See anything wrong? What did we overlook? Be a co-creator!
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
If you're interested in a cruise on Norwegian Sun, contact a Cruiseable travel advocate at 1-877-322-3773 or by email. We can usually offer a better deal than you can get by contacting the cruise line directly.
Top highlights on this ship
- 16 global dining choices to suit your every mood
- Private balconies available in an Owner's Suite or Penthouse if you're looking for luxury
- Great entertainment in the Stardust Theater