On a cruise ship
Norwegian Spirit: Family-friendly vacations to the Caribbean or Med
With excellent service and cool ambiance, the Norwegian Spirit may be one of the older ships in the Norwegian Cruise Line fleet, but it hasn't changed the ship's quality. This 2,018-passenger ship still offers solid restaurants, bars and lounges as well as plenty of family-friendly services.
Norwegian Cruises has taken on the concept of "freestyle cruising" for all of its lines, and the Spirit is no exception. Whether it's the sense of humor that permeates the ship, the numerous child activities or the unrestricted dining hours and activities, the Spirit has become a standard for those who love the hustle and bustle of cruising without the stuffiness.
Who will like sailing on Norwegian Spirit
This cruise is for all age ranges, but it is particularly good for families, as the child care services on board are top notch. From smaller children to exclusive offerings for teenagers, every member of your family is sure to find something to enjoy.
Where Norwegian Spirit sails
This ship is a free spirit, gallivanting about from Alaska to the South Pacific (Bora Bora, Tahiti, Australia, Fiji, Bali, New Zealand) as well as forays into the Mediterranean and Middle East.
Cagney's Steak House
This traditional steak house serves perfectly grilled steaks in a setting right out of the 1930s with all the trimmings. If you really want to splurge, you can also add a whole lobster to your order. It's open for dinner, but passengers in suites get exclusive access for breakfast and lunch options.
Le Bistro French Restaurant
Le Bistro is an ode to all things French during the dinner hour. Enjoy traditional French cuisine such as bouillabaisse and filet mignon, or partake of the chocolate fondue afterwards.
Raffles Court & Terrace
Choose from a delicious selection of ready-to-cook omelets, waffles, fruits, soups, ethnic specialties and pasta in this buffet-style indoor/outdoor restaurant. There are a variety of cuisines available throughout the day, from vegetarian to Tex-Mex.
Shogun Asian Restaurant
Enjoy authentic Japanese, Thai and Chinese cuisine at this Pan-Asian. There's also a sushi and sashimi bar where you can enjoy the very best sushi and sashimi, and be sure not to miss Teppanyaki, where you sit at a large table of 10 and your food is prepared right in front of you.
- Comedy Variety: The refurbished Stardust Theater hosts an evening of laughter, with performances as diverse as standup comedy routines to unicycle-riding jugglers.
- Elements: This production features everything from magic to aerials alongside exciting music and dance. With the theme of the four elements — earth, water, air and fire — this show is sure to entertain.
- On Broadway: Life is a cabaret, especially when you're enjoying performances of the greatest hits of the Great White Way from top-notch singers and dancers.
- Presumed Murdered Luncheon: The Second City comedy troupe has teamed up with crime novelist Scott Turow to create a hilarious who-done-it lunch show Presumed Murdered. You are immediately brought into the action to find the killer and bring them to justice.
- Soul Rockin' Nights: Rock the night away with this high energy party that celebrates the sounds of soul to the raw force of Rock 'n' Roll. Kick up your cowboy boots, then chill out to the sweet sounds of folk and get thrown back with the power rock of the 80's!
- The Second City: Chicago's legendary comedy theatre, The Second City offers a revue of sketches, songs and improvisation, putting its comic spin on current events and life on the cruise ship.
Bars & lounges
- Bier Garten: Outdoor bar serving German snacks and premium beers.
- Champagne Charlie's Champagne Bar: At Champagne Charlie's, there is a full range of premium champagnes with caviar and foie gras.
- Galaxy of the Stars Observation Lounge: Sit back and take in the beautiful colors of the sea with a full bar as a backdrop and daily-changing appetizers.
- Henry's Pub: A traditional English pub, this place features dart boards, large screen TVs, Fish n' Chips and the proper beer on tap.
- Maharajah's Casino Bar: Try your hand at one of 158 slot machines, or play Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Caribbean Stud Poker or Let It Ride. Maharajah's Casino includes a full bar.
- Maharini's Lounge & Nightclub: Dance the night away at this Indian/Bollywood style lounge and nightclub.
- Shanghai Bar: This sports bar with an Asian twist offers a broad selection of beers and pub snacks with your game highlights.
Spas & fitness
- Mandara Spa & Fitness Center: If being pampered is your idea of a vacation, the Mandara Spa & Fitness Center offers a wide range of spa treatments to rejuvenate you and a full range of exercise machines in the gym.
- Oscar's Hair & Beauty Salon: This full service hair and beauty salon offers a full range of services for your hair and face.
- Basketball Court: Shoot hoops or join a pick up game at the net enclosed, outdoor basketball court.
- Jogging/Walking Track: Run circles around the other guests or get your daily walk in before breakfast on the outdoor track.
- Golf Driving Net: Take your clubs out for a drive at one of two golf driving nets onboard.
The rooms are smaller, with larger bathrooms, and 300 of the cabins are interconnecting, which is great for people traveling with families. There are also seven suites, 11 junior suites and five deluxe penthouse suites available on board.
Interested in a cruise on this ship?
Interested in a cruise on this ship? Contact a Cruiseable travel consultant at 1-877-322-3773, or by email, to get additional information and to find the best rates and value for your vacation dollar.
Top highlights on this ship
- A hilarious who-done-it lunch show "Presumed Murdered"-- passengers get involved in the mystery
- Shoot hoops or join a pick up game at the net enclosed, outdoor basketball court
- Visit the splendid Canary Islands